EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > XML Modification Help & Info

Unread 10-24-2008, 08:42 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak
Default uibuilder crashed

this really sucks uibuilder crashed my comp and now when i load it up and load my ui it wont bring up everything. my root list stops at mainhud. i tried copying my equi and my mainhud xml files and still not working. when i load my ui in game its broke. is there an easy way to fix this or do i have to start over?
thanks all
Unread 10-24-2008, 09:02 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Guk

I've encountered this before.

First try to search through the xml files you edited last for strange structure or anything that looks like it does not belong there. The xml schema follows a structure and when this error occurs that structure is damaged to the point that it includes text from other files or fragments of code from adjacent modules.

Next, look for the main files like eq2ui_mainhud.xml and the next include in the chain of eq2ui.xml which would be eq2ui_custom.xml. That file could be corrupted or a module it includes.

Just some tunnels to go down. Good luck.
Unread 10-25-2008, 04:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually the last window/file shown in UIbuilder or the one that is <included> after it in the module is usually the one that causes the crash. But yes, it will usually also be the one with the most recent last modified date. Fast test to see if you found the file is to rename/remove it from your custom UI folder and reload the UI in UIbuilder. If it loads fine, that file was the cause.
Unread 10-25-2008, 01:45 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Neriak

it was like keezyrick siad i found it all and got it all staightened out. thanks for the help