EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > Fetish

Unread 09-09-2009, 07:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing joined dates for guild members.

For some reason the join dates for all the members in my guild are cut off, as if the date itself is scrolling below where it says "joined on .." the date is cut off and cannot read it. Funny thing is, my g/f and I downloaded the same verison of the UI and I installed on both computers from one download via. network, and on her computer it works just fine.

I have tried being in windowed mode, full screen, diffrent res. sizes. Just wondering if anyone had heard of this before and if so is there a simple fix for it.
Unread 09-24-2009, 10:49 AM
A Coastal Crab

I've the same Problem... all join dates are cut off. On international Server (german) i think it's always cut off. Set the alignment of the join date to "left" could be the solution i think... but i didn't try it.

Maybe it's already set to "left" ???
Unread 09-27-2009, 03:36 PM
A Weald Wolf

friend of mine used to have a solution, had to do with making the heigth of selected guild members larger so that it doesnt get cut off
Unread 09-27-2009, 07:13 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Until this GU and Fetish update I had no problems seeing the date where it belongs. Now it's missing. I didn't think to ask if anyone else was missing it. I figured they did away with it. I'm obviously too easy to accept missing/changed stuff!
Unread 09-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthillia View Post
Until this GU and Fetish update I had no problems seeing the date where it belongs. Now it's missing. I didn't think to ask if anyone else was missing it. I figured they did away with it. I'm obviously too easy to accept missing/changed stuff!
I see the joined date fine on my install.
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:58 AM
A Weald Wolf

for illustration purposes:

been like that forever iirc. i always used whatever.eq2guilds.org/en/roster.vm to get the join date.

as written above i dont really remember what the guild mate of mine changed to get it to work, but from looking at the current status, i'd guess he increased the size of the textfield to show a second line or sth like that...?
Unread 09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Fetish Core author
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlheinz View Post
for illustration purposes:

been like that forever iirc. i always used whatever.eq2guilds.org/en/roster.vm to get the join date.

as written above i dont really remember what the guild mate of mine changed to get it to work, but from looking at the current status, i'd guess he increased the size of the textfield to show a second line or sth like that...?
That looks like the issue is just in other languages, where the verbage is longer than "Joined On". Moving that text element a bit to the left should solve it. In English I see Joined On: <Date> fine, all on one line.
Unread 09-28-2009, 09:17 AM
A Weald Wolf

zonx if you plan on working on this, could you move the "current location" field further to the left as well? pretty please?
Unread 09-28-2009, 02:43 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
That looks like the issue is just in other languages, where the verbage is longer than "Joined On". Moving that text element a bit to the left should solve it. In English I see Joined On: <Date> fine, all on one line.
I'm having this issue in the English version, FWIW. It's not a big deal to me but I guess it would be to some folks.
Unread 09-28-2009, 03:08 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

I already enlarged the area for v11 but will make it even larger.

It would help if someone would post the full German text of the longest possible date stamp so I have something to judge what size to make the box.
Unread 09-28-2009, 04:40 PM
A Weald Wolf

longest i can think of right now would be:

Charasis: Gewölbe des ewigen Schlafes
Kurns Turm: Durchbrechen der Leere
Insel der Zuflucht: Flucht von Darathar
Die Bucht der Verwesung: Epischer Angler
so i guess good old angler wins

edit, looking further, i found this:
Schloss Nektropos: Handwerker-Botengänge

mind you: im looking through an unsorted 32mb plaintext file of all strings the client does translate for instance names i can think of so this does not have to be the longest name to exist, but its the longest i found

edit2: i just realized that i saw the athaneum zone name fit in the size you built into 11.0 . what i was thinking of is visible in the screenshot above, the zone should actually be called DT guild hall, but as it seems its either cut off or contains a \n character so theres nothing you could do to fix that, thanks tho'
now onto the joined-date

Last edited by karlheinz : 09-28-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Unread 09-30-2009, 11:50 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

So the current zone field was wide enough to accommodate all but the most extremely long zone names. I've widened it a bit to accommodate the extreme case.

Before...
Online in a one room apartment version
After...
Online in a one room apartment version 1...

Extreme case...
Die Bucht der Verwesung: Epischer Angler

The date field is now wide enough to accommodate the following string.
Something long Joined on 01/01/2005

Both fields also changed so that if they do wrap, they should truncate the beginning rather than the end. Each should also display the full text in a tooltip on HoverIn, though this may display some odd characters if the language is non-English.
Unread 09-30-2009, 04:01 PM
A Weald Wolf

sounds awesome. uploaded it somewhere for testing?
Unread 10-04-2009, 12:29 PM
A Weald Wolf

*sigh* they really did put in another fubar. the zone names for guild halls on (at least) german servers look like this:

Quote:
Drachentaenzer
"Gildenhalle"
notice the newline-character. within your 11.1 guild window, instead of showing the first line of the zone name (like it was within 11.0 and older), the window now displays nothing if the zone name contains a newline. all the other zones show up fine from what ive seen so far.

Last edited by karlheinz : 10-04-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Unread 10-05-2009, 03:56 AM
A Green Troll
Featured

If this is only an issue for the guildhall zone name on German clients and all other zone names seam to display fine, I'm inclined to leave it as is.

I assume the tooltip is working? May not show non-English characters properly, but you can at least figure out what zone they're in by the tooltip?
Unread 10-05-2009, 06:27 AM
A Weald Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
If this is only an issue for the guildhall zone name on German clients and all other zone names seam to display fine
yep
Quote:

I assume the tooltip is working? May not show non-English characters properly, but you can at least figure out what zone they're in by the tooltip?
yep. tooltip is just fine, thats where i got the zone name from in ma previous post.
Unread 10-07-2009, 08:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Wow this took off since i posted it, Thanks Z for the help, so it should work with the v11 update, i'll try installing it now and let you know what happens. Thanks again