EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 09-03-2011, 03:21 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Map issue, can anyone help?

Ello, I have got eq2 maps and since the new upddate it hasnt been showing me the queest points or where my group member sare on the map. I have tried to reintall it and ive looked for a menu option that maybe has changed but havent found anything.

I emailed them but they told me that they couldnt help and told me to post on here (not very impressed with that to be honest).

Does anyone know a fix for it? I only have the digital download of DoV so cant use the disc for anything. Its getting on my nerves a little really.
Unread 09-03-2011, 03:48 AM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Rose View Post
Ello, I have got eq2 maps and since the new upddate it hasnt been showing me the queest points or where my group member sare on the map. I have tried to reintall it and ive looked for a menu option that maybe has changed but havent found anything.

I emailed them but they told me that they couldnt help and told me to post on here (not very impressed with that to be honest).

Does anyone know a fix for it? I only have the digital download of DoV so cant use the disc for anything. Its getting on my nerves a little really.
The people who you emailed aren't the creators of eq2map. As the form said its for people who have trouble with the website not interfaces/addons. EQ2MAP is a community project built by many people volunteering their time thus you'll most likely get better help here.

Couple basic questions to get started...
- Do any of the player submitted points of interest show on your map or are there no POIs at all? (Are you getting the custom maps and lots of little dots?)
- What other interface modifications are you running?

Last edited by Dolby : 09-03-2011 at 03:53 AM.
Unread 09-03-2011, 07:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Its not showing me anything and I dont have anything else running on it :S
Unread 09-03-2011, 08:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

If you are not seeing any poi's and yet the updater is running that means you have it pointed to the wrong location. You need to point it to the eq2 install you are actually using.

The easiest way to determine this location is to right click the icon you use to launch eq2 and choose properties. The start in or working field will have the path to your eq2 installation in it.

Launch the eq2map updater. Click the options button. Click the browse button next to the everquest ii text field. Navigate to the path that was in the start in or working field for your icon. Select the everquest2.exe file. Click Open. Click Ok.

Update and have fun.

Silat
Unread 09-03-2011, 10:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ive checked its going to the right folder and it does seem to. I have the POIs on the map now but its still not showing me the other group members on the map??