EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 11-03-2010, 10:33 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default Maybe Dumb

This maybe a dumb question but how does a button with no onpress know what it does. Example
Code:
<Button Location="0,96" Name="TakeCoinButton" PackLocation="left,bottom" PackSize="fixed,fixed" ScrollExtent="82,30" Size="82,30" Style="/CommonElements.PushButton.data.style" Tooltip=":5f6b97aeb8e74752:This is the amount of coin you have waiting to be picked up." TooltipDisabled=":5f6b97aea5cb3782:There is no coin left in this lot to pick up.">:5f6b97aeee5f1583:Take Coin</Button>
That is the Take coin button in the Broker window there is no Onpress in it but it does work as intended?

Or even this one

Code:
<Page BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DragAccepts="icon" Location="1,89" Name="AutoInventory" RStyleDefault="/CommonElements.RoundedGrouper.data.rect" ScrollExtent="137,36" Size="137,36">
<Text AbsorbsInput="false" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NormalStyle" Location="10,9" Name="AutoInventoryMsg" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="118,20" Size="118,20" TextAlignment="Center" TextAlignmentVertical="Center" TextColor="#F0D080" Tooltip=":5f6b97ae960bd90b:Hold shift to create a new stack">:5f6b97aedcf855ff:Drop to add item</Text>
</Page>
That is a Autoinventory box for the Broker that does work as intended but if i add that to say the shared part of my bank i cant drop anything to it

Last edited by DiggityMan : 11-03-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

If you are referring to buttons/elements in the stock UI, 99% of those buttons don't use UI scripting to function. They're hardcoded from the servers end and their functionality is based off their element's name matching properly (and being in the right part of the xml structure).

There's only a few places where the standard UI elements use things like "onpress" etc, mostly just so we can be able to modify them if needed.
Unread 11-03-2010, 11:53 PM
A Dragoon Sith
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

ok so if the name and place in the xml parent match its works as excepted, I get it so my next question is tehre a way to add a autoinventory to a window. Also is there anyway to search a list box

Last edited by DiggityMan : 11-03-2010 at 11:57 PM.