EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-28-2005, 08:47 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

I will continue to work on this script, although I recently quit playing EverQuest 2 for various reasons (chief among them the horrific customer service of SOE)

I may eventually come back to the game, but for right now I am unhappy with the direction it is headed. There was a reason I quit EQ1 and started playing EQ2. It wasn't so I could play EQ1 with a better engine...
Unread 02-28-2005, 12:35 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Database

What needs to be done to setup the database to cache the data? I have a MySQL database on my server and MyPhpAdmin installed, also, you make mention of using the HTACCESS to get around the image file problem, and said information about it would be in the readme.txt. I just downloaded version 0.07 and saw no reference.
Unread 02-28-2005, 01:57 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Strange. I think they have good CS.
Unread 03-01-2005, 08:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default getting an error.

Anyone knows why i'm getting this error?

I'm using the 0.07 version, and want to use with Db features, but i' ve got this error.

I think all imputs on config.php are right, but ...

Quote:
9:You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ENGINE=MyISAM' at line 1
This is the error i get when browse to image.php?cid=262808208
my knows on php and mysql is very very low.

Any help?
Unread 03-01-2005, 09:16 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

I made no reference to providing the HTACCESS information in the readme. I simply stated you could ask about how to do something like that in the forums. Drumstix may be the better person to answer that, since that is how his is currently working.

As for the MySQL error, I am not sure why you would be getting a syntax error in a script that I am absolutely sure works for me. What version of MySQL are you running, and PHP? It is possible that you have older version of one or the other, or both. The syntax required by MySQL may be different in versions previous to 4.0
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default php version!

PHP version running on my host is 4.3.8

my php info

And MySQL is 4.0.16

Andy phpMyAdmin is 2.5.4

could this information help you guys to help me in this error reported?

Thx you at all.
Unread 03-01-2005, 10:27 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default Sytanx erro

I am getting the same syntax error on mine, I was wondering if there were specific database tables that needed to be created for the script to run correctly.

And I mentioned the HTAccess help reference because in post #58 you said...

Quote:
Coming Up (New Features in next version) --------------------------
- ability to set the img type to gif, jpg, or png from within the template for each background
- ability to set signature display to simple, normal, or enhanced
(simple would only have name, rank, and guild which can be used as a small img in a group of images for multiple alts)
(normal is what you see now)
(enhanced would be longer and have stats such as stamina, health, etc...)
- ability to secure the script to only be usable by members of a specific guild (your guild) or only a specific player id (you) so that no one else can use your script (be aware the database version will be multi-user capable without consequences, except for maybe bandwidth and database usage)
- ability to define in the config whether to use a database or not. If you say yes, it will automatically create a table based on the data you provide in the config file. It will store player info and guild info in tables for a basic caching functionality. A setting in the config determines the timeout before it gets new data and updates the database (basically a TTL). Each db entry is timestamped so that it can be updated on this schedule... (default timeout will be 4 hours)
- possibly a roster page that displays all members of a given guild. Would use the same database (or none if database is set to false) for caching player data.
- a better readme with version history
- instruction in the readme on how to use tinyurl.com or HTACCESS depending on which you are able to do...
- GD fonts included and configurable in the background templates
But help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

BTW Awesom job on the script, it works great so far.

Last edited by taliesan : 03-01-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:12 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ctavius
- instruction in the readme on how to use tinyurl.com or HTACCESS depending on which you are able to do...
meaning:
instructions for the tinyurl.com....
but if you know how to do HTACCESS, you can do that.

Anyhow, I was the the one that mentioned I use HTACCESS.

-I put my pid inside the file, and save the file as just .php
-Rename the extension to .gif
-create .HTACCESS file in the same directory as file
-then I paste thie code into the HTACCESS file:

Code:
<FilesMatch eq2sig.gif>
SetHandler application/x-httpd-php
</FilesMatch>
replacing eq2sig.gif with the name/location of your image file.

Then I call on my .gif file (which was once a php file) and there ya go...
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:17 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok thanks for clearing that up and thanks for the HTACCESS info
Unread 03-01-2005, 12:20 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I believe the MySQL error, is something about permissions, Im looking into whats causing mine now, ill post what it was when I do.

Ok... fixed my layout error. I had changed the image type identifier at the bottom of the theme to gif instead of png so was confusing the image generator i think. Once i realized that and changed it back to PNG i can put the text anywhere.

Last edited by taliesan : 03-01-2005 at 04:07 PM.
Unread 03-01-2005, 01:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Text that doesn't show in the image has never ever caused an error for me, like.. you can make text so it shows half on the image and half off.

It must be something else methinks. But I'm not sure what. I don't hassle with templates and stuff. I keep it more basic all in 1 or 2 files
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Well found out my host was using a 2.x version of PHP, and 3.x version of Perl, trying to get him to update those to see if the problem is resolved.
Unread 03-02-2005, 03:57 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

I wrote my own. Based on my web cache, a few others have started using it as well.
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:02 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Alright, well I may not be able to get the version of MySQL updated. Is there anyone who could help me set Octavius's script to cache the images on an hourly or daily or whatever basis if the database isnt being used?
Unread 03-03-2005, 02:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

With Octavious's script you don't have to do DB cache, but it will parse the EQ2players page each time it loads, which is yes, slower, but not too bad unless the page is under heavy load.
Unread 03-03-2005, 03:22 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok.. I gave up on caching, and figured out what my problem with the database was.. It didnt like me defining the Engine.

By Changing This:
,PRIMARY KEY(`id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM;";

To This:
,PRIMARY KEY(`id`));";

The problem was resolved.

Last edited by taliesan : 03-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Unread 03-03-2005, 05:41 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Ok... New issue.. wierd one too.

Whenever my sig generates, it appears like this.

Notice that there is a " Server" after the name Antonia Bayle. And that after Guild Level there is no ":"

Here is my image.php file that I link to when making the image.. I have removed all instances of " Server" and placed a ":" after all instances of Guild Level.

Help?

Code:
<?php
ob_start("ob_gzhandler");
require("includes/config.php");
require("includes/global.php");
$pid = get_var($HTTP_GET_VARS['cid'], "pid");
$surname = get_var($HTTP_GET_VARS['sn'], "surname");
$mode = get_var($HTTP_GET_VARS['m'], "mode");
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------// get and update player data
if ($usedb != TRUE) {
	$phtml = get_html($pid, "player"); $phtml[0] = $pid; $check_gid = get_var($phtml[25], "gid");
	if ($phtml[26] == "Unguilded") {$phtml[67] = ""; $ghtml = array(0 => "--------------",1 => "Unguilded",2 => "--------------",3 => "--------------",5 => "--------------",7 => "--------------",9 => "--------------",11 => "--------------",21 => "--------------",23 => "--------------");} 
	else {$ghtml = get_html($phtml[25], "guild"); $gserver = $ghtml[1]; $gmembers = $ghtml[7]." Total Members"; $glevel = "Guild Level: ".$ghtml[21]; $gstatus = $ghtml[23]."Status"; $ghtml[0] = $phtml[25]; $ghtml[2] = $gserver; $ghtml[7] = $gmembers; $ghtml[21] = $glevel; $ghtml[23] = $gstatus; $ghtml[1] = $phtml[26]; $rhtml = get_html($phtml[25], "roster"); $k = array_search($phtml[1], $rhtml); $i = $k-1; $phtml[67] = $rhtml[$i];}
	$player = build_array($phtml, "player"); $guild = build_array($ghtml, "guild");} 
else {
	$pdata = get_data($pid, "player");
	if ($obj = mysql_fetch_object($pdata)) {
		if ($obj->updated < date('YmdHis')-$update) {
			$phtml = get_html($pid, "player"); $phtml[0] = $pid; $check_gid = get_var($phtml[25], "gid");
			if ($phtml[26] == "Unguilded") {$phtml[67] = "";} else {$rhtml = get_html($phtml[25], "roster"); $k = array_search($phtml[1], $rhtml); $i = $k-1; $phtml[67] = $rhtml[$i];}
			$player = build_array($phtml, "player"); $pupdate = db_process($player, "player", "update");}} 
	else {
		if ($phtml[26] == "Unguilded") {$phtml[67] = "";} else {$rhtml = get_html($phtml[25], "roster"); $k = array_search($phtml[1], $rhtml); $i = $k-1; $phtml[67] = $rhtml[$i];}
		$player = build_array($phtml, "player"); $pupdate = db_process($player, "player", "insert");}
	$pdata = get_data($pid, "player"); $player = mysql_fetch_array($pdata, MYSQL_ASSOC);
	if ($player['guild'] != "Unguilded") {
		$gdata = get_data($player['gid'], "guild");
		if ($obj = mysql_fetch_object($gdata)) {
			if ($obj->updated < date('YmdHis')-$update) {$ghtml = get_html($player['gid'], "guild"); $gserver = $ghtml[1]; $gmembers = $ghtml[7]." Total Members"; $glevel = "Guild Level: ".$ghtml[21]; $gstatus = $ghtml[23]."Status"; $ghtml[0] = $player['gid']; $ghtml[2] = $gserver; $ghtml[7] = $gmembers; $ghtml[21] = $glevel; $ghtml[23] = $gstatus; $ghtml[1] = $player['guild']; $guild = build_array($ghtml, "guild"); $gupdate = db_process($guild, "guild", "update");}} 
		else {$ghtml = get_html($player['gid'], "guild"); $gserver = $ghtml[1]; $gmembers = $ghtml[7]." Total Members"; $glevel = "Guild Level: ".$ghtml[21]; $gstatus = $ghtml[23]."Status"; $ghtml[0] = $player['gid']; $ghtml[2] = $gserver; $ghtml[7] = $gmembers; $ghtml[21] = $glevel; $ghtml[23] = $gstatus; $ghtml[1] = $player['guild']; $guild = build_array($ghtml, "guild"); $gupdate = db_process($guild, "guild", "insert");}
		$gdata = get_data($player['gid'], "guild"); $guild = mysql_fetch_array($gdata, MYSQL_ASSOC);} 
	else {$guild = array("name" => "Unguilded","server" => "--------------","members" => "--------------","level" => "--------------","status" => "--------------");}}
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------// create image
if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['img']) && $HTTP_GET_VARS['img'] != "") {
	$theme = include("themes/".$HTTP_GET_VARS['img']."/theme.php");
	if (!$theme) {$theme = include("themes/".$dtheme."/theme.php");}} 
else {$theme = include("themes/".$dtheme."/theme.php");}
?>

Last edited by taliesan : 04-13-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Umm what do you need help with?
Unread 03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

Weird thing, when i tried to use the fonction to lock the user to my char, it doesn't work. I mean the sig doesn't show at all... weird. I can still lock the guild but weird...
Unread 03-03-2005, 11:22 PM
A Grove Wisp

Question: If I use a black image then my colors work fine, but if I use some other GIF then the words all turn red no matter what I set their color too. Any suggestions?
Unread 03-03-2005, 11:47 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

its because gif's can only have 256 colors total so either leave 1 spot for each extra color you want or use a color that is in the image already.
example you have a picture and you want to have text with the color #FF00FF which is a bright purple. in my example i am assuming #FF00FF is not currently one of the colors in your gif so you make your gif 255 colors leaving 1 color open for #FF00FF when the text is added. i hope that makes sense.
Unread 03-03-2005, 11:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

useing the imagecreatepng results in the best quality, as stated by the devs of it themselves

*edit* and for clarification, you can use any type image background you want, png, gif, jpg, color will work, you just need to use the right PHP code
Unread 03-04-2005, 08:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thx a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliesan
Ok.. I gave up on caching, and figured out what my problem with the database was.. It didnt like me defining the Engine.

By Changing This:
,PRIMARY KEY(`id`)) ENGINE=MyISAM;";

To This:
,PRIMARY KEY(`id`));";

The problem was resolved.
Thanks a ton, Taliesan, this resolve my error too.

anyway, great job this script, Octavius, ... i'm waiting for "Roster script" as it was announced, but .... maybe, if you don't play EQ2 anymore, this release will not happen but .... i'm waiting for if it's possible,
Unread 03-04-2005, 10:02 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Boggle, well the problem fixed itself, maybe it was just the way my browser was caching the image.

Mithriler I have a roster that I use My Roster If you PM me with your email address I can send it to you.

Last edited by taliesan : 04-13-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Unread 03-04-2005, 12:19 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'd like to create some more themes for use with this dynamic sig code.

There are a few UIs here that use some very cool borders... if I wanted to snag their graphics to make some themes for this - I am guessing I need to contact each author and make sure I have their permission first?