EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 04-03-2005, 11:39 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Neriak
Default Something good to read and remember when you play ANY MMORPG

Lately I was just having old EQ1 nostalgia and clicking on several old links I had on my EQ1 links folder. I found this place, about a healer that enjoys the Everquest experience. His tips on how to play and enjoy EQ1 work well for ANY MMORPG. I hope this helps some people, specially due to the staggering amount of negative posts I see everyday on EQ2's Threads.

http://loralciriclight.com/001076.html

His basic tips, while simple, ring true

Good gaming to you all people

Last edited by bachaco : 04-03-2005 at 11:48 AM.
Unread 04-03-2005, 01:26 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Antonia Bayle

This reminded me of some of the fun things I used to do in Everquest. My wizard hated corruption. In Qeynos some of the guards were corrupt. As I started killing them and lowered my faction it became easy to spot them as they were all KOS. It made moving around in the city interesting. One of the Bayles at the Q.Hills gate was on this faction and would kill me very quickly.

I then began trying to rid Freeport of the corrupt militia. This was much harder. Some of the guards near the inns on the oasis side were immune to snares and roots which made them next to impossible for a wizard to kill.

Basic point is I found ways to make playing interesting. I would go into a low level dungeon like the warrens and tag dozens of mobs and aoe them all down to see how many I could kill at once.
Unread 04-03-2005, 02:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

Pretty cool. But I disagree with the Roleplaying thing. You can have tons of fun without it, and maybe a pinch of it here and there is a good thing.