EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 08-09-2007, 04:08 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Quick Raid Button, How should I set up the macro?

Hiya guys!

So I'm trying to figure out how I should set up these macros in the Quick Raid Button, however, I haven't the slightest idea how I should go about actually coding the macro in there (as basically in game you just drag it onto the slot and and add another command and you're done heh).

Basically the code in that text file is:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="beginchatinput &quot;QuickRaidButton not configured, please see _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt&quot;" Tooltip="Macro1 (Tooltip not configured)"/>

Basically I want to set the 3 buttons up so that I have my small heal, large heal then my heal over time (warden by the way heh). Is it just as simple as putting /usea <spell> where the "Macro=" part is at? will it automatically target that group member or do I need to add something in there? I'm slightly confused! heh

Anyways, thanks your your help guys!
Unread 08-09-2007, 04:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See my post here on how to configure it. It works just like macros worked before you could drag'n'drop them, with a few exceptions. A full FAQ entry is to follow.

If you let me know the spells you want configured in this thread they will be preconfigured in the next version.
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Alrighty so here's what I kinda got, is this correct GM9:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Sylvan Streams" Tooltip="Small Heal"/>

<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Verdant Bliss" Tooltip="Large Heal"/>

<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Greater Chloroplast" Tooltip="Heal Over Time (Single)"/>

Should I bother changing the "Data Name" or just leave it as it is I imagine?
Unread 08-09-2007, 05:29 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Looks good. If you change the Data Name it won't work anymore, don't touch that.
Unread 08-10-2007, 04:53 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Butcherblock

I have mine exactly just like you have them there and they don't work for me. The buttons tooltip works for it won't cast the spell.

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Oration"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death's Door" Tooltip="Elegy"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Hyran's Seething Sonata" Tooltip="Hyran's"/>
</Page>
Unread 08-10-2007, 05:02 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You need to replace the ' by &apos; for the second and third button. The first button should have worked though. Just to be sure I am therefore also enclosing all the spell names in "..." (which become &quot, although during the very little testing I had done it worked without that. So try this:

Code:
<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Oration of Sacrifice&quot;" Tooltip="Oration"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;" Tooltip="Elegy"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Hyran&apos;s Seething Sonata&quot;" Tooltip="Hyran&apos;s"/>
</Page>
Unread 08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I dunno what I'm doing wrong but I've spent hours trying to get my dirge rezzes to work...This is what I'm trying to use now - copied from this forum because I couldnt get anything else to wrok...and I can't even get this to lol Oh, my oration button works fine.

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy at Death&apos;s Door
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy of Awakening&quot;
ponder Parent.Target
say REZZING Parent.Target and dead group members
tell Parent.Target You have been granted new life, don&apos;t throw it away again." Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>
Unread 08-19-2007, 12:37 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Koejae, try this one:
Quote:
<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;" Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy of Awakening" Tooltip="Group Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Oration of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>
Rapture, /loadui reloads it, but you will have some other issues doing that (for example, you should /load_uisettings your own uisettings afterwards since what you have on screen will be messed up).

Daemos, try this one (can't currently test this, but might do the trick - I think all statements containing &apos; may need to be enclosed in &quot
Quote:
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Jester&apos;s Cap&quot;
tell Parent.Target &quot;You have been given my most happy Jester&apos;s cap 50% recast reduction for 30 seconds&quot;
tell player_name Parent.Target" Tooltip="Jester&apos;s Cap"/>
capnjax21, not currently, but I will probably be adding such a setting and/or have unassigned buttons automatically hidden.
Unread 08-19-2007, 02:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Cap - you can just resize the window to hide the buttons.

And i'll try that gm9 - but that's the first thing I attempted when you released the buttons.

*Edit*

Ok got the rezzes working - thanks.

Should I be able add lines from there now? or doyou think it will cause issues again?

Last edited by Koejae : 08-19-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:03 PM
A Sea Turtle

Hi guys, I got a big problem using the quickraidbuttons and i cant find the problem. I edited the _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons in my Profitui folder with serveral different spells in english and german language. If i type ingame "/useabilityonplayer Controller prismatic chaos" it is going to work, but these commands in the textfile dont. Is there anybody who can help me ? noone in game was able to solve the probs.

This are my tries:

</Page>
<Page Name="Illusionist">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Prismatisches Chaos" Tooltip="Prisma"/>
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Controller Prismatisches Chaos" Tooltip="Prisma"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Prismatic Chaos" Tooltip="Prismat"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Controller Prismatic Chaos" Tooltip="Prismat"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Savante" Tooltip="Savante"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Controller Savante" Tooltip="Savante"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Manafluss" Tooltip="Manafluss"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Manaflow" Tooltip="Manaflow"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="tell Parent.Target test 1 2 3 test" Tooltip="test"/>

There is no error message showing up, just a short pling, thats it.
It would be very nice if anybody has a clue what i can do......

PS: I only editet the quickraidbuttons, do i have to make changes in eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml too ?
I can't find any infos about that.

Last edited by Controller : 08-28-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:23 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You cannot duplicate the entire lines, the must only be one <Data element per button. For multiple commands just make a new line within the command, see e.g. Dechau's post above.
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:45 PM
A Sea Turtle

It doesnt work somehow.......
Is there maybe something else i have to do except editing the _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt in my profitui folder with:

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Mana Flow" Tooltip="Mana"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Synergism" Tooltip="Buff"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane" Tooltip="Cure"/>
</Page>

The spellnames are correct, the codelines seems to be correct too. Have i forgot something ?

I just made a complete clean install of the latest profit ui, in hope to get things working but nothing happens. No tooltip message, no spellcast, no error message, nothing except a short pling.

I had been wasting many days now but i still hope to solve the problem because it is a great feature and i would love to use it.

If you have any kind of suggestion what i can do. Please tell me.

Last edited by Controller : 08-30-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Unread 09-18-2007, 07:32 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

Ok still a n00b when it comes to this feature but I'd like to start using it. I've poured through this post, the FAQ, and another one that was closed.

What is needed to start using these? Do I just edit the
_ProfitUI_Raidbuttons.txt and then the 3 buttons will appear in my raid window? Does something else need to be done? Do you have to make macros in game to correlate to the ones in the .txt file?

Thats about it for now. Think I can manage the rest just didn't see these questions addressed elsewhere.

Unread 09-19-2007, 01:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The buttons should already be there, and yes, just edit _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt to define what they do for each subclass.
Unread 09-21-2007, 12:20 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Default OMG thank you!

Thank you tons GM9.

You have made my life so much easier with the macros. I can now cast on anyone in the raid with out losing my main target.

And you were right I had to use the notepad++ to make it edit correctly.

I just did a simple one for my Conjuror.

<Page Name="Conjuror">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Scintilla of Essence
tell Parent.Target Shard Inc" Tooltip="Shard"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Cure Arcane" Tooltip="Arcane"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target See Invisibility" Tooltip="See Invis"/>
</Page>

HAHA , now i better back up a copy of it incase the updater overwrites it.
Unread 09-21-2007, 08:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

<Page Name="Guardian">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Intercede" Tooltip="Intercede"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Sentry Watch" Tooltip="Sentry Watch"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="beginchatinput &quot;QuickRaidButton not configured, please see _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt&quot;" Tooltip="Macro3 (Tooltip not configured)"/>

This seems to work.

Question - should I be seeing the icons for Intercede and Sentry Watch in the raid window ?

Avenn Elonis
70 Guardian
Oasis
Keepers of the Oak

Last edited by AvenElonis : 09-24-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Unread 09-21-2007, 11:14 AM
A Coastal Crab

There must be something more that makes the following not working.

Used Notepad++

<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Touch of Empathy
gsay blablabla Parent.Target
tell Parent.Target blablabla" Tooltip="Detaunt"/>
Unread 10-24-2007, 12:46 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Exclamation

I have been trying to get buttons 4 and 5 to work for some time now. This is what I have. I have tried it with and without &quot; ...neither seems to work. I push the button and nothing happens. The tool tip I get when i hover over it in the game says "Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.B5.Tooltip"

This is how I have it set up: The other 3 buttons i have set up work fine, even with text macros.

<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Animist&apos;s Transference&quot;" Tooltip="Animist&apos;s Transference"/>
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;See Invisibility&quot;
gsay See Invisibility INC to Parent.Target" Tooltip="See Invisibility"/>

Please help if I'm doing something wrong!

EDIT:

I got it to work in my group window ( I had to use notepad++). using:
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Animist&apos;s Transference&quot;" Tooltip="Animist&apos;s Transference"/>
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target See Invisibility" Tooltip="See Invisibility"/>

However, I still cannot get it tow ork in my raid window. Infact the hover buttons I get the tool tip shown above. but the buttons themsleves say 2 and 3 instead of 4 and 5.

Last edited by darkdragonfae : 10-24-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Got it to work in group window
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually 4 and 5 do not work on the raid window since I had trouble counting past three. Will be fixed soon.
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Confront Fear?

Hey GM9, I've been trying to replace the heart/shard request with Confront Fear for the dirge setup, but everytime I do that it goes back to the default. I'm using the Notepad++ that you recommended, but still no luck. Any chance you could post what changing button 5 to Confront Fear should look like, so that I don't butcher it anymore? Thanks much.
Unread 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

nevermind on the above post. i was able to get confront fear to work on button 5. however, i'm not getting any of the tells, raidsay, or gsay to come out when i activate them. here's what my dirget page looks like

<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="SpellForMyLevel=&quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="(44) Elegy at Death&apos;s Door"/>
raidsay Rez on Parent.Target
gsay Rez on Parent.Target
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Elegy of Awakening'
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="(58) Elegy of Awakening"/>
raidsay Group Rez on Parent.Target
gsay Group Rez on Parent.Target
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Speech of Sacrifice'
COND=(Parent.Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.ActualLevel.T ext < 78)
SpellForMyLevel=COND ? 'Oration of Sacrifice' : SpellForMyLevel
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="(65) Oration of Sacrifice
(78) Speech of Sacrifice"/>
tell Parent.Target Lifetapping to you
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="SpellForMyLevel='Gravitas'
useabilityonplayer Parent.Target SpellForMyLevel" Tooltip="(80) Gravitas"/>
tell Parent.Target Hey Parent.Target You have Gravitas now
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Confront Fear" Tooltip="Confront Fear"/>
tell Parent.Target Your Rez Effects are Removed
say Rez Effects Removed from Parent.Target
</Page>

any idea why it's not working?
Unread 11-18-2008, 06:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

well now i just feel silly. third and final post. i figured out the problem and it's all taken care of. great UI gm9...just a bunch of operator error going on here.
Unread 11-19-2008, 03:44 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default making gravitas timeable

Hey, first post here, and i just wanna say that i really love the UI, it rocks and i have never had any problems with it.

The question i have is that i wanna be able to use the UI to time gravitas using ACT, is this even possible???

I have seen posts on eq2 flames about the subject, and iv tried to get something similar going but to no success. I am new to all the UI modding stuff and i really dont have a clue about any of it, which is probably why i have had no success. the code i use for my buttons at the moment is:

</Page>
<Page Name="Dirge">
<Data Name="Button1" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Gravitas&quot;
tell Parent.Target You now have Improved Healing
gsay Improved Healing for Parent.Target" Tooltip="Gravitas"/>
<Data Name="Button2" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target &quot;Elegy at Death&apos;s Door&quot;
tell Parent.Target &quot;Inc Rez &quot;
raidsay Rezzing Parent.Target" Tooltip="Single Rez"/>
<Data Name="Button3" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Elegy of Awakening
raidsay Group Rezzing Parent.Target &quot;&apos;s&quot; group
say Group Rezzing Parent.Target &quot;&apos;s&quot; group" Tooltip="Group"/>
<Data Name="Button4" Macro="useabilityonplayer Parent.Target Speech of Sacrifice" Tooltip="Heal"/>
<Data Name="Button5" Macro="tell Parent.Target Heart&apos;/&apos;Shard please" Tooltip="Heart/Shard request"/>

Im really not sure if this is possible, and i would really appreciate any help at all plz
Unread 11-19-2008, 06:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

you need to configure your ACT to do that, this has nothing to do with the UI