EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 11-18-2004, 04:37 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Exp bar with 2 decimal places and debt %

I would like to see an experience bar with 2 decimal places, 32.23%
Also I would like to see a debt %, 3.22% debt.

That would be very precise and very awesome.
Unread 11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Co-Founder
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

the value data doesnt come in decimal points.. but your right a debt % would be nice to show..
Unread 11-19-2004, 07:15 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Beta 1

it's possible to display experience with 1 decimal, like 32.2%. a properly formatted combination of GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent and GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble has the desired effect.
Unread 11-21-2004, 01:09 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Blackburrow

Don't suppose you could show an example of proper formatting to achieve this, could ya?
Unread 11-21-2004, 02:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok, figured out A way of doing it... not sure it's the best way, but it works...

I break the exp number up into 3 fields:

GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent - Number to left of decimal point - Right Justified and offset to the right to cover the %
. - Decimal point as text fiend
GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble - Number to right of decimal point - Right Justified

Take the ExperienceCurrent and . fields, and change the background opacity to 1.0000, and make their fields overlap the ExperienceBubble field.

EXAMPLE:

<Text BackgroundOpacity="1.000" DynamicData="/GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent" Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15" LocalText="99%" Location="238,40" Margin="0,0,-9,0" Name="ExpToNextLevel" ScrollExtent="20,15" Size="20,15" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">99%</Text>
<Text BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15" LocalText="." Location="256,40" Name="TextDecimal" ScrollExtent="5,15" Size="5,15">.</Text>
<Text DynamicData="/GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble" Font="/Fonts.FontArialBold15" LocalText="99%" Location="251,40" Name="ExpDecimal" ScrollExtent="27,15" Size="27,15" TextAlignment="Right" TextAlignmentVertical="Center">99%</Text>

Hope that helps anyone looking for this
Unread 01-27-2005, 04:37 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prelector
Ok, figured out A way of doing it... not sure it's the best way, but it works...

I break the exp number up into 3 fields:

GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent - Number to left of decimal point - Right Justified and offset to the right to cover the %
. - Decimal point as text fiend
GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble - Number to right of decimal point - Right Justified

Take the ExperienceCurrent and . fields, and change the background opacity to 1.0000, and make their fields overlap the ExperienceBubble field.
I'm new to this so I was just curious - given what we know today is this the best way to do this? Does ExperienceBubble include the % character?
Unread 01-27-2005, 04:49 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phred
I'm new to this so I was just curious - given what we know today is this the best way to do this? Does ExperienceBubble include the % character?
Yes both the GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent and GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble contain the % sign. This is why the numbers have to be offset and the opacities have to be set in this example otherwise you would have 24%.42% into level.

There are other ways to do this also. On my UI's created small pages in the parent page (like little windows) and then justified the numbers in those pages.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humudce
There are other ways to do this also. On my UI's created small pages in the parent page (like little windows) and then justified the numbers in those pages.
Phred: Emphasis mine

Justified or offset?
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:18 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phred
Phred: Emphasis mine

Justified or offset?
Actually Both Justified and Offset.

The page I used is to hide the % after the /GameData.Self.ExperienceCurrent, to do this I have justified the TextAlignment Right, and have offset the Location of the text to end at the 8 in my Default text of 218% so that all you really see in the small page element is 218

Then I place a Text "." and for the Experience Bubble value I also created a small page to hide the first number in the /GameData.Self.ExperienceBubble (because the First number in the ExperienceBubble always follows the last number in the ExperienceCurrent. i.e. 42.24% into level is actually 42.4%).
Again the text is justified right and the Location is offset to only show 1 digit and the % sign within the small page.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.