Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 02-08-2005, 08:33 AM
Steward of the Faithful
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itanius
Does anyone have or know where to find the scripting hooks for the data at EQ2Players? I'm referring to the stats like Quests completed, Last Killed By, etc. A list of all those hooks would be great, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks
The code to grab that info would be the same as what's used to grab name, guild, etc. except you'd have to parse http://eq2players.station.sony.com/e...chievements.vm instead of http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/pplayer.vm
Unread 02-08-2005, 10:07 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Does anyone have or know where to find the scripting hooks for the data at EQ2Players? I'm referring to the stats like Quests completed, Last Killed By, etc. A list of all those hooks would be great, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Thanks
Give me another day. I was going to release the database version of my script last night (actually database and NO database in one script, you can turn it off in the config file) but I decided to wait another day to add a few things. One of those things is a file that lists the arrays in their complete form. That way you can see EXACTLY which array key goes to which value. So you want to figure out which key is used to display the zone you were last killed in? My script does in fact parse it, you just need to know the array key.

And beyond that, I am adding an admin interface, to let you manage the entries in the database, and possibly some other settings.

As for the suggestion of adding the ability for a surname. Yes I can do that easily. My first version of this script (long before it was released here) actually had that, but I found that if you are in a guild with a long name, and your name is long, it looks pretty bad on your sig. But I will add the feature anyway, and let you decide whether to use a surname or not

Also a quick tip. For those of you who have asked how I was able to get the guild rank dynamically. I pull the guild roster for your guild id dynamically, and then do an array search for your player name (that matches the name from the array gotten earlier in teh script). The array key that is returned is a number, and the key just before that is where your guild rank will be. So I simply take the key, and subtract 1 from it and then use that new value to grab the key where your guild rank is.

Last edited by 0ctavius : 02-08-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Unread 02-08-2005, 11:41 AM
A Griffon
Featured

You make it sound more complicated than it is.
Unread 02-10-2005, 08:23 AM
A Grizzled Badger

It is for people that don't know how. The post was meant for them, not you...

Anything is hard until you are told or learn on your own how to do it...

By the way, nice sig ger, I like the purple and green...
Unread 02-10-2005, 12:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Just meant how you explain it makes it even confusing to me.
Unread 02-11-2005, 09:30 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Almost done with db caching system. I got it working with one minor or major bug (depending on how you look at it)

If a player pulls up his sig, and his data is in the database, it either updates it (if outdated) or it uses it (if it is up to date). Inversely, if it attempts to update that data, but the eq2players page is down for whatever reason, it will use the database info anyway...

The problem happens when it only gets partial data. I have an issue where I seem to be able to get player data but when it tries to get guild data, it doesn't always get it. And if there is no guild data, it can't populate the signature with that data, but it still makes an image.

I just need to put some more error catching into it, which shouldn't take long. I can fairly accurately way the new version will be posted today. This new version will be both the database and non database script in one (turned off or on via config file) and has a slightly reworked theme system...
Unread 02-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Server: Oasis

/tabs foot..

Where did you guys find the code at? I searched eq2players and came up with nothing and google was full of dead ends:/ Are you guys just parseing the character page? I hate to reinvent the wheel..
Unread 02-13-2005, 04:15 PM
A Grizzled Badger

I apologize for the wait. All good things come to those that wait though...

EverQuest 2 Signature Generator (version 0.06)
----------------------------------------------------
changes in this version:
* can now add a last name to your signature
* can restrict the signature script to use only by a specific player id
* can enable or disable database caching which speeds up signature display (disabled by default, see readme)
* signature themes are shorter (400px wide instead of 410px) so that they work correctly on the official soe forums
* update frequency can be changed via the config file (see the readme)

upcoming in next version(s):
* ability to restrict use of script to a specific guild id
* ability to use theme modes such as normal, simple, and enchanced for more or less data being displayed on your signature (like stats)
* ability to administer database caching data and other features from an admin interface
* ability to use gd fonts and custom colors (set individually per theme)
------------------------------------------------------------------
and last, but not least -- the download link:
download - http://www.avengingsouls.com/Octavius/eq2sig006.zip (thanks Humudce!)
readme - http://www.avengingsouls.com/Octavius/readme.txt (also contained in the zip file)
-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------
UPDATE: the 400px wide things isn't working on soe as I intended. Apparently their stupid forums adds a < p> tag or something that throw the image off. They themselves say it can be 400px wide maximum yet 400px wide gets cut off...

Last edited by 0ctavius : 02-13-2005 at 06:05 PM.
Unread 02-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Wrath of Evil
Premium Member

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Not Found
The requested URL /octavius/eq2sig006.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
http://www.avengingsouls.com/octavius/ is an empty directory.
Unread 02-13-2005, 06:06 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Sorry about that. Humudce has a unix host apparently, because it wanted capital O for the Octavius directory. I updated the links above accordingly...
Unread 02-13-2005, 09:12 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Mistmoore

Awesome coding! The db cachin works great. About the 400px thing, I think it works fine in IE but not Mozilla/Firefox
Unread 02-13-2005, 09:16 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanx for the DB caching, I can now better my own sig, and and custom ones I've created for people.
Unread 02-14-2005, 02:54 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Ugh, just spent the last two hours tweaking my code, altering your code to add in the achievements page, add in the database stuff... and somewhere I'm missing some little character, or something... I've got the deviled...

Code:
Duplicate entry '' for key 1
/goes back to scanning his code

*EDIT*

ARGHHHHH /gnaws his own teeth out...

I swear I quaddroople checked typo's.

super duper quick loading eq2 sigy, thanx to 0catavius:

http://www.advancedmod.com/sigs/eq2/...x42/eq2sig.gif

click and refresh all ya want

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-14-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Unread 02-14-2005, 06:37 AM
A Grove Wisp

This is really a great work !
I have some question before i can try it (i'm at work atm damn). How do i know if my web host will support it ?
If there some kind of help file with all the parameters that can be changed ? like if i want my personnal status points, char's info but not tradeskill....
I know it's a lot of question, but there is no possible way i can understand how to create it from scratch, and this is really über sig !
Unread 02-14-2005, 07:28 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degolas
This is really a great work !
I have some question before i can try it (i'm at work atm damn). How do i know if my web host will support it ?
If there some kind of help file with all the parameters that can be changed ? like if i want my personnal status points, char's info but not tradeskill....
I know it's a lot of question, but there is no possible way i can understand how to create it from scratch, and this is really über sig !
There is info in the readme on what variables can be passed, and basic info on what can be modified in the config file. As for using it on your own host, as long as they support PHP you can use it, but you can't turn database caching on unless you have a mysql database at your host.

As for the ability to add your own variables, I will post a file today that has a test file you can use to see the exact array output that can be then used to add your own info to a sig if you chose to do so. For now though, the standard script only shows what you see on my sig. I will have a version out this week that has 3 modes of operation.

Simple - Name, Adventuring Class/Level, and Guild (if you are in one)
Normal - what you see now
Enhanced - basically very similar to what Drumstix has
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:02 AM
A Grove Wisp

my host does support php and i have a mysql db. I've read something about GD library (Drumstix said it was needed), what is that ? How do i know that my host use it ?
Again, über l33t work (to use some mmo's expressions lol) !
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:10 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
my host does support php and i have a mysql db. I've read something about GD library (Drumstix said it was needed), what is that ? How do i know that my host use it ?
Again, über l33t work (to use some mmo's expressions lol) !
yes, sorry I forgot to mention that requirement...

put the following into a new php file and run it in your browser (on your host)
PHP Code:
<?php var_dump(gd_info()); ?>
Should tell you the gd library that is installed (if it is)
Alternately you can also do this:
PHP Code:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
which will output everything about the php environment, including gd. This might be helpful if you wanted to know more about what was supported than just the GD library...
Unread 02-14-2005, 08:22 AM
A Grove Wisp

Thx again, i'll try asap when i'm back home. Stupid work proxy won't let me upload files to my host lol
Unread 02-14-2005, 12:02 PM
A Grove Wisp

woohoo it's working ! now i need to remove the tradeskill part (not proud of that lol) and add some info. I understood how to change the background, i'm gonna work on that asap... if i can stop playing lol.
Gratz again on the job !

EDIT : it's still a little to high for SoE guilds forum, maybe instead of 79, put like 60 or so....

Last edited by Degolas : 02-14-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Unread 02-14-2005, 01:02 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Using your code, Octavius, I was able to manipulate it to assist me in caching data from my xfire profile (gaming messenger, with gaming hours recording)

here's what I came up with:
http://advancedmod.com/sigs/tribesv/...tribesvsig.gif

and here's my xfire profile:
http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?...ame=drumstix42

Thanx for the work. Much appreciated.
Unread 02-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Once again, wonderful work 0ctavius. Now time for another of my "is it possible…" question/suggestions. Not sure if GD supports this, but it would be really cool if you could specify multiple cids and end up with an animated GIF that would "scroll" through each of your characters. (In other words, that Artisan 3 in my sig depresses me, and it'd be cool if I could get it to display my 41 Alchemist as well hehe)
Unread 02-14-2005, 02:30 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Once again, wonderful work 0ctavius. Now time for another of my "is it possible…" question/suggestions. Not sure if GD supports this, but it would be really cool if you could specify multiple cids and end up with an animated GIF that would "scroll" through each of your characters. (In other words, that Artisan 3 in my sig depresses me, and it'd be cool if I could get it to display my 41 Alchemist as well hehe)
Yeah, actually playing with flash... flash can get data from php, so maybe an animated flash file that displays character data... The possibilities are endless...

Last edited by 0ctavius : 02-14-2005 at 08:48 PM.
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:27 PM
A Grove Wisp

Looks nice !
Come on release the command list so i can start messing with it

Last edited by Degolas : 02-14-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Unread 02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

Sorry All been away from the boards for a couple of days. Yes my host is UNIX / Linux based and needed the Captial Letter in Octavius sorry about that.

OK I added a Re-Direct so either way with or without the Captial "O" in Octavius should work now.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.

Last edited by Humudce : 02-14-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Unread 02-14-2005, 04:37 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Quote:
Looks nice !
Come on release the command list so i can start messing with it
Will be released tonight, probably with the new theme modes and better documentation on how to do themes (and MAYBE even some more themes than what I already have out there...) Going to split the config file and the functions up as well, so that going forward you will not have to overwrite your config file every time there is a new release...