EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 04-24-2007, 11:42 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Innothule
Default Chat-Window & Fontstyle

Hi there!

I recently got a 19"-monitor (old one was 17"). With that i switched from 1024*768 to a higher resolution -> 1600*1200

I played around with other setups, but this one is the only one i saw, where -graphic-dimensions seems to fit, without looking kinda strange.

however, with that change everything works fine with the ui's preset, except one thing

here you have some screenies

Fontsize <= 20
and

Fontsize = 21

i'm having a hard time reading the text in the chatwindow
first one shows chats with text-size up to 20, from around 17 to 20 the text is shown VERY narrow, quick reading is just not possible

when i tweak it to 21 the text is suddendly getting VERY bold and annoying too
so, both cases aren't very nice to work with, but i didn't find an issue on something like that on the boards

does anyone have any idea, how to fix that?

kind regards
E.

Last edited by Exodus1028 : 04-24-2007 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Unread 04-24-2007, 12:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The fonts are SOE standard, I haven't done anything to them. I can imagine that enabling "smooth fonts" in the options will help, since it changes the way that fonts are rendered.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

This is a different topic from the original one but still has to do with the chat channel.

I downloaded and installed Profit UI 3.2 and now can not chat period. Even if I open a new chat window there is no where to type in a command or chat text. I have tried everything I can thing of and can not fix the issue. Please help.

I found out how to get the text input to work. The fix was to change the last few lines in eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml where Parent.ChatPage.ChatFrame.ChatScroll.visible=false was listed to Parent.ChatPage.ChatFrame.ChatScroll.visible=true

Now when i type the input appears behind the last line of text in the chat window so that i can not see what i am typing.

Last edited by Savahn : 04-25-2007 at 11:47 AM.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:47 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

You read the FAQ?
http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.php?id=15&a=faq
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yes, I followed the installation instruction and this is 5 time I've installed Profit UI. I edited my last post with an update on the problem.
Unread 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savahn View Post
I downloaded and installed Profit UI 3.2 and now can not chat period. Even if I open a new chat window there is no where to type in a command or chat text. I have tried everything I can thing of and can not fix the issue. Please help.
As I pointed out in the release notes, I switched the settings around. The new default settings, which you get if you first install, will now have the chat entry enabled. The old settings were the inverse.

The reason this was done was because SOE changed it so the game no longer asks with new characters which interface settings you want to load. With my new default settings you can now immediately type /load_uisettings and load them. However, I have not yet updated the provided default uisettings files, they still use the old setup.

Currently you will have to manually right-click the window, go to window settings and set "frame and titlebar" to "none".

That's also covered in the FAQ here: http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.p...a=faq&faqid=12
Unread 04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks, I figured it out. Sorry, I didnt read enough of the faq.
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:38 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The fonts are SOE standard, I haven't done anything to them. I can imagine that enabling "smooth fonts" in the options will help, since it changes the way that fonts are rendered.

thanks for your reply

i was already looking for something like this in the options-menu, but didn't find anything useful

maybe because i use german client version, but honestly i do not believe that, because things are being just translated afaik

gameoptions -> interface -> chat-window?

in which section is such an option?

thanks in advance
E.

PS: great to see you back!
Unread 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Actually German and other localized clients do render fonts differently. It is a real pain to build a UI that works for all (for example my clock window has different settings for English and non-English users). I wish SOE would fix that...

Regarding the option wasnÄt there a section UI -> Fonts? Has been a while for me, but it is some general section, not specific to any window.
Unread 04-26-2007, 02:27 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

In my Options window it's under Options - User Interface - Game Windows - Smooth Fonts. The "Use small sans serif font" checkbox will also change all your fonts around.
Unread 04-28-2007, 03:12 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othesus View Post
In my Options window it's under Options - User Interface - Game Windows - Smooth Fonts. The "Use small sans serif font" checkbox will also change all your fonts around.

found it there! thanks very much

it did solve my problem, now everything is working perfectly

checked things almost everywhere, but not in this tree ... maybe it was not obvious enough for me

well, thank you guys for help