Closed Thread
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogoth
Just curious if/how one could use just the small self/target/implied bars that sit above the hotbar's. I figured out it was the self window and tried to just use that file in another UI (fetish) but it's missing the graphics...what other files do I need or do I need to add include's to one of the fetish files?
hmm, you'll need to copy _Profit_Styles.xml, include this in eq2ui.ini, and also copy FontArial14T.xml and /images/profit.tga. I think those are all files used for that bar.
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:16 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroprotagonist
Anyone else notice an awful lot of blank space to the right of the quest journal? Seems like I have bout a half inch that is just...blank, past the scroll bar. Any way to thin it a bit?
I have to admit I never noticed Thanks for mentioning it, I'll take care of it.
Unread 04-23-2006, 03:18 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicMan
One thing i've noticed, the target window, where it show the name health and mana or what i should call it, the name is inbetween those to bars and it looks like the health and mana bar is overlapping the name so its really hard to see his name sometimes.. can try to take a screen if this was hard to understand :P

Edit: Forget this question, just changed the "con" thingy, and now its fine =)
Great UI!
Is this the same issue that Droiyan7 posted a screenshot about in post #311 above you? I have this fixed, I'll just need to upload the fix, lazy me.

And no, you don't need to download the XML's from main thread as well, it's all in the zip (taking down the XML's now).
Unread 04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Butcherblock
Default Missing maintained effects

I've noticed what might be a problem with the maintained effects window.

When my character dies & I revive, I recast my maintained spells, but they will not show up in the maintained effects window. If I exit the game & come back in, the icons are once again in the maintained effects window.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks for the great work. Keep it up.
Unread 04-23-2006, 05:58 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

try using your mouse wheel in the maintained window - you might have scrolled the top of it out of view
Unread 04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Splitpaw

Great =) really love this UI, the functions and the look, so once more keep the great work up.

But i still wonder where Spiricore are...
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Grobb
Default Profit UI 2.2.2.

I want you to know that Profit UI is the best UI I have seen ever..8-) The only thing that has been bothering me is that The guild window under the recruit tab I am not able to set any Details and also when using a toon not Guilded the search for a guild window that pops up when you hit "U" Key does not show up at all. One more thing the chat window In order for me to chat I always need to set the "Always chat here" and for some reason sometimes I am not able to chat at all it kind of freezes and when I hit enter to submit the text I have just written it does not go thru and I have to restart EQ2 to be able to chat again. It was working fine until update #22.
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:46 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest
Cool I think I have a better idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9
go into option->User Interface and uncheck "smooth fonts"
I think move font files(Highspeed.ttf,Speedline.ttf) to 'ProfitUI' folder is better idea.(Of course, modify 'PrivateFontPath' in '_Profit_Styles.xml' and 'eq2ui_textstyles_new.xml' is needed)

I never experiance any trouble with 'Smooth Font' or 'Small Font' option, since I used this modify.

By the way, v2.3 package include 'eq2ui_textstyles_new.xml', but instruction of this file seems missed

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin

Last edited by Droiyan7 : 04-24-2006 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Add info
Unread 04-24-2006, 12:53 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftmister
I want you to know that Profit UI is the best UI I have seen ever..8-) The only thing that has been bothering me is that The guild window under the recruit tab I am not able to set any Details and also when using a toon not Guilded the search for a guild window that pops up when you hit "U" Key does not show up at all. One more thing the chat window In order for me to chat I always need to set the "Always chat here" and for some reason sometimes I am not able to chat at all it kind of freezes and when I hit enter to submit the text I have just written it does not go thru and I have to restart EQ2 to be able to chat again. It was working fine until update #22.
Updata to v2.3, it will resolve your issue.(if still problem, find 'eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml' in profitUI folder and del it, be sure 'eq2ui_mainhud_guild.xml' exist in only 'Default' UI folder.)

If you cannot fine v2.3, visit here
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4246

Character: IspinSharle of 'WURI' Guild
Unrest Server, Human Female Paladin
Unread 04-24-2006, 01:42 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiyan7
I think move font files(Highspeed.ttf,Speedline.ttf) to 'ProfitUI' folder is better idea.(Of course, modify 'PrivateFontPath' in '_Profit_Styles.xml' and 'eq2ui_textstyles_new.xml' is needed)

I never experiance any trouble with 'Smooth Font' or 'Small Font' option, since I used this modify.
Great info, I'll do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droiyan7
By the way, v2.3 package include 'eq2ui_textstyles_new.xml', but instruction of this file seems missed
yeah, that sneaky file shouldn't have been in the release.

And ToxicMan: I wonder as well where Spiricore is hiding. I hope he's well.
Unread 04-24-2006, 03:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default map?

Hi all, using this UI, but have one problem. Had EQ map too. If I insert coordinates, I don't see cross or dot on map. Only message in chat window, you destination etc... Some idea where is problem? Thanks
Unread 04-24-2006, 06:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Offline trading with ProfitUI

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have upgraded to the latest version of ProfitUI as I was on an older version. I've set a number of items to be sold offline and Im just getting some friends to check to see if the items are listed.

I must admit I couldnt understand how the UI would effect this, but hey I was taking advise from SOE Support!

thx.

D.
Unread 04-24-2006, 07:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Hi all, using this UI, but have one problem. Had EQ map too. If I insert coordinates, I don't see cross or dot on map. Only message in chat window, you destination etc... Some idea where is problem? Thanks
The problem is actually the EQ2Map auto-updater which doesn't update all of its files. For a fix please upgrade to ProfitUI v2.3 which you can find in my post #10 on this thread. It's also available as a patch from the download page.

We really need Spiricore to come back to update those first posts. I'd like to avoid creating yet another new thread.
Unread 04-24-2006, 03:14 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Great add on! The only question I have is where is the start button?

I do not see it anywhere once I installed the UI.

Any ideas?
Unread 04-25-2006, 12:58 PM
A Griffon

Look down at the botton left corner of the screen. You may see just a tad bit of the far right edge of it. I noticed this when I installed the UI. Took me a bit but I found it.
Unread 04-25-2006, 01:36 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunder40
Look down at the botton left corner of the screen. You may see just a tad bit of the far right edge of it. I noticed this when I installed the UI. Took me a bit but I found it.
That's why you should just use one of the included preset .ini files the first time you install the UI so you have all the windows in the default positions as shown on the screenshots.
Unread 04-25-2006, 06:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

I have problems with my Recruting Guild window it wont be open...
Have you also the problem? or have i make a wrong installation..
Unread 04-25-2006, 10:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I have no clue if it's me, but when I try to move people in a raid with the raid window included in the mod, my game crashes. It doesn't crash when I tried another individual ui mod.

It rarely crashed with the old profit mod I had installed. It didn't look like it changed, so this is very curious why it would start crashing now.
Unread 04-26-2006, 01:43 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

dukee, did you upgrade to the latest version (download link in my signature)?

hylozoist, did this happen once or did you try it several times? The window is still the same from v1.8d, but I'll check whether I made any accidental changes.
Unread 04-26-2006, 06:37 AM
A Griffon

Default Run speed % not showing up

Not a big deal but when I bring up the Persona window the run speed is always 0% whether I am on my 40% carpet or have my Jboots on it still indicates 0%.
Unread 04-26-2006, 07:11 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

ProfitUI uses the default persona window. If there's a bug with the run speed display it's on SOE's end.
Unread 04-26-2006, 07:18 AM
A Griffon

Okies.. thanks..

As a side note, this is by far the least buggy UI I have used.

Now that I have it installed correctly, I have no problems what so ever.. This UI simply put is the best bar none..

I really really appreciate all the hard work and effort going into keeping it current.

Thanks!!
Unread 04-26-2006, 09:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hi

I installed the latest Profit ui Reborn, I have found for some reason I do not have any boarders on any type of pop up or any of the small Icons in the corners. Did I miss some thing or not get a file some how?

Thanks
Unread 04-26-2006, 10:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone
Default Lost

i just downloaded the ProfitUI 2.3, installed it and started Eq2.
but it looked all like before. i deleted my old ui_settingsfile and at startup i was aksed which one to use and i selected the 1280*1024 one (my actual rez is 1600*1200) but despite some differently played windows all loked the same. no cool lloking health bars, no fonts, half of the stuff seemed missing anyway (like the bar which show you all your stats.
the chat window had only 2 tabs (main and combat) instead of 5 or so what the one on the screenshot has.

Do i need to have the 1.8 version installed first? what am i doing wrong?

Can someone please tell a noob what to do to make it look right?
Unread 04-26-2006, 11:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Okay, I just DL'ed and installed, but this part of your directions have me confused:

3. Rename your {server}.{toon}_eq2_uisettings.ini in your EQ2 directory to and add .bak to the end of it.

I don't want to mess anything up. Do I just put .bak at the end of it?
Closed Thread