EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > DDS/Graphics Modification Help & Info

Unread 03-10-2005, 11:10 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Text Displays on Screen (Notes)

ListBox Display Wierdness.

Data:
Type: text
Name: DataItem2
Text: Shake First!
Value: shakefist

Problem: Shake Fist! displays Shake

Test:

S hake Fist! displays S hake
Sh ake Fist! displays Sh ake
Sha ke Fist! displays Sha ke
Shak e Fist! displays Shak e

Shake Fist! displays Shake
ShakeFist! displays ShakeFist
ShakeF ist! displays ShakeF
ShakeFi st! displays ShakeFi
ShakeFis t! displays ShakeFis
ShakeFist ! displays ShakeFist

Basically it looks like if the word is going to 'wrap' the entire thing gets truncated. A noraml text type editor would kick this down to the next line in this case, but looks like EQ2 just clips the entire word.

So be careful with tables and listboxes and list, because if your last word goes past the boundary of the list box, the whole word gets clipped.

In this example this was controlled my my list template.
eq2ui_emotelist_template.xml

With NO other changes except for this number. It changed the display from (Shake) to (Shake Fist!)

Displays (Shake)
Quote:
<Text Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15" LocalText="$text$" Name="New Text" ScrollExtent="67,15" Size="67,15" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">$text$</Text>
Displays (Shake Fist!)
Quote:
<Text Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15" LocalText="$text$" Name="New Text" ScrollExtent="73,15" Size="73,15" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">$text$</Text>
67 to 73 displayes the whole phrase. (I.E. Added the 6, which there is turns out to be 6 characters. SPACE-F-I-S-T-!

So, if it cannot display the entire word, it will clip the entire word.

In this case the size set in my template was the culprit.
Not. trying to find the correct (Space) code character.
Unread 03-10-2005, 02:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Well that makes sense, if it was a long paragraph, you wouldn't want it to chop words in half.
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:45 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Well that makes sense, if it was a long paragraph, you wouldn't want it to chop words in half.
Yes, I understand why it works the way it doesn. Just being a newbie to this stuff and all it was a bit troublesome. I though it was a problemw with not using the correct 'space' character. But it turned out to be the template size.

So no biggie now that I know I just thought I would share the information.
Unread 03-15-2005, 06:02 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

FYI, so far I've found no down-side to haveing extreamly large templates. Height and width of the template gets cropped by the size setting of the control's style and the control itself. Scrolling only becomes an issue if the displayed text exceeds the control's dimentions.

OTOH, templates that are to small will produce some odd results, like dead space between a dropdown list and its scrollbar.

Oh, also found it usefull to pad the left side of templates with a few pixels of dead space to keep populated text from bumping into surounding borders.
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx
FYI, so far I've found no down-side to haveing extreamly large templates. Height and width of the template gets cropped by the size setting of the control's style and the control itself. Scrolling only becomes an issue if the displayed text exceeds the control's dimentions.

OTOH, templates that are to small will produce some odd results, like dead space between a dropdown list and its scrollbar.

Oh, also found it usefull to pad the left side of templates with a few pixels of dead space to keep populated text from bumping into surounding borders.

Ah! Thanks that's good to know. I'll do that next time.