EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 04-06-2011, 05:43 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Multiple skins + font size

I can't read the darn quest helper, or journal or broker window. (Nor can I read item stats and group members have to read them to me on loot items, hence I don't get asked to group very often.)

1) anyone know why Sony won't take Windows font size into consideration or give users an option to expand font size like they do in chat windows?

2) There's a UI on here that's supposed to have big fonts, but I have EQ2Map and I don't know how to set up eq2.ini to use both. (I tried making a folder underneath UI called MyUI, copying both the EQ2Map folder and his UI folder into that folder, and changing eq2.ini, that didn't work.)

3) I saw that there's an eq2.ini command cl_default_font_quality but I have no idea what parameters it accepts. (I came across a list of cl_ commands, but some also seem to require parameters, does anyone have that info?

Thanks
Unread 04-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drucila View Post
2) There's a UI on here that's supposed to have big fonts, but I have EQ2Map and I don't know how to set up eq2.ini to use both. (I tried making a folder underneath UI called MyUI, copying both the EQ2Map folder and his UI folder into that folder, and changing eq2.ini, that didn't work.
Just install your other UI per its instructions and then run the EQ2MAP updater; it'll put EQ2MAP on top of your other UI mods.

The font stuff is another topic... you can always change the font size to be larger by modding the UI but there's no way to do it in-game (probably because the windows are in many cases arranged with fixed spacing and doesn't scale too well unless they also scale the entire window. You can always send in a /feedback for that and in the meantime mod the UI to use a larger font size or find one here that uses a larger size (I believe there are a few that offer some windows in larger font sizes).

Not sure about the font quality command... there's a massive number of / commands as just about any options or thing you can do can be passed along as a command in theory. Some fail gracefully and tell you what arguments are required but the vast majority of those commands not really intended for the player simply don't work if you don't feed them the right information (without actually telling you what the right information is).