Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 10-11-2006, 01:25 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

BigJim187, thanks, although that still leaves me a bit clueless about the cause at the moment. Maybe I'll think of something. Sorry it doesn't work for you though.

dawhip, that bar sometimes goes away for some people for unknown reasons. I have not yet been able to reproduce that problem. If someone could post their uisettings.ini from a toon that has lost the bar I might find out. However, assuming that maybe you just inadvertantly moved the bar out of sight the next release will contain some new functions in the control center to resize and/or reposition the bar at the click of a button. In the meantime just follow Oakayam's suggestion. What lordebon said will not help.

shokra, I agree. Let me know once you programmed one for me, hehe.
Unread 10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
Krawl, please check whether it also flickers on attackable mobs. If it is only white named NPCs, I may have an idea. Thanks for answering all those questions btw, but they were meant for BigJim187, and that's why they did not make much sense to you.
Finally got a chance to try this out. It's only white named NPC. Hope this helps.
Unread 10-11-2006, 09:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

First off, really like this ui...very well done. I do have a problem though and that is my stat button/line with my resists and such is showing up as black only. I have downloaded a couple additions to this such as dragonwulf advanced 6 way inventory and himays player button. I don't know if one of these has caused a conflict with it or what? Any help appreciated.
Unread 10-13-2006, 01:51 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Splitpaw

I've started playing again, and ProfitUI is just he best UI for me out there, so i just wonder if the latest version of ProfitUI her works with the latest game update?
Unread 10-13-2006, 03:42 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Krawl, thanks. For the white names the UI changes the font and hides everything but the name. I suppose the reason lies therein. I'll take a look at it.

hbosch007, if it is just the bottom bar right click it and check the window settings. Make sure it is set to frame & titlebar and move the frame opacity slider to max.

ToxicMan, if you download my version of it (ProfitUI Reborn II, link in my sig if it shows), then yes of course.
Unread 10-13-2006, 07:44 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

K I seem to be having an issue with the background. I got the add-on, but it doesnt seem to be working, unzipped the file I want & overwrote existing files, however Im getting this when logging in game.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/3...2000162az3.jpg

Any clues, its definately a possibility I just screwed up the install on the add-on.
Unread 10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

After using this for a few weeks now i have to say this is the nicest UI out there for me, it has everything im after.

I do have 1 problem with it though and it bothers me everyday.

With the hotbars, specifically the first hotkey, when you put your mouse over it the scroll bar comes up to scroll up or down to the next hot bar. When in combat i always find myself clicking on either up or down, then having to try and scroll back to the correct hotbar, meanwhile the mob is killing me.

Heres some pics to explain. Solution would be to just move the scroll part to the outside of the box so its not overlapping the first hotkey.

Here is the hotbar and im about to click on the first hotkey while in the frenzy of a raid.

While concentrating more on the raid the my hotbar i move the mouse to the left half side of the first hotkey which brings up the scroll feature.

While still paying more attention to the raid i click on either scroll up or down cause the hotbar to change. Then i realize what ive done and gota click around trying to get the hotbar back, normally missing again and repeating the cycle over.

If there is some workaround for this please let me know as i have done this so many times its just becoming frustrating, almost enough for me just to scrap the UI and go back to default, just over this issue.
Unread 10-13-2006, 07:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Seth, right click on all of your hotbars & turn your frame & title bar to none, will fix the issue.
Unread 10-13-2006, 08:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Sweet that is awesome, thx
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Venom, you need to download the subclass backdrops and extract them into your \Everquest II directory (just like ProfitUI). There should then be a folder \backdrops in your \ProfitUI folder.
If that doesn't help, let me know.
Unread 10-14-2006, 07:34 AM
A Berserk Golem

@gm9: Great, you have taken over the UI and keeping it up to date, nice work, really love it =)
Unread 10-14-2006, 07:59 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Great UI, been using it for quite some time, only big issue I have is this, bottom bar thing. I have attached my characters ini just after it hid itself again.
It is mostly when going from fullscreen to windowed mode it disappears for me.

dawhip, that bar sometimes goes away for some people for unknown reasons. I have not yet been able to reproduce that problem. If someone could post their uisettings.ini from a toon that has lost the bar I might find out. However, assuming that maybe you just inadvertantly moved the bar out of sight the next release will contain some new functions in the control center to resize and/or reposition the bar at the click of a button. In the meantime just follow Oakayam's suggestion. What lordebon said will not help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip darathar_grenkak_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.2 KB, 266 views)
Unread 10-14-2006, 08:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

And here the same characters ini after I got it to work by deleting my nonworking ini and replacing it with another chars settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Working bottombar - darathar_grenkak_eq2_uisettings.zip (2.0 KB, 247 views)
Unread 10-14-2006, 08:50 AM
A Berserk Golem

One question.

The graphic profiles, Performance, Quality, Raid, Screenshot, is it possible to change/tweak those?

Edit: Forget the question above, found it out.
But there is another thing.

The audio control bar, seems to resets itself?

And the the options for showing names for players/npc, showing guild name, showing titles on the graphic control bar, seem to not work?

Last edited by ToxicMan : 10-14-2006 at 09:07 AM.
Unread 10-14-2006, 02:53 PM
A Griffon

gm9, hows the updater on the raidwindow ? I still get kicked when I move ppl arroung
Unread 10-14-2006, 05:31 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks Wuldur, will check that file, maybe it helps.

ToxicMan, the audio controls only graphically reset themselves, the actual settings are saved correctly. I may try to fix the display one day (if possible) but it is currently not a priority.

Dechau, development time is sparse at the moment. The attached version should be fine, but I have not yet properly tested it.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_raid.xml (52.6 KB, 259 views)
Unread 10-14-2006, 05:44 PM
A Brown Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
oceeye, can't fix it if you don't let me know about it, can I? Would you mind answering the questions I posed to BigJim187 below? Might help me find out where the problem lies, because I have never personally seen a crash so far.

My apologizes that I never replied with the answers to your questions. It was easier to just remove the broker window and install another one. No offense was intended however I was just responding to the other posters statement that I had the same problem. The others I know that are experiencing the same issues have decided to try another broker mod instead since it appears to be isolated cases.

Again love the mod except for this issue. As far as the others, maybe they will respond on their own and answer your questions.
Unread 10-15-2006, 03:01 PM
A Griffawn

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMan
One question.

The graphic profiles, Performance, Quality, Raid, Screenshot, is it possible to change/tweak those?

Edit: Forget the question above, found it out.
But there is another thing.

The audio control bar, seems to resets itself?

And the the options for showing names for players/npc, showing guild name, showing titles on the graphic control bar, seem to not work?
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...00&postcount=4 - download it, follow the directions, and when you have the setting made, open up both your new one and the one in Profits with Notepad and replace everything from r_frame_buffer_scale=1.000 to r_performance=7.0. save the file and your gtg. You can change them up for every single one. Hope that helps
Unread 10-16-2006, 03:29 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Or copy it from your eq2_recent.ini as described in the file _ProfitUI_VideoSettings_Readme.txt in your ProfitUI folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMan
Sorry, had forgotten to answer this. They are working fine for me, using them all the time on raids. They only work for players however. I have double checked the code and I don't see anything that I could fix in case they really don't work for you. Sorry.
Unread 10-16-2006, 02:20 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Noticed a bug from time to time with the target window, and finally remembered to take a screenshot of it today.

Initially non-attackable epic targets do not show the epic indicator, even after they become aggressive. See the example...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	target.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	5285  
Unread 10-16-2006, 08:34 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainQueen96
Noticed a bug from time to time with the target window, and finally remembered to take a screenshot of it today.

Initially non-attackable epic targets do not show the epic indicator, even after they become aggressive. See the example...
guess this is caused by SOE not sure...anyways..this suxx as hell right
Unread 10-17-2006, 03:09 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can work around this by switching to another target and then back on the named.

Haven't looked at this problem in a while now, I'll have to check again whether I can find a way to make it switch automatically.
Unread 10-17-2006, 11:57 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
You can work around this by switching to another target and then back on the named.
Ah, will try that next time, as he was all by his lonesome I didn't get the chance to try that.
Unread 10-19-2006, 04:29 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default ProfitUi 2.8.2 no longer works on test server ?!?

... at least it refuses to do so for me:

instead i got messages like:

[Thu Oct 19 11:09:30 2006] The MainHUD Hotkey_clone_0 window is not compatible with the current client
Please upgrade your UI mod to a compatible version or revert to the default UI (/loadui default).

and
[Thu Oct 19 11:12:45 2006] The Inventory Bag_clone_1_0 window is not compatible with the current client
Please upgrade your UI mod to a compatible version or revert to the default UI (/loadui default).

until yesterday it used to work fine...

Do i really have to go back to the plain ol' standard interface ?

cu,
Neo
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:40 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

RainQueen96, you do not need to target another mob, just pressing ESC to not target anything or targeting yourself or another player will also do the job.

Neopath, check the first news on the front page of eq2interface, I suppose you are experiencing the interface format change announced by SOE that is supposed to break all custom UIs (but increase performance!). I'm checking Test every day looking for that update, must have been pushed today since yesterday it was not there.

According to the announcement, all windows that use icons should break, but if the two error messages you listed are the only ones, deleting eq2ui_inventory_bag.xml and eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey.xml should get you going again. But if I understood DNeufeld correctly, all windows using icons will break (e.g. also inventory, pet window, start button, etc.).

That's what you get for playing on Test, you are at the cutting edge of development, which isn't always the smoothest ride.
Closed Thread