EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 11-13-2005, 01:15 PM
A Griffon

Server: Oasis

Erm the hotbuttons are meant to go red, means you are outa range of what ever you have targetted Its a new handy thingy they put in, you can turn it off in options somewhere.

Attached is the clock Laffs, should I just put up *shudder* with your full download? I just really hate that mini inventory!
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml (2.9 KB, 230 views)
Unread 11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Is there a hotkey to toggle the clock? I dont recall if not make one "show_window(MainHUD.Clock)" and toggle it a few times and the missing windows should pop back.... If so then zone and camp and see if that fixes it..

And yes I know you keep telling me you hate the mini Inv but tough as I like it and its staying you grumpy old sod
Unread 11-13-2005, 07:13 PM
A Griffon

Er yeah, Alt-C I think. Hmm have to try that tomorrow. I aint grumpy either! I just cant see that mini one, and the default one looks fab!
Unread 11-13-2005, 09:58 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Just like the title says this be the support thread now

Hi again.

Does anyone know how to get the compass to display the correct direction? Mine is bugged and shows 90 degrees off of the true heading. Minor thing, but it does get confusing sometimes

Skirlock
Unread 11-14-2005, 03:38 AM
A Griffon

Cooo! I dont care what me missus says about ya, I like you Laffs!

Alt-C (clock) brings it all back! I can live with that now.

So can she. Til she finds sommat else to complain about of course.

Ta!

Unread 11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhog
Cooo! I dont care what me missus says about ya, I like you Laffs!

Alt-C (clock) brings it all back! I can live with that now.

So can she. Til she finds sommat else to complain about of course.

Ta!

Maybe I'll get a few days peace now then

P.s you say you cant see the mini inv I have, Hey I can post you a magnifying glass if you wants mate tis np
Unread 11-14-2005, 05:16 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Compass bugged

Am I the only one that is using this UI and getting the 90 degree compass error? If so maybe my EQ is somehow bugged and needs a purge.

Skirlock
Unread 11-14-2005, 07:11 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirlock
Am I the only one that is using this UI and getting the 90 degree compass error? If so maybe my EQ is somehow bugged and needs a purge.

Skirlock
Cant say I noticed but will have a look anyways.

Yes it was since the last update so I have fixed it now .

Last edited by Laffs : 11-14-2005 at 08:27 PM.
Unread 11-14-2005, 09:03 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffs
Cant say I noticed but will have a look anyways.

Yes it was since the last update so I have fixed it now .

Thanks Laffs. you are awesome
Unread 11-15-2005, 12:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Hiya all,

Ha Madhog, yeah those red buttons threw me for a loop! I didn't realize it was one of those "That's not a bug, it's a feature!" kinda things.. lololol

Laffs, I pulled down the last lite file but did not see the raid window fix. Did I miss something? That is a pesky bug not being able to use 1/2 your window...

Thanks for everything!
Unread 11-15-2005, 12:22 PM
A Griffon

That raid window has been fixed like 3 times now ... I dunno what there doing but it kept breaking untill I re modded the new default one so this one works with the right click menu now so you will be able to set it transparent.... It may also help if you turn the background on for it so you can resize and position it again if you been trying to move the old versions about..........

The raid window should take up the whole of the playable area!
Have frame and backgrounds turned off
And in the right click window options enable "clickthrough" for the window
That way you can move the raid group boxes anywhere you like again and it behaves exactly like the old one did oks...

Look for unpdate tonight as I have been messing with a few other windows also....
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:30 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Crushbone

Raid window is perfect and works as advertised, thank you. Another yet baffling thing for me... The maintained spells... The ones that are put on you by you and everyone else...

I have expanded that window to as large as it will go, but it will only get so big as a small rectangle. I really can't change much of the width or height of it and once a raid drops their spells on me it's REALLY not big enough. And mousing over the spells does not allow you to examine them or to see what they are, it just says "spell effects". Sometimes thats a very important part of this type of gaming.

Any suggestions on what to do, is it something I can do here? I've dinked with it a ton and really haven't had any success in getting it to act like I want it to.

One last little nit picky thingy... I usually run around with my farthest right inventory box open as I keep my much needed and fiddled with goodies in there, weapons, boots, food, mounts etc. On the inventory window only the 4 left inventory boxes show with 2 slots visible for food. Can you remove the food on this setting and get all 6 bags in there and when switched THEN show the food, ranged, shield etc? Now food shows both times you switch.

Many thanks.
Unread 11-16-2005, 05:49 PM
A Griffon

Raid window needs to be toggled to clickthough everytime you damn well in so I have noticed as its not holding settings and wont let me force them either... I say this a soe bug maybe

Maintained is whats on display in the player window I have and if you drag it up a bit it will show all 30 ....

But since your talking about raids I suspect you mean the "Effects" window.... If thats the case you should be able to see all 30 already... If there is more than 30 then not much I can do as SoE only give 30 to work with.. and yes it is a small box and mousing over it for me does show the spell tooltip and right click menu etc etc ... check its location... move it somplace else and try maybe you got another window overlapping it?

The switching on the Inv window works fine also.....

Only thing I can think of is maybe you play on a US server and there has been yet another patch that has broken stuff.... Short of that it all works just fine at my end for now...

Like I say if I cant get it to break then I cant fix it heh
Unread 11-19-2005, 11:39 AM
A Griffon

Default Madhog !!

Oks this should stop you whining, In the next update all window frames and backgrounds can be made transparent ! with the exception of the Boxes for example the boxes around the target windows and the 4 boxes in the player window they remain but there backgrounds are semi-transparent..

Also the alt_windows folder is back and contains the exp window that you lot are curently using and also there is another folder in there that contains the fake inv window / quest helper (Madhog's set up if you like)

This should make things much easier when your updating now

See I do look after you Madhog mate
Unread 11-19-2005, 04:07 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk

Whine whine snivel whine! My turn. I don't want Madhog to get all the attention.

When I installed the 2.7, I nuked the old one, and put this in it's place. I am pretty sure I know how to install this UI by now, but you never know... so this is more a question of, wtf have I done wrong, not you - Sir Laffs. ~brown nose noises~

Here's what it looks like on first load. This is with the replaced server_character_uisettings.ini thingy too, since my existing one (ahem) was also jacked.

http://eq2.theaterofdreamsmt.com/fil.../ui_jacked.jpg

Advice?
Unread 11-19-2005, 05:00 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

Hehe with 2.7 i have an Big Problem

All the Backgrounds like Startmenue or the Chatselection are Black. I cant change any Windows because i dont see the Menue to the Options ...
Unread 11-19-2005, 08:55 PM
A Griffon

Bout time too ya slacker!

Hanta dont go dissing me, if it wasnt for me, and my encouragement, and in fact, request for this version, we wouldnt have it! Hes just the monkey, Im the organ grinder! Who's the daddy!

That a funky screeny btw, Id love to know how you did that hehe, in the mean time I think Id delete my entire Laffs folder, and use Profits, he respects his users. *giggle*. Ok ok, delete entire folder, delete ini's for chars then re unzip everything from a fresh download from here, ie start from scratch.

So when is that going up Laffy? You seen the next LU notes on Test? You're gonna have a version number to play with or sommat.

*boggle*
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:11 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Power Bar - HotKey list

Love the UI. Especially love the 'find now' button for my store!

My power bar is missing. I tried deleting and using your included UIsetting file, but still no luck. Is there a hot-key to show / hide the power bar?

Having a list of the hot-keys to show / hide windows would be awesome!

Any help is appreciated. Kinda hard to play without an idea of how much power I have

Keemo

Last edited by keemo1 : 11-20-2005 at 09:38 AM.
Unread 11-20-2005, 09:56 AM
A Griffon

Still working on that exp bar likes.... Just resize it down and move the inv window back into place nothing is jacked.

Version numbers bah!............

As for black backgrounds, Quite a few of the windows that are not part of the main display jsut use the default blue backgrounds now.... To me it seems that you dont have all of my images in the right place...

The common hotkeys to toggle things is in the read me file in the Laffs Lite folder..
Unread 11-20-2005, 10:12 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by keemo1
Love the UI. Especially love the 'find now' button for my store!

My power bar is missing. I tried deleting and using your included UIsetting file, but still no luck. Is there a hot-key to show / hide the power bar?

Having a list of the hot-keys to show / hide windows would be awesome!

Any help is appreciated. Kinda hard to play without an idea of how much power I have

Keemo
I believe its Alt + C. I started hitting every combo of keys last night cause I was missing mine. heh... took me a while to find that.

Temperomentis
Unread 11-20-2005, 12:50 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempromentis
I believe its Alt + C. I started hitting every combo of keys last night cause I was missing mine. heh... took me a while to find that.

Temperomentis

AWESOME! Thanks! That was it! I thought I hit everything too!

A list of all the hotkeys somewhere would be awesome!
Unread 11-20-2005, 08:38 PM
A Griffon

Kool...

But thers only 3 m8 that triggers stuff in this UI and they in the read me file my friend

Reasan I dont post em here is I dont recall all 3 lmao .. and cant be bothered to look its late and me off to bed lol GL guys lol
Unread 11-21-2005, 03:26 AM
A Griffon

Cheers Laffy, just got the latest version and installed the alt windows, looks good. Im almost done with the notes window, theres just too much duplicated stuff in there like the HQ guides which are already in the Journal tabs etc.

Basically Ive added in the Carpet Quest guide, the Sceptre HQ from DoF, plus something else I forget *giggle*. I could do with an idea for 3 of the pages tho, any suggestions?

This evening Ill post that here for you to add, plus some other files you can lob in the Alt window you did for me (Bag one for starters that I use...) plus my ini and a screeny so people can see the alternative.
Unread 11-21-2005, 09:03 AM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Beta 1

So .. i have all the Images like your version .. but i have an black Startmenue , the Windows Options are a Small Black Box und the UI crashes after 2-3 Sek when i log in.

So i must Say .. the UI dont work by me.
Unread 11-21-2005, 09:47 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ypselon
So .. i have all the Images like your version .. but i have an black Startmenue , the Windows Options are a Small Black Box und the UI crashes after 2-3 Sek when i log in.

So i must Say .. the UI dont work by me.
Realy strange stuff mate lol .... Was you using any other UI before this one? apart from default?

Madhog..

Oks thanks that will be a good help, Its nice to see you actualy doing some work for once , This monkey is getting tired lol