EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 08-16-2007, 03:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Also, as an FYI, the issue appears to be in eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml.
Unread 08-16-2007, 03:46 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cilraaz View Post
Also, as an FYI, the issue appears to be in eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml.
Right, just delete that file while waiting for the fix.
Unread 08-16-2007, 04:24 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Right, just delete that file while waiting for the fix.
Already done. Just figured knowing where to start would be better.
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default 3.8.2

3.8.2 is now up, containing the new mail window as of todays patch, fixed weblinks to eq2i to reflect the new site, and the 2 new windows sony added.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:27 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Butcherblock

wow! that was Fast Ranot!!!
Thanks!!
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:46 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Woah!!!
when I click on a mailbox it exits the game!! and pronto!!??
can you check this out por favor??
Unread 08-17-2007, 12:08 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericb45696 View Post
when I click on a mailbox it exits the game!! and pronto!!??
That's a feature. You didn't watch the movie The Matrix, did you?! (j/k)
Unread 08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Yeah Mail clicky goes buhbye as well ..

I just loaded up the 3.8.2 and when I click on the mail box it goes droppy drop LOL .. anyway just a heads up .. looks like a great mod though

Lata
Unread 08-17-2007, 11:40 PM
A Griffon

Default 3.8.3

Well i could say it was on purpose... crash eq2 so you don't have to read all that spam mail in your mailbox.... but really it was an accident :P and it's fixed now.
Unread 08-18-2007, 11:03 AM
A Grizzled Badger

woot! thanks.
Unread 08-19-2007, 11:22 AM
A Grizzled Badger

lockout timer thingy not working
Unread 08-20-2007, 09:06 AM
A Griffon

oi... wish there was a list of all the things they changed in that small patch...
lockout timer window fixed, along with a couple other smaller bugs that were unnoticed.
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:15 AM
A Grizzled Badger

no doubt. I wish I knew how to update these things as well on my own. oh well.
hey. any chance the info center could be updated? it still links to eq2i ?
Unread 08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

I read the Patch Log in the Everquest II directory for that day (unfortunately I didn't save it) and it seemed outside of LoN the only big changes were to the 2 following files:

eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_zonereuse.xml

Removing these 2 files from the Custom UI directory will allow for use of these windows until an updated custom version can be made available.

Also, in order to update my EQ2i links for the Examine, Quest Journal, Quest Helper, & InfoCenter windows I simply opened those windows via Notepad and searched for EQ2i. Once I found the 1 line reference I just replaced the search string to read:

OnPress="URLString='http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search='

Lastly, if you want to include the LoN content just read the Top Headline from the front page for a quick fix.

Last edited by FloridaFringe : 08-22-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:00 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureMystery View Post
This is the first time I've used this mod, so maybe I screwed something up. None of the non-standard (infocenter) tabs are showing up in the Quest Journal window.

Any ideas?
the info center isn't in the quest journal, to get the info center you need to bring up the expanded EQ menu button (alt+~ twice usually) and there is a button there to open it.
Unread 08-22-2007, 11:01 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFringe View Post
I read the Patch Log in the Everquest II directory for that day (unfortunately I didn't save it) and it seemed outside of LoN the only big changes were to the 2 following files:

eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_zonereuse.xml

Removing these 2 files from the Custom UI directory will allow for use of these windows until an updated custom version can be made available.

Also, in order to update my EQ2i links for the Examine, Quest Journal, Quest Helper, & InfoCenter windows I simply opened those windows via Notepad and searched for EQ2i. Once I found the 1 line reference I just replaced the search string to read:

OnPress="URLString='http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search='

Lastly, if you want to include the LoN content just read the Top Headline from the front page for a quick fix.
All of those are already fixed in Vert 3.8.4, i'll fix EQ2i links in the info center for next release.

Last edited by Ranot : 08-22-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Unread 08-22-2007, 08:54 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default favor

Having troubles with the altar, doesnt show how much favor an item is worth before offering it any help here?
Unread 08-29-2007, 11:57 PM
A Griffon

so, folks might be wondering why the delay in the new version that contains the few minor bugs pointed out.... thought i might pop in and explain the reason.

I'm revamping every window, as you have probably noticed there is a huge variance through out the interface of what some buttons look like, what some check boxes look like etc... so i'm going one by one through each piece of the interface and standardizing it...

what does this mean? well it pretty much means if there is any major changes in the look and feel of the UI, now is the time to speak up... if you stay silent, you have nothing to complain about when the new release comes out.
Unread 08-30-2007, 12:46 AM
A Griffon

Without adding additional mods to the base Vert Install:

I would suggest making the scrollbars you are currently using work with both the

Style="/ScrollStyles.default_vscroll"
and the commonly used
Style="/CommonElements.ScrollbarVertical.data.style"

And on the topic of scrollbars please check to ensure all scrollbars work, as I have noticed a few windows that do not (friends list for instance)

You might also want to look into the window_pieces and windowelements coloring scheme of Profit UI's black skin, as that works perfectly with Vert, and give a darker look.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Vert native statbar like the bottombar of Profit UI. (I spent a while and figured out how to get the bar to work in Vert, and can send you the files I have if you want to look at them).

Please keep in mind, these are not gripes, just suggestions, as I love the base look of Vert, and only add mods for functionality over Vert.
Unread 09-09-2007, 03:47 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I wouldnt mind seeing the raid group window getting a little make over. something with a little simple more polished look w/o the 4 different color boxes.
Unread 09-10-2007, 06:53 PM
A Griffon

Well the change over is complete, along with a few additions i'll go into when i post the new version, just waiting for GU38 on sept 12th to add those changes in... everything you two mentioned was taken into count, raid window is vert looking, and i ensured all scroll bars work.. the stat bar I could do one, but looking at what is in it, all the same info is already inside the player stats tab section of the pet window, so it wasn't a priority to have finished by 4.0
Unread 09-10-2007, 08:43 PM
A Griffon

Well after thinking about it, i'll spill what the change was, since I need input on what style you would prefer....

As promised earlier I finally implemented Click to Cure, but i've done it a bit diffrently then the rest... mine are all using the do_file_commands so you can setup the buttons in the macro directory to do whatever you want, whenever you want, without restarting eq2... the upside is you can make any macro you want for each button, to use at anytime... the downside is since i don't use the useabilityonplayer you loose your target...

I was thinking about it long and hard and decided to go this route for the ease of use for the end user, instead of needing to edit xml files and hoping it works, or trying several spells you might not even have.

Currently there is 5 buttons in the group window (one if you click on the player name, one for each effect) and 1 button in the raid window (clicking on the players level).. I might scratch where it is in the raid menu and add 3 buttons to the left of the players name... but what i want is comments, idea's, and suggestions about what would make this new addition the most useful for you... would you like to see tradeskill click to remove buttons in that window ... would you prefer useabilityonplayer .. would you prefer more buttons in raid.. or is this all pointless and a waste of my time

Last edited by Ranot : 09-10-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Unread 09-11-2007, 02:16 AM
A Griffon

Can't really comment on the click to cure stuff, as I play an Assassin. However I did notice the info from the stat bar in the pet window tab, however the pet window takes up more space, pushing more big items to either overlap or to the center screen.

The main reason I suggested something akin to ProfitUI's stat bar is because it is about 10-20 pixels high (rough estimate) and spams the bottom of your game window (and is made in three different resolutions I believe). It lists everything you need (actual stats, resists, mid, crits, avoid, DPS, haste, etc)

Also, is it possible to get all ingame windows that have or could conceivably use a scrollbar (IE the friends window and others (claim/reward) to use the default scrollbar of the UI (the sleek looking black one)
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:40 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbelyn View Post
Can't really comment on the click to cure stuff, as I play an Assassin. However I did notice the info from the stat bar in the pet window tab, however the pet window takes up more space, pushing more big items to either overlap or to the center screen.

The main reason I suggested something akin to ProfitUI's stat bar is because it is about 10-20 pixels high (rough estimate) and spams the bottom of your game window (and is made in three different resolutions I believe). It lists everything you need (actual stats, resists, mid, crits, avoid, DPS, haste, etc)

Also, is it possible to get all ingame windows that have or could conceivably use a scrollbar (IE the friends window and others (claim/reward) to use the default scrollbar of the UI (the sleek looking black one)
guess the space it takes up is really resolution dependent.. if many people want a stat bar i'll add it... even as an assassin you can use the click to cure buttons, it's part of why i did it with the macro text files, you can setup the raid, or 1 group button to be whatever group or player buff you might have.

as for the scrollbar part, every scroll bar everywhere is the black one
Unread 09-11-2007, 04:52 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranot View Post
guess the space it takes up is really resolution dependent.. if many people want a stat bar i'll add it... even as an assassin you can use the click to cure buttons, it's part of why i did it with the macro text files, you can setup the raid, or 1 group button to be whatever group or player buff you might have.

as for the scrollbar part, every scroll bar everywhere is the black one
The statbar isn't a huge thing for me, I can just work with the one I got from ProfitUI, or if it changes take the updated one and rework it again for the update.

On the Click to Cure, nice, it does make it more useful to other classes that way =)

Yay, I won't have to try to figure out all the windows for scrollbars, I know it wasn't too bad on the claim window and such, but some of those files huge in terms of lines of text, and I really don't know XML, just go off of what seems to be right, and trial and error.

Thanks for your work on all of Vert, I love the setup and it takes me days of trial and error to find something else when I have to change UIs due to lack of updates for GUs and such =)