EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 09-03-2006, 07:16 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Server: Unrest
Default My ACCEPT QUEST or ACCEPT REWARD windows are partially off-screen

I do use a custom UI, Fetish, but don't think this problem is specific to any one UI. For a few months now, whenever I am offered a new quest (or when I am offered a quest reward) those windows are partially off-screen. The ACCEPT / DECLINE buttons are below the bottom edge of the screen. I have to move the windows up every time to interact with those. I have my interface set not to allow windows off-screen, but these are the only 2 windows that appear off-screen. I have tried LOCKING their position once I have it where I want, but each time it comes up, its always down there. It's finally beginning to wear on my last nerve, lol.

Does anyone know which xml file that setting would be in, maybe I just need to change the x,y coordiantes for that window or something, any tips would be great!

Thanks!
Unread 09-03-2006, 08:49 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Do you go in and out of windowed mode? Doing that changes the physical size of the screen and windowframe ( that all windows are seemed to be ref from).

When I go into windowed mode and back to fullscreen it will push some of my windows partially off screen even though I have it set not to allow this. And its because of what I stated above.
Unread 09-03-2006, 09:17 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

While in game
Press Alt-O to bring up the in game options window
Click "User Interface
Expand "Game Windows"
Unchek the "Allow Windows Offscreen"
Click "Accept"
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default still the same

Still nothing...(err, its still partially off the screen). I do occasionally tab out, but I am not having any problem due to it that I am aware of. And as far as unckecking that option, its already unchecked as if its not supposed to allow it...(and incidentally, each time I click on the window and prepare to drag it, it JUMPS to the next available location so as to not leave any off-screen.

I think I just need to reset the positioning, and I am not sure which XML to check in
Unread 09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

the xml positioning is only used for the initial window load. (First time you load the UI)
Once you move the window, "most" new coordinates are saved in the window placements file.

My next guess would be yours is either corrupt or flagged as read only.

I am correct with assuming you've tried moving the window where you want it then log out and back in to see if the new position held?
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
Unread 09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
A Darkpaw Brute

Default cascading?

Yes I have tried moving, locking, and each time it appears, its where it was before.

I think I know maybe how this happened, or at least how it got where it is...but I just don't know how to fix it...

Back in the day, you used to be able to have multiple ACCEPT QUEST windows open... each time a new one opened, it cascaded down and to the right a little... well I guess my last newly opened window was down there... normally, it would then start the next one up in the upper left where its supposed to be, but since you can't have multiple ACCEPT QUEST windows open, there will never be a "next" one... so whatever file in eq keeps that window placement setting, if I could find it I'd love to either edit or delete it...
Unread 02-23-2008, 10:54 AM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faetyl View Post
"most" new coordinates are saved in the window placements file.
where is that file? im kinda stuck with the same effect of beeing unable to change the location where my reward windows (quest / xmute) pop up
Unread 02-23-2008, 11:29 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

This has been an issue for about 2 years now and I've bugged it several times, as well as several of my friends and guildies bugging it as well.

This is very similar to how the game decides where it will pop-up the next examine window. It's just not something that we can seemingly control.

Also, the "allow windows off-screen" option doesn't seem to apply for these windows for some reason.

Hopefully someone at SOE will get around to looking into this but I have come to learn to live with it by now.
Unread 02-24-2008, 11:40 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
where is that file?
The windows placement file is in the base EQ2 directory (<SERVER>_<CHARACTER>_eq2_uisettings.ini).

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 02-25-2008, 12:08 AM
A Weald Wolf

great... no plaintext file... gdi
Unread 02-25-2008, 01:40 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Try making a new character, placing all the windows how you have them now, saving the ui configuration

/save_uisettings

And then loading them on your normal toon:

/load_uisettings

Otherwise, it's back to default and starting over I guess, with a new file.