EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 08-20-2007, 01:20 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Potion Curing in ProfitUI Reborn

This doesn't work for me, and I'm assuming from the data in the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file that the potion being referenced is generic in nature. I have mastercrafted T6 Arcane cures(Masters Arcane Remedy) that I need to configure.

I'm assuming this number in this line needs to be changed to one that fits the description of the Masters Arcane Remedy <Data Name="CureArcane" potionvdl="-1940923547" spell="Cure Arcane"/>

I may be completely wrong though, but if I'm not, how do I find out what the number is to enter in this coded area?

Please Help,

Pereign
Unread 08-20-2007, 07:51 PM
A Brown Bear

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="Cures">
<Data Name="CureTrauma" potionvdl="-1126736947" spell="Cure Trauma"/>
<Data Name="CureArcane" potionvdl="-569252760" spell="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="CureNoxious" potionvdl="1586543327" spell="Cure Noxious"/>
<Data Name="CureElemental" potionvdl="-1018033522" spell="Cure Elemental"/>
</Page>

mine, master cures, works uber.
Unread 08-21-2007, 02:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Same Question

I have the same quesion about T3 potion cures. How do I findthe appropriate ID # for the different tie potions?
Unread 08-21-2007, 10:24 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

I had the same problem. I also looked at it and have a sneaking suspicion that if a cure is down when the button's clicked it'll burn a potion instead of (or in addition to) queueing the cure. I just removed the "use item" portion of the click-to-cure code, which seems to eliminate both issues.
Unread 08-22-2007, 02:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

See this new FAQ entry for how to configure the potions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I also looked at it and have a sneaking suspicion that if a cure is down when the button's clicked it'll burn a potion instead of (or in addition to) queueing the cure. I just removed the "use item" portion of the click-to-cure code, which seems to eliminate both issues.
It will burn a potion even if the cure is up. I made it so since the only scenario I could come up with where you would consider using a potion on a char that also has the spell is if you did not have enough power to cast the spell but needed a cure ASAP. I did not think this a likely scenario.

Apparently you have other situations where to use potions instead of spells, if you give me some detail on that maybe I can come up with a better implementation (probably not though, I cannot check from the UI whether the spell cast or not).
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
It will burn a potion even if the cure is up. I made it so since the only scenario I could come up with where you would consider using a potion on a char that also has the spell is if you did not have enough power to cast the spell but needed a cure ASAP. I did not think this a likely scenario.
Aha. Yes, that makes sense. The situation we had was where the healer or mage either had potions as quest reward items or was carrying them to hand over to other characters later. The big motivation, though, was just the healer getting spammed with the "item does not exist or is not in inventory" message during fights. I don't think there's a way to make it conditional (ie., use item only if spell doesn't fire) so I don't think there's a better implementation. A macro might be able to do it, but UIs can't create in-client macros on-the-fly. I'll just remember to edit the UI for the appropriate people.
Unread 08-23-2007, 03:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I was going to add a flag to the config file with which to disable potion curing anyway. Probably makes sense to do that on a per-cure and per-subclass basis as well (i.e. mages get potions for everything but arcane, etc.).
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:02 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalz View Post
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page Name="Cures">
<Data Name="CureTrauma" potionvdl="-1126736947" spell="Cure Trauma"/>
<Data Name="CureArcane" potionvdl="-569252760" spell="Cure Arcane"/>
<Data Name="CureNoxious" potionvdl="1586543327" spell="Cure Noxious"/>
<Data Name="CureElemental" potionvdl="-1018033522" spell="Cure Elemental"/>
</Page>

mine, master cures, works uber.
How did you find out what numbers correspond to what potion cures? I'm assuming this coding is for pure t7 Mastercrafted. I'm looking to make use of the Arcane cure using a t6 Mastercrafted Arcane potion.

thanks,

Pereign
Unread 08-28-2007, 03:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereign View Post
How did you find out what numbers correspond to what potion cures? I'm assuming this coding is for pure t7 Mastercrafted. I'm looking to make use of the Arcane cure using a t6 Mastercrafted Arcane potion.

thanks,

Pereign
I just tested what primalz posted, the coding, it seems to trigger my t6 mastercrafted Cure Arcane, as well as my T7 mastercrafted Cure Trauma potions.

I'm still curious how you got the numbers though, please answer

Pereign
Unread 08-28-2007, 07:24 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

You can just look up the item ID number on a web site like eq2idb.com or eq2llinks.com. The first number is the one you want.

http://www.eq2idb.com/item_details.p...U2OTI1Mjc2MA==
http://www.eq2llinks.com/item.php?id=-569252760

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 08-28-2007, 12:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well as I said above:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
See this new FAQ entry for how to configure the potions.
Unread 08-29-2007, 05:28 AM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereign View Post
I just tested what primalz posted, the coding, it seems to trigger my t6 mastercrafted Cure Arcane, as well as my T7 mastercrafted Cure Trauma potions.

I'm still curious how you got the numbers though, please answer

Pereign
i linked em in a channel and grabbed the info from my logfile. it's probably what gm9's faq says to do, i forget ;0 those are for t6/master, id never tried w/ t7 (dont need to use em+cheaper=win).
Unread 08-29-2007, 03:07 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks gm9 and primaz for posting. It's great having this capability, especially in Mayong raids

Thanks for your Time,

Pereign
Unread 10-02-2007, 05:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

bumping this for quick reference =) The autoupdater resets this file to use GM cures, which nobody uses unless they want to waste $. =)
Unread 10-02-2007, 06:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you prefer other cures preconfigured just let me know, I don't mind. And check the FAQ for how to exclude files from being overwritten.
Closed Thread