EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 07-28-2005, 06:40 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A single bag that won't Stay Put. :)

Hello,

I'm using Jaxel's skinned bags 3/4 size, and I'm getting one small oddity with it. I don't know much XML, so I'm not sure what other details anyone that might be able to help me would need.

The problem is that on each of my characters there is one bag that just won't stay where I put it. Everytime I log in and open that bag, it moves to the next "default" location determined by any other bags that are open.

The really strange part is that it's a different bag for each character. I think I might have narrowed it down to being the last bag/box slot that was filled with a bag/box. On one character it's one of his house vault boxes, on another character it's the last of his personal bank boxes. In the later case, I know for a fact that the bank bag that won't stay put is the last bag slot that was filled. I had boxes in his house vault before I finally got that 8th box for his personal bank. For the first character, he had all his bank (personal and shared) filled long before he had anything for his house vault, so I feel confident in saying that one of the house vault slots was the last one filled.

So, if anyone would like to take a crack at this, please let me know what I can do to help you help me.

Thanks in advance,

Sagdalon

P.S. I did a search on the Stayput and Stay-put topics, but didn't find anything quite like this problem. If I missed it, I would appreciate it if someone could link the relavent thread. Thanks again.
Unread 07-28-2005, 07:02 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I gave up on fixing my bags. Was giving me more grey hairs then I needed/wanted.

I know my bags like Ger's ( multi mode ) would retain the size of the last bag that was in that slot if it was bigger. Even though I had code in place that started the bag out small and grow it as the slots where displayed it would still keep the size of the last bigger bag that was in that slot untill I fip/flop the modes.

So IMO EQ2 is relating size and location of bag to slot. I havn't had the location issue you speak of to that degree. I come to the concution that its unfixable by normal mortals and needs the attintion of a nerf bat by SOE..

I know this wasn't helpfull much, just my take on whats happing in the .ini when size/loc are getting saved.
Unread 07-28-2005, 09:42 PM
aka Mook
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos

Sagdalon: Known (or at least filed) bug. Only the first 20 bag positions are remembered, and there are 21 bag slots. (Including the House Vault as a bag, since it uses the bag window.)

Similar discussion in the latter part of this thread:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2533
Unread 07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

Cool. I kinda figured it was something like that, but I hadn't been able to find that thread.

Thanks for the info, at least now I know the reason.
Unread 07-29-2005, 12:23 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

So THAT's why that one bank box won't stay put...