EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-30-2011, 09:21 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Everfrost
Default EQ2Maps NOT launching the game

Title says it all. I have tried everything I can think of and read on the forums to no avail. I've tried to manually launch the game and have it set to auto launch after updating and still the same error occurs;

"There was an error trying to launch EveruQuest2. Please open EverQuest2 manually."

Any clues as to why it does this or is it the same as custom UI's not liking my machine? Perhaps I should not have taken that 6 year break from the game Any help would be great. Hell that could be the reason behind none of the custom UI's working I haven't a clue...
Unread 11-30-2011, 10:30 PM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

What file do you have the updater pointed to to launch the game?

I think I had this same issue, but resolved it by pointing to the Launchpad.exe file.

As for custom UIs not working properly, do you have the eq2.ini file properly coded and in place?

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 11-30-2011, 11:11 PM
A Brown Bear

Yes I have the .ini files placed as per install instructions on the UI's. They indicate the .ini file be placed in the new sub-folder with the custom UI name within the UI folder of the EQ2 Directory. I've even tried placing the .ini file directly into the main EQ2 folder to no avail. as far as pointing EQ2Maps to the launcher, how does one go about doing that? Forgive me but I am an old phart and i love this game that after being away for 6 years, i had to return. My departure was not by choice rather by necessity. I recall EQ2Maps being able to launch EQ2 w/o any issues 6 years ago and for some reason, I recall that it was in fact needed to run certain custom UI's. Whether or not the still holds true today, I do not know however, I am wanting to get a custom UI up and running and able to get EQ2Maps to launch the game as well. Tnx for the advice and help!!
Unread 12-01-2011, 10:47 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by T101 View Post
Yes I have the .ini files placed as per install instructions on the UI's. They indicate the .ini file be placed in the new sub-folder with the custom UI name within the UI folder of the EQ2 Directory. I've even tried placing the .ini file directly into the main EQ2 folder to no avail.
I've taken a look at the Fetish Nightfall v11.9 download (judging by another thread of yours, this is one of the main UI mods you are wanting to use), and see that the .zip package is set up in a fashion that you can extract the contents directly to the root EverQuest2 directory. Doing so will place the provided eq2.ini file in the required directory, as well as setting up the file/folder structure necessary for the UI itself.

So my suggestion, to make sure you have this set up correctly, would be to delete the 'UI' folder from your root EverQuest2 directory initially (to put yourself back to a 'clean slate' state). Then extract the contents of the Fetish Nightfall v11.9 download into your base EverQuest2 directory (as explained above).

Now that you have this done, you will need to point the EQ2Maps updater to the new 'FetishNightfall' directory for all the map files to be downloaded to (this could be the reason you weren't being able to use any other UI mods in conjunction with EQ2Maps; you had separate folders within the 'UI' folder for each mod, when in reality you need everything in one folder). To do this, go into the Options of the updater and choose the proper selection from the UI Directory dropdown.

Quote:
as far as pointing EQ2Maps to the launcher, how does one go about doing that?
On the same Options window, hit the Browse button next to the 'Autolaunch EQ2' path field and browse to/select the Launchpad.exe file in your EQ2 directory.

This should get you set up and ready to go!

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
A Brown Bear

Red face

Both problems resolved. Plz close this thread. Tnx!!!!