Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-27-2006, 06:33 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbremer831
I seem to be having issues with my background color on opened boxes they all have a black background even my health/power window is black. tried leaving a few chat channels and the lvl chan is black so i can not ckick it to see it to leave it or join any. Please Help, I really enjoy Fetish UI hope to get this fixed
Reinstall FetishUI from the most recent zip file. Sounds like you're missing some image files.
Unread 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Kithicor

k, it's good to blame SoE for something that they broke.
Unread 11-28-2006, 03:25 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

i have notice in reference to the timer over laping the writ items to craft that if i click and hold the little box to the left of the 1st item to make i can drag the items down a little under the timer, it will hold till i log off
Unread 11-29-2006, 11:48 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

The default skin doesn't have the problem with the elongated timer bar covering up writ information in the mini quest helper. I have tried to identify which file it is exactly so I could swap them, but I don't know which file controls the mini quest helper. Does anybody know?

LOL I've been doing the crafting writs now with the big journal window since they were reintroduced.
Unread 11-29-2006, 01:51 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Don't bother Billy, I'll be releasing an update probably in the next 24hrs or so that fixes this prob. It was a major pain to resolve too. Turns out SOE's positioning code that nudges the list down to make room for the timer depends on the timer having exactly the same location theirs does
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Quest Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
Don't bother Billy, I'll be releasing an update probably in the next 24hrs or so that fixes this prob. It was a major pain to resolve too. Turns out SOE's positioning code that nudges the list down to make room for the timer depends on the timer having exactly the same location theirs does

Thank you so much!
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Turns out SOE's positioning code that nudges the list down to make room for the timer depends on the timer having exactly the same location theirs does
D'Oh! Why must they make things hardcoded like that... just give us a property and that makes things all better and it gives us more usefulness.
Unread 12-01-2006, 03:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question Maps and Chat-while-zoning

Anyone have any help on these?

1) Maps -
a) Some maps, the tool-tips for the items on the map do not come up. I hover over an NPC, or quest dot, or zone, but no pop-up text. I was in Varsoons, and no text appeared. Zoned up to the Steppes, and all there was fine.
b) Still having occasional overlay issues - the icons for one zone over the other. Was in Nektulos, and had it AND East Commonlands icons. For example, had a zone icom for Nectropolis Castle AND The Graveyard. Rebooted and all was fine. Also happens with two-map zones, occasionally.

2) Chat while zoning does not work. I receive chat, and can read it, but not reply or type new text.

Any help would be much appreciated
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmoon
Anyone have any help on these?

1) Maps -
a) Some maps, the tool-tips for the items on the map do not come up. I hover over an NPC, or quest dot, or zone, but no pop-up text. I was in Varsoons, and no text appeared. Zoned up to the Steppes, and all there was fine.
b) Still having occasional overlay issues - the icons for one zone over the other. Was in Nektulos, and had it AND East Commonlands icons. For example, had a zone icom for Nectropolis Castle AND The Graveyard. Rebooted and all was fine. Also happens with two-map zones, occasionally.

2) Chat while zoning does not work. I receive chat, and can read it, but not reply or type new text.

Any help would be much appreciated
1) Do a search, you'll find a post on Rivervale in the EQ2MAP section allll abuot that.

2) You have to click on the chatbar to start typing. Just hitting / doesn't work while zoning. Also, it depends on what stage of zoning you are... sometimes it 'locks' it and sometimes messages sent don't go through. Just don't do anything while "loading zone info" or any times that you find the messages don't go through. I think thats one reason SOE probably made the full-screen zoning window.
Unread 12-02-2006, 04:39 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

1) Wrong map or double map issues should be almost entirely eliminated. Problems can still come up if for some reason the client misfires the scripts. If that happens, you can still manually resolve the issue in game by selecting the correct map from the menus, then hitting the "S" button in the lower right corner.

Currently there is a bug on SOE's end with older indoor zones. Though these zones never had fog to begin with, the empty fog layer is blocking POI mousover. You'll need to check and uncheck the fog button to use POIs in these zones.

2) Keyboard commands to activate the chat input area while zoning have never (and probably will never) work. You have to manually click the chat area while zoning.
Unread 12-02-2006, 07:29 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Hey Zonx, can the bags be brought back to default size? I have a hard time dragging items out of inventory sometimes. A lot of times, I have to try it 3-4 times, to get it to work, and even them sometimes it's the item next to the target one, not the one I'm actually tyring to move. Can the tracking window keep the scroll bar and the color dots all the time? I like the layout of the persona window, but wonder if it's possible to make the window and icons bigger also.

I also just logged in, and mouseover on the tradeskill recipes, is no longer showing any info about them. I cannot tell what ones I've made now and what ones I have not. Do you know if this is a Sony change?

Last edited by wolfmoonct : 12-02-2006 at 07:37 AM.
Unread 12-02-2006, 09:39 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

The drag icon problems have nothing to do with slot size, its a bug on SOE's end and affects everything dragable.

In any event, the upcoming release will include alternate bag sizes, so if you prefer 100% scale bags, you'll be able to set that up. For now, you can trash eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml from your Fetish directory to use the default bag.

Generally my users want to reduce screen clutter, so no I don't intend to increase the size of the Inspect window or its icons. If you prefer a bulkier window, trash eq2ui_mainhud_inspectplayer.xml from your Fetish directory and the default window will load.

For similar reasons, I don't intend to have everything in the Track window always show. However I will see if I can link the stealthing to the Window controls so users can have more control over it. Again, if you prefer the default Tracking window, just trash eq2ui_mainhud_tracking.xml from your Fetish directory.

Most individual window mods from other developers can be added to Nightfall without breakage, so you might want to look at what alternatives are available for those windows.
Unread 12-02-2006, 03:31 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Ok thanks.
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:28 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quick question for you guys... I use to use a 6 slot wide bag and loved it. The creator of that bag is no longer making updates and as of lu 29 it is broken.

I have tried all the 6 slot bags that have been made since lu29 and they all suck. They all seem to have something wrong with them.

Any chance someone has one that works? Like you can actually grab the contents of the bags??

Or any chance you could make one Zonx? I love the fetish ui, I just got so use to using the 6 slot, it is hard to go back....

ty
Unread 12-02-2006, 06:53 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Currently it is not possible to override the bag height auto-sizing SOE is doing. This means more than 4 columns will result in a bag that has empty space at the bottom. Less than 4 columns and the bottom gets cropped. Bag can be set to resizable, but toggeling a bag restores the default size.

I've already given SOE instructions on how to code their bags so they are completely configurable in-game. Its in their "To Do" list. In theory we should have bags that are resizable, icon resizable, and that save their settings within the next LU or 2.

The drag issue is separate prob on their end they are also aware of.
Unread 12-03-2006, 12:03 AM
A Sea Turtle

awesome Zonx, you rock... Thanks so much for taking the time to respond in such detail about this for me.

love the ui and appreciate all your hard work.
Unread 12-03-2006, 09:03 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
I've already given SOE instructions on how to code their bags so they are completely configurable in-game.
Priceless.
Unread 12-04-2006, 08:57 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Heads Up!

Heads up, now that I've spent some time getting my dedicated Featured Projects area whipped into shape, I'll be phasing this thread out.

It will be far easier to search for answers to your questions if folks start new topics in that area when apropriate (i.e. look for a similar thread first).

I expect to issue a new release this evening. It will probably be the last update notice given in this thread. I will also post a notice in the dedicated area, under a new "Anouncements" thread, which is where all future notices will be posted.
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:11 AM
A Coastal Crab

Default Chat

First of all, yeah, your UI rocks, no one can really say otherwise, even if they use another. It's a heck of a good job.
The one part I am not really enjoying is the chatbar. When I hit return to autochat, unless my mouse is over the chatbar, I am typing underneath the previous line in the chat. Yes, I am a terrible typer, but it makes it harder to look at what I am typing so I am not sending out a line of greek salad. Is this an error of mine installing, can another chat mod be used, or do I have to consider other options. I would really like to stick with this UI.

Thanks,
Brimacombe
Unread 12-05-2006, 11:40 AM
A Coastal Crab

Brimacombe,

I had this problem too with the chatbox, the problem only happen however if you aren't showing the title bar and frame. If you turn those back you will stop typing through a line of chat. Hope that helps.

Shelstar
Unread 12-05-2006, 06:43 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Default Release 8.0!

Version 8.0 is available for download.

READ THE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS!
Improperly upgrading can result in broken features, particularly the Map and Market Favs.

Update notes

Don't forget to rate the download and add it to your favorites if you haven't already.

Note: This thread is being phased out. Please use the Featured Projects/Fetish area.
Unread 12-14-2006, 06:33 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Zonx or anyone is there a different file or one that is able to be made I am able to use for my abilities windows, I find that it is far too crowded when sorting through spells, combat arts and abilities
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:44 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

_basic_eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml (in your Fetish directory) is a copy of the original knowledge book reskined for Fetish. Just replace eq2ui_mainhud_knowlwdge.xml with that one.

Or delete eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml from your Fetish directory and the default book will load.

Or you can install any of the single window knowledge book mods available in the downloads section of this site.

Note: This thread has been retired. Please use the dedicated Fetish forumns linked in the previous post.
Unread 12-21-2006, 04:33 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

the new hotbar settings window doesnt work!! i cant see anything all black and white box no buttons etc....... as oh LU 30
Unread 12-21-2006, 01:45 PM
A Sea Turtle

I think you just have to show the frames now.