EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default switching between chars with the same name on diff servers only working when...

I have two characters with the same name on two different servers.

I have found the UI mods that allows you to switch between same name chars on diff servers or diff accounts but they only seem to work correctly when you launched the game with launchpad/patcher (EQ2.exe).

I use Decon's Login w/ shutdown addition and there is an option when you click EQ2 button > camp to camp directly to that character but it always goes to the "decon login window". The only time it will work is if i had launched the game using the launchpad/patcher.

It's not the mod, i have tried other mods such as this one and it still goes to the login screen when attempting to switch chars.

I have tried removing the login screen part of the mod and using EQ2's default login screen (Everquest2.exe) it still will not switch characters.

I also tried the oldschool macro:
: ;camp ;cl_autoplay_allowed 1
/cl_autoplay_world servername
/cl_autoplay_char charactername

and it also only works when i launch the game using launchpad/patcher.

Before someone asks, yes, /camp *char* does worth with my other chars no matter which way i launched the game.

It seems as if the command's do not work anymore (since the mods use the same cmds) when you launch the game directly using everquest2.exe

I hope i have explained this thoroughly enough that you understand what i'm talking about and i havent confused the heck outta you!
Unread 06-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Thats because when you run the game via the patcher is sets a cookie like thing that the game read but if you run the game directly the coockie like thing never gets sets so when the game can't find it, it will ask for you login password.
Unread 06-10-2006, 02:01 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Yep - as Landiin said, this is the price you pay for running it directly