EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 08-18-2006, 05:28 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Broker mod

I went away from eq2 to WoW to try it for a while, I did and I absolutely got addicted to WoW because of the super wide variety and availability of custom user interfaces, really extreme ones as well with huge useability (didn't actually like the game very much, just my downloaded gadgets for it lol)!

However one of my favorites were this mod called "Auctioneer", what it did was search the whole auction house and copy the prices to it's database, (this was all done ingame by the push of a button on your auctioneer screen) it automatically browsed the auctioneer and captured the prices for all the items, duplicates and non duplicates.

Now bare with me, this might be confusing and I don't know if it is correct since I did not calculate and write the mod;

Let's say you see 23 adept books of the same kind, it adds up the price for all 23 of them, finds the average and undercuts by 10% or 15%, that way you know exactly what is a good price to sell the book for. After it's done calculating that it showed exactly what it calculated and thought was a recommended price for the item you were trying to sell. After you're done and close the broker window, you still have the recommended price in the mod's database in your Eq2 directory, so next time you loot/collect an item, it shows up in it's description how much it is worth selling it on the broker... GENIOUS! Also, keep in mind that this searches the WHOLE broker, not just one kind of item (if you do not want it to that is) so it catches and calculates out the median of all the objects it's seen, so you could loot anything and see what a recommended price would be on the broker (providing the mod saw it on the broker once)

It's a really great add-on for that game, and I miss it so much. And let's not forget how overpriced everything is in Everquest II, the playerbase NEEDS a mod like this with such an effed up economy we have in Eq2.

If I didn't make myself clear enough, if you have any questions, any suggestions, or if I am bad at explaining. Please respond!

Edit #1: Added some more information that I forgot to include

Last edited by Talrath : 08-18-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Unread 09-15-2006, 12:45 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle

I'll bring this back from the dead, but I too also loved the Auctioneer mod and have been trying to find anything similar for EQ2, it would be nice to have data of the market values so we dont pay too much for item and also not to sell for too little.
Unread 09-15-2006, 12:57 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Unfortunately (or in my personal opinion: luckily) this is not possible to mod with the interface tools we have, and even if you could possibly build an external tool for this it would go against the EULA and get you banned.
Unread 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

I quite loved the auctioneer mod myself, however in eq2 it is just not possible to redo (speaking as a mod designer). I disagree with the luckily part tho, I would truely love to be able to redo some of the WoW addons for eq2.. auctioneer, myroleplay, raid mobs, attack alert... the list goes on and on

a) We cannot access the information that is in the searches to record it anywhere.

b) We do not have hard drive read/write to be saving the information found

c) we cannot add new things to the tooltips, so no adding what the average price was to the objects tip.

Last edited by Ranot : 09-15-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Unread 09-15-2006, 06:54 PM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

It might be possible to build something close to this by dumping search results to the chat window for log parsing. Some limitations I see here..

Can only capture the 8 prices on screen at any time. More than that requires paging. Cross-city would also require a seperate price capturing session. So initially seeding the DB with objects and prices would be tedious.

Purchased items would not automatically remove from the DB. You would need to refresh it periodically to remove old prices.

Prices include color data that would have to be stripped off of each denomonation befor any math could be done on it.
Unread 09-15-2006, 07:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yeah, but I don't see the UI engine handling loading back the database and doing string comparisons on it. it would be huge.
Unread 01-21-2007, 08:01 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

I'm going to dig this up because of the recent changes in the way the broker works and ask if it isn't possible to make something like this now?

Also, since Blizzard is every bit as strict about Gold Sellers as Sony is, and seems to actually take a more active stance on trying to eliminate them, I have to ask WHY this type of UI mod would be in violation of the EULA? I can't see how it would really be doing anything to cause any problems for anyone and it would be freely available to anyone who wanted to use it, so it's not like it is any different from any other UI mod.

My personal favorite while I was playing WoW was NOT Auctioneer, but a different system called WoWEcon, which actually worked a bit differently. It gathered data, constructed an offline database from all servers, on both a per server basis and a merged basis, then published that data in a freely available mod that you could update as often as you liked and stored the data in a saved varriable file on your hard drive where you could access it whenever you needed to know any type of information about an item such as the average market price, the high and low price and the vendor price. If you want more information about that mod, take a look at this site http://www.wowecon.com/.