Closed Thread
Unread 11-21-2008, 06:51 PM
A man among men
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nagafen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jida View Post
It updates on EVERY bubble, should only be the ones with no border.

I guess you already knew that.
Yeah. Like I said, I still haven't done the ShadowStyle and I'm not exactly sure how to code it properly. I haven't had much time to whip up a code or try one for it, but once that is done it should be fully functional.

Which ShadowStyles does it cycle between?

Quote:
I have more features to make it a little more complex once you get it functional
How so?

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 06:56 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragowulf View Post
How so?
Make it so if the delays are synced, only give one bar in stead of 2.

Make the box sizable.

Link the progress bar for combat arts with the auto attack bar (or make it dock able like the in game voice chat box).

... Other than that, its looking VERY VERY good and much easier to use than what i was originally thinking.

and how the hell do you know which weapon hit. Now that i think about it, you can only give one bar regardless of secondary delay. Because you can't time both weapons if you don't know when they are going to hit.

So the 2 restrictions are, only your own combat bubbles can be one, and your weapon delays should sync, or it will use the primary weapon delay.... I guess.

Last edited by Jida : 11-21-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:09 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Make it so if the delays are synced, only give one bar in stead of 2.
Hmm. I'm not sure if I can do that. I can make a variant to only show Primary though.

I might be able to do it though. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
Make the box sizable.
If you want to be able to change the size of the bars, I think that's a no can do. The way the code calculates the delay and counts it, it uses the size. If the size were to be changed, the bar would be off synch. I could also make a variant for smaller bars easily.

I might be able to allow resizing by changing the OnPress of the bar's Size, which would update on attack. Any thoughts for other coders?

Quote:
Link the progress bar for combat arts with the auto attack bar (or make it dock able like the in game voice chat box).
What?????

Quote:
... Other than that, its looking VERY VERY good and much easier to use than what i was originally thinking.
Yes. It is.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:13 PM
A man among men

Quote:
and how the hell do you know which weapon hit. Now that i think about it, you can only give one bar regardless of secondary delay. Because you can't time both weapons if you don't know when they are going to hit.

So the 2 restrictions are, only your own combat bubbles can be one, and your weapon delays should sync, or it will use the primary weapon delay.... I guess.
I'm pretty sure both initiate at the same time when you first start an auto attack. But I might have to remove the secondary bar.

How did Raz do it????
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:17 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
Missed this one... I have no idea.. i have a screenshot though.

Resizing the bar isn't that big of a deal, so 86 that idea.

The combat art/ spell progress bar should be the same window as the auto attack window, or be docked (as in lock them together).. Also, not a big deal and i can work around it with a few moves.

The big thing, is weapons that use separate delays are not supported by the interface. Even though it seems to be supported by viewing the code you showed.

1747 = auto attack style.
one with the white / black outline = combat arts / procs.

Far as i know.

Last edited by Jida : 11-21-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:28 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Resizing the bar isn't that big of a deal, so 86 that idea.
It's not a big deal to resize the bar, but the bar calculates how fast it needs to be based on the size. The size is preset to the OnPress code. I might be able to make it resizeable by letting it change the OnPress function, but lets leave this for later because there's still more important issues.

Quote:
The combat art/ spell progress bar should be the same window as the auto attack window, or be docked (as in lock them together).. Also, not a big deal and i can work around it with a few moves.
Yeah I was thinking the same. It should be one window. That shouldn't be too difficult.

Quote:
The big thing, is weapons that use separate delays are not supported by the interface. Even though it seems to be supported by viewing the code you showed.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The secondary weapon delay *and primary/ranged delay* is given through dynamicdata, which I used to calculate the speed of the bar.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:33 PM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The secondary weapon delay *and primary/ranged delay* is given through dynamicdata, which I used to calculate the speed of the bar.
in my screenshot above you show 2 bars.

If the primary weapon has a hasted delay of 4 seconds. and the secondary weapons has a hasted delay of 3.5 seconds. How do you know what attack is the primary weapon, and what attack the the secondary weapon?

The point is, you don't. nobody has a clue on what weapon hit.

Therefore there can only be 1 auto attack progress bar, and it should use the primary weapon for now, and be configurable later so a person can choose.
Unread 11-21-2008, 07:39 PM
A man among men

Quote:
in my screenshot above you show 2 bars.

If the primary weapon has a hasted delay of 4 seconds. and the secondary weapons has a hasted delay of 3.5 seconds. How do you know what attack is the primary weapon, and what attack the the secondary weapon?

The point is, you don't. nobody has a clue on what weapon hit.

Therefore there can only be 1 auto attack progress bar, and it should use the primary weapon for now, and be configurable later so a person can choose.
Ahh. I never saw the screenshot, replied too fast. I didn't know what you meant, but we're on the same page now. I will probably take the secondary page off.

What about double attack, flurry, etc, etc???

Dumb test? Thanks

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:13 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Since I just went in game to take a screenshot for Rothgar I quickly tested this, the auto attack bubbles use

/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1

However, this is also used when you take auto-attack damage, so you need to also filter by color after all.
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM
A man among men

Combat arts use the same ShadowStyle, but it's white...correct?

Also how would I format the code? I know it would have to be along these lines: If "ShadowStyle" == "/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1"{Activated=true};

Sorry I've never done a string comparison as such. <-newb
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

CAs use a different ShadowStyle (SpellAttack...something, didn't write it down).

OnShow code on the bubble to trigger only upon the AA ShadowStyle could be like this:
Parent.Parent.AutoAttackTimer.Trigger.Activated=(LowerText.ShadowStyle=='/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1')
Only you couldn't trigger the timer directly but would trigger a second comparison that checks the color here, and only then triggers the timer.
Unread 11-21-2008, 08:33 PM
A man among men

SEE BOTTOM OF POST

----

I would assume that it is /ShadowStyles.Outline.SpellAttack.Outline1

But it can be any of these:
Code:
        <Namespace Name="SpellAttack">
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline1" NextShadowStyle="Outline1_2" Offset="0,-2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline1_2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2" Offset="1,-2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline2" NextShadowStyle="Outline2_3" Offset="2,-2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline2_3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3" Offset="2,-1" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline3" NextShadowStyle="Outline3_4" Offset="2,0" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline3_4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4" Offset="2,1" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline4" NextShadowStyle="Outline4_5" Offset="2,2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline4_5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5" Offset="1,2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline5" NextShadowStyle="Outline5_6" Offset="0,2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline5_6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6" Offset="-1,2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline6" NextShadowStyle="Outline6_7" Offset="-2,2" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline6_7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7" Offset="-2,1" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline7" NextShadowStyle="Outline7_8" Offset="-2,0" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline7_8" NextShadowStyle="Outline8" Offset="-2,-1" Opacity="0.300" />
            <ShadowStyle Color="#64C8FF" Name="Outline8" NextShadowStyle="BlackOutline1" Offset="-2,-2" Opacity="0.300" />
        </Namespace>
So this is what we got so far:

AutoAttack:
ShadowStyle=/ShadowStyles.Outline.BlackOutline1
Color=????
AutoAttack Crit:
ShadowStyle=????
Color=????

CA/Spells:
ShadowStyle='/ShadowStyles.Outline.SpellAttack.Outline1'
Color=????
CA/Spells Crit:
ShadowStyle=????
Color=????

AA:
ShadowStyle=????
Color=????
AA Crit:
ShadowStyle=????
Color=????

Do we need any more/less than that?

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

not sure why you need CA/Spell/AA styles at all?
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:32 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
not sure why you need CA/Spell/AA styles at all?
Tell me if I'm wrong. When you are in a middle of an autoattack and cast a spell/ca/aa, the auto attack delays progress until the spell/ca/aa's casting finishes. If I'm wrong, does the ca consume the auto attack, or does the auto attack keep going without the delay?

If I am right...I think I could delay the bar whenever a CA/Spell/AA is used, and then when the Casting finishes, I can make the bar continue and then finish.

You think that's possible???

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
A Berserk Golem

Trust me, just make it start the timer when you see the bubble and stop when the timer is up.. it will automagiclly refresh when you connect with the mob.
Unread 11-21-2008, 09:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As far as I am aware a CA is neutral on the auto-attack timer but you cannot auto-attack while you are casting, i.e. only in the latter case there will be a delay.

So if you wanted to delay the timer in that how would you know by which amount? I'd say just let it count down to 0 normally and sit there until the next trigger. But we already discussed that a couple of days ago.
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:13 PM
A man among men

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
As far as I am aware a CA is neutral on the auto-attack timer but you cannot auto-attack while you are casting, i.e. only in the latter case there will be a delay.

So if you wanted to delay the timer in that how would you know by which amount? I'd say just let it count down to 0 normally and sit there until the next trigger. But we already discussed that a couple of days ago.
Well you wouldn't need to know the amount because you could set the Casting's OnShow to make the Speed of the autoattack Effector 0 (which would stop the bar from moving), and then the Casting's OnHide would make the bar continue and finish by making the Speed of the autoattack Effector what it previously was.

It's like pausing a movie and then playing it again.
Unread 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
A man among men

So in that case I really wouldn't need to know Color/ShadowStyle of CA/Spell/AA

Oh and watch Razieh's video, there must be some way he did secondary.

Last edited by dragowulf : 11-21-2008 at 11:06 PM.
Unread 11-21-2008, 11:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Well you wouldn't need to know the amount because you could set the Casting's OnShow to make the Speed of the autoattack Effector 0 (which would stop the bar from moving), and then the Casting's OnHide would make the bar continue and finish by making the Speed of the autoattack Effector what it previously was.
oh ok, I thought you wanted to recalculate the remaining time, but just pausing it is easier. Nice.
Unread 11-21-2008, 11:49 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
He triggers it at the same time as primary, that's all you see there. It never restarts.

But to give you a hand here's the entire logic tree as I would do it OnShow of a CombatBubble with the correct ShadowStyle and colors:

Code:
if (RangedAutoAttack) {
	start ranged bar;
} else {
	if (SecondaryDelay) {
		if (PrimaryBar.Position == SecondaryBar.Position) {
			trigger PrimaryBar;
			trigger SecondaryBar;
		}elseif (PrimaryBar.Position < SecondaryBar.Position) {
			trigger PrimaryBar;
		}else{
			trigger SecondaryBar;
		}
	}else{
		trigger PrimaryBar;
	}
}
That way you will only ever start a bar based on a combat bubble showing, and when dual wielding you will always trigger the bar which is closest to zero, i.e. even given the variance the only reasonable candidate for the next auto-attack.
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:03 AM
A man among men

I spent so much time trying to get it to pause, and when I log in game I get the 6025 error. I used the /GameData.Spells.Casting dynamic data. It does the same thing as the auto attack and crashes me. I can only conclude that pausing it is not possible to pause the timer.
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:15 AM
A Berserk Golem

If your trying to get it to pause, your missing the point.

Just have it start when it sees the right combat bubble.

Trust me, that's the way to go.
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:37 AM
A man among men

Lol. I starting it now.
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
A Berserk Golem

Quote:
So in that case I really wouldn't need to know Color/ShadowStyle of CA/Spell/AA

The top bar in that is the actual auto attack timer that your creating

The bottom bar is the progress bar for each combat art he is casting.

they are linked together one on top of the other.

That is the feature i asked about earlier

and for the record, you cant dual wield while wearing a shield :|
Unread 11-22-2008, 01:51 AM
A Dervish Cutthroat

Server: Antonia Bayle

The bottom bar isn't the combat art bar, its his secondary weapon bar. It has a longer delay than his primary weapon so it counts down slower. He swaps to his shield a few seconds into the video and the bottom bar goes away.
Closed Thread