EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 10-04-2005, 05:21 AM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Runnyeye
Default POI's stacking making maps useless!

Hiya's,

Not sure if this has been posted but I'm at work and can't read through to check as I would get a bollocking.

Since LU13 EQ2 map has been for want of a better description "stacking" the POI of zones, for instance if I go from Begger's Court, to the Commonlands, to Nektulous, to Thunderind Steppes, to Antonica. Once I arrive in Antonica bring up the map it has all the POI points of above zones!

As you can imagine (and possibly have experienced) this makes it very hard to use the POI's! Sometimes one zone seems to take over i.e Begger's Court will be up whichever zone I am in, and none of that zones POI bring up tooltips?

Well got to dash, hope someone can help!

Cheers.

Walter.
Unread 10-04-2005, 05:55 AM
A Griffon

Server: Mistmoore

Have you tried reinstalling it? This doesn't happen for most people, or it would be posted all over.
Unread 10-04-2005, 05:58 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

I know it's not quite a 'fix' for the issue, but Zonx (Fetish Nightfall UI author) has made a mod/plugin which allows you to pull up any map regardless what zone you are in.

I have had the same problem as you have, and with the above-mentioned mod I've skirted the issue by loading some random map from the drop-downs and reload the map for the zone I'm in. Doing so has cleared out the PoI's for the other zones.

I wasn't successful in finding this mod/plugin as a standalone download, but I know ThorUI has it included in its UI. Or you could always contact Zonx directly for it.

"Certainty of death! Small chance of success! What are we waiting for?!"

Unread 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter
Hiya's,

Not sure if this has been posted but I'm at work and can't read through to check as I would get a bollocking.

Since LU13 EQ2 map has been for want of a better description "stacking" the POI of zones, for instance if I go from Begger's Court, to the Commonlands, to Nektulous, to Thunderind Steppes, to Antonica. Once I arrive in Antonica bring up the map it has all the POI points of above zones!

As you can imagine (and possibly have experienced) this makes it very hard to use the POI's! Sometimes one zone seems to take over i.e Begger's Court will be up whichever zone I am in, and none of that zones POI bring up tooltips?

Well got to dash, hope someone can help!

Cheers.

Walter.
are you sure that its from eq2map, what other mods do you have? last time i checked this was only caused by having the fetishmaps plugin (which has the bug) so if you could list all the mods you have installed it would help.
Unread 10-05-2005, 05:46 AM
A Grove Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
are you sure that its from eq2map, what other mods do you have? last time i checked this was only caused by having the fetishmaps plugin (which has the bug) so if you could list all the mods you have installed it would help.

Hiya's,

I have alot of mods some of which I can't remember off hand, but I know I have the plugin/mod mentioned above as part of thor!

If there is a way to remove this without having to reinstall all of my ui pieces that would be great.

TTFN.

Walter.
Unread 10-05-2005, 03:00 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Neriak

If it is the fetish map issue, go in to your fetish map ui folder and look for the eq2ui_mainhud_map

file Remove that one from the folder. Run the eq2 maps patcher, and then run the game. You should now have the dfault ui map, and that tend to work prefectly.

If that didn't fix the problem put the eq2ui_mainhud_map back in the fetish folder
Unread 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
A Berserk Golem

Server: Antonia Bayle

LOL ^^^ that was a good awnser lol but...i used to have this problem myself and i use the fetish nightfall UI myself but it seems that since the ver.4.7. to compensate for update #13 i havent ran into this problem at all anymore well at least not yet.
Unread 10-06-2005, 03:57 AM
A Grove Wisp

Default Reinstall

Hiya's,

Decided to reinstall everything as it was really getting annoying.

All fixed now, thanks to everyone for the advice.

Cheers,

Walter.