Unread 01-25-2006, 10:48 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Release 5.3

Version 5.3 is available for download.

Version notes

Don't forget to rate the download and add it to your favorites if you haven't already.

I am now accepting donation through PayPal, which will also help me gadge how much effort I should put into supporting these UIs going forward.

Unread 01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Antonia Bayle

Donations? Zonx you serious? I'm not sure I like this idea. But then again I'm not the UI builder here. On any not I wish you the best! Great UI by the way.
Unread 01-25-2006, 11:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Kithicor

I don't have PayPal. Anyway to send contribution via Visa, an option also listed?

I could only wonder what you could accomplish working on Blizzard's UI fulltime.
Unread 01-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Premium Member
Premium Member

Server: Oasis

Done !!!
Small request for all the work you do

Wynd
Unread 01-25-2006, 12:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost

Glad to see you back, also Zonx.

Honestly, I don't blame him for putting up a donation button with the amount of feedback and patching done to his interface, and the overall number of features available. Many people do far less on the web and get regular contributions. Plus even dropping a bit here and there helps ensure that this UI stays around. Even though I have stopped using Fetish for the moment, I certainly got a few platinum worth of use out of it.

However I am starting to be of the mindset that once a UI project grows above a certain size it might be useful to bring other developers on board via something like sourceforge. I have played so many games where the latest and greatest tool dies because the original developer has RL issues or just wants to quit the game, and even donations don't ensure against that.
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:16 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Yes I'm serious about allowing users to donate if they wish. It's a DONATION, as in voluntary contribution, as in not required. Several users have asked for this option, so now its available.

You don't need a PayPal account to donate. There's a button mid page if you don't have a PayPal account but wish to donate via credit card

For those wondering why I've decided to allow donations, there's several reasons...

1) Users have asked for this option. Yes some ppl do appreciate the work that much

2) I am hardly playing EQ2 now and considering weather to maintain my account and buy the upcomming expansion just to support the UI. IOW, its actually costing me money at this point to continue support.

3) Initial interest from SOE in hiring me went nowhere fast.

4) Consulting has been horrendously slow this year. Donations could incent me to develop UIs for other games and spend less time job hunting.

5) After a year of dev and support for these UIs with zero compensation for my time, I don't see any problem allowing folks to donate if they wish.
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:51 PM
A Sea Turtle

Zonx.... Love the UI Will there be an update for the fetish broker window so you can choose a level to search for. Right now it is gray to red, but that does not work anymore. Thanks
Unread 01-25-2006, 01:52 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

I am surprised that people should see anything wrong in Zonx asking for donations. He has clearly invested time in the design of the UI. I have found the UI enhances my playing experience. I have made a contribution and would do so in future if the UI continues to develop.
He has a right to request compensation, IMHO. Yet, all he is doing is making it possible for those who wish to make a contribution. He is not saying that payment is needed if you wish to continue to use the UI. I think any critiscism of Zonx for this decision is wrong.
Unread 01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Great UI =)
I just DL'd the update, there seems to be a minor bug with the maps though. Once you open the mini map, you can't get it back to normal size (or I couldn't) and in the process of trying to get the full size back, trying variations of buttons, it will now close when I click anywhere on the map
Everything else works just fine though Thanks for the update!
Unread 01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
A Nerius Seer

Server: Nektulos
Thumbs Up

I just downloaded Fetish Nightfall 5.3, and installed into a clean directory. I noticed two problems:

a) The map gets "confused" when you switch to mini-map format: It is VERY hard to get back to the full-sized map, and the 'close window' option seems to disappear.

b) I get a message about a UI that is not compatible with the current/latest tooltip system. *** NOT A FETISH PROBLEM ***. I overwrote the Fetish file eq2ui_examine.xml with another from a mod that offered a 'condensed Examine Window'. The Examine Window was condensed, but it broke the tooltip feature! I backed out the non-Fetish file and now I have tooltips!

Last edited by Faoj : 01-25-2006 at 05:46 PM.
Unread 01-25-2006, 11:53 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I'm having the same issue with the map not scaling to the normal size.

Also, I do not have an icon representing where I am on the map. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks for the great ui Zonx.
Unread 01-26-2006, 05:01 AM
A Sea Turtle
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Splitpaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by valcra
Donations? Zonx you serious? I'm not sure I like this idea. But then again I'm not the UI builder here. On any not I wish you the best! Great UI by the way.
What you mean? do you have any idea how much time it will take to make as great UI mod as Zonx here has done? time which he could have used to play the game instead of making the mod.

Next time think more before you post.
Unread 01-26-2006, 07:35 AM
A Brown Bear

Default a newbie with fetish asking for help

hello Zonx, and first of all i wanted to thank you for this beutiful job
as i said, i'm very new with fetish nightfall release. i'd first install 5.2 3 days ago and 5.3 yesterday deleting my previous fetish file.
While playing i encoutered 4 problem

* since i'm with 5.3 my personnabar disappeared

* while i was in a group yesterday this message start poping more and more "Storms_berrytiger_eq2_uisettings.ini" could not be written to, your UI, settings can't be saved

*i'va got a bug when i'l=m switching the size of the map.Can't get back to the normal size and just can see a little frame of it

* the quick bar to set adifferent map location just show on the path button of the map window and i can't move it.

so, can you help me to find solutions for these problem coz i really like your work and want to keep going on with it.
Thanks
Unread 01-26-2006, 10:40 AM
A Crazed Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixoth
What you mean? do you have any idea how much time it will take to make as great UI mod as Zonx here has done? time which he could have used to play the game instead of making the mod.

Next time think more before you post.
Yes I have a good Idea of how much time he put ino this UI. ALOT! And yes I do Know that it will take anyone a good deal of time to make a good UI. I have always supported Zonx and this UI and personaly have said this is the best UI. Now as far as "think before you speak" You honestly think I just posted that to raise my post count or something? I did think about it hard. And Why did I post? Becuase the quality of the UI's Zonx puts out will now be determined by the amount in the paypal account. And this worry of mine was reafirmed when Zonx said this

Quote:
2) I am hardly playing EQ2 now and considering weather to maintain my account and buy the upcomming expansion just to support the UI.
So to at least keep this on topic. I shall Say this. Zonx you are a master at what you do. Fetish Nightfall is by far the best UI I have ever seen. I encourage you to keep up the work you enjoy. And I wish you all the best in your employment endevours. SOE was nuts for not snatching you up.

Bye bye Val
Unread 01-26-2006, 01:01 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Zonx,
You've seen me say it in many PM's and public postings, so I don't know that I need to say it again. It would be a huge loss to us, your fans, for you to quit doing what you do. Having said that, I am putting my donation in now. Thank you for helping make EQ2 the best game to play!
Unread 01-26-2006, 02:02 PM
A Coastal Crab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitargo
Also, I do not have an icon representing where I am on the map. Anyone else having this issue?
Same problem for me.

yes good UI!
Unread 01-26-2006, 09:43 PM
A Brown Bear

Default Re Donations

Let's not get carried away.. everyone is saying "people have a problem with it.." Correction: It was a SINGLE person, and they are obviously ignorant of the sheer amount of time Zonx has DONATED to US to keep this UI up and running through the dozens upon dozens of EQ2 updates, some mere days apart.

I'll be donating tomorrow when I get paid. I appreciate all the work Zonx has done, as do 99.9% of the users of Fetish, and if I can help him defray the cost of keeping an account he doesn't use open, so that he can continue to support the UI, I'm more than happy to DONATE to the cause, voluntarily, my choice, no arm twisting necessary...

Zonx, join my guild, Guardians of Honor (lvl 35) on Blackburrow. Trust me, you'll be happy, we have no melodramas, and the guild is all 25+ age wise, many married folks, etc. Mature crowd, with all types of players from casual to hard core. It might make playing fun for you again. I'm mostly serious, but know its just wishful thinking, no reply expected or necessary

Last edited by BWShellShocked : 01-29-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Unread 01-26-2006, 11:26 PM
A Brown Bear

I have been using this a while and love the changes and such, but is there a chance you'll ever add the time remaining to the maintained spells window.I recently changed to another UI just for this feature and would love to see it in Fetish... please please
Unread 01-27-2006, 12:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Just wanted to note that I will gladly donate!!!!!

Been using this UI for a year and it is by far my favorte.
Unread 01-27-2006, 06:34 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Just wanted to give some more info on the map issues I was having. I uninstalled the ui(nightfall version) directory and did a fresh install. Used Classic version this time. I no longer have any issues with the map not normalizing, but on occasion i lose the icon representing me on the map. And with this it does not "unfog" the fog of war in overland zones.

Take care
Unread 01-27-2006, 09:27 PM
A Green Troll
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eralynn
I have been using this a while and love the changes and such, but is there a chance you'll ever add the time remaining to the maintained spells window.I recently changed to another UI just for this feature and would love to see it in Fetish... please please
You mean like THIS ADDON that's been available for 4 months

There are a slew of addons available for Fetish. Most can be found on the Nightfall download page. A few others have been uploaded to the classic page and should require little to no tweaking for Nightfall.

And if that doesn't do it for you... 90% of the single window mods out should work fine with Fetish, they just wont have the same skin. Not a huge prob now that the default UI looks similar to Nightfall.
Unread 01-28-2006, 01:10 AM
A Brown Bear

Ooo awesome thank you I love Fetish.. though the Nightfall one is a little girly for me, so I was extra happy when the classic version wasupdated.Keep up the awesome work Zonx ^_^
Unread 01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

Well, I've reinstalled and am still having the issue with the map not showing my icon, and not updating the fog of war. I have deleted and reinstalled more times than i'd like to admit. =)

This made it quite difficult to explore new overland zones so i just rolled back to 5.2 and it works fine.

Its strange that i'm the only one having an issue like this. Oh well.

I must add the obligutory "Your ui rocks zonx!" Thanks for all the hard work.

Seya
Unread 01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Unrest
Default Pay Zonx please, just like you would any shareware author...

We're good and lucky to have someone work on a custom UI that so many people like.

Go to Tucows or Download.com and try to find a quality utility program that works great and is freeware. You probably aren't going to find much... maybe a free program that updates your system clock or one that frees up system memory, that's about it.

The way shareware works is that you pay the author for their program and when there are major updates (the version number changes a full digit (from like 6.7 to 7.0)).

Zonx is making donations totally voluntary. He is not forcing anyone to pay... no one is going to know you didn't pay. However, as he said, he is looking for work and it is difficult for him to keep up with the expansions. He is also losing interest in EQ2... I think we're fricking lucky he came back...

Donate if you can afford it... pay Zonx like you would any other software author for their time and effort. Right now I've looked at other UIs while Zonx was gone and am glad I am not forced to switch... I'm going to donate as soon as I'm able (not going into details, but I don't get paid even biweekly).

Nobody is going to twist your arm, but pay for the time that is put into the UI and for the enjoyment you get from it being easy to use.
Unread 01-28-2006, 08:46 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Befallen
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrowin
I am surprised that people should see anything wrong in Zonx asking for donations. He has clearly invested time in the design of the UI. I have found the UI enhances my playing experience. I have made a contribution and would do so in future if the UI continues to develop.
He has a right to request compensation, IMHO. Yet, all he is doing is making it possible for those who wish to make a contribution. He is not saying that payment is needed if you wish to continue to use the UI. I think any critiscism of Zonx for this decision is wrong.
Wonderful UI! I am really happy to donate, and can completely understand the reasoning behind it. Just have to wait until payday Feb 1st. I *Love* your UI but I am having the same issue with the Map as quoted above.

Thank you again for all your hard work.