Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 07-10-2005, 09:48 PM
A Fallen Diplomat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default Sorvani's Combined: Milq's Tradeskill JPE + Tablets II Results

Download can be found : here

I claim no originality in this mod, simply a combination of parts of two mods

1st) Milq's original JPE(just press enter) Tradeskill window before he added everything under the sun.
2nd) Added the ResultColorPage functionality from tablets II

The ResultColorPage is a basic Green/Red box overlaying the event icon if you correctly counter an event or not. It is not 100% effective. There are some buffs that seem to not counter correctly based on this window. whether the buff is countering or not is something SoE will have to tell us.
Unread 07-11-2005, 09:10 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorvani
1st) Milq's original JPE(just press enter) Tradeskill window before he added everything under the sun.
Everything under the sun? All I added to the tradeskill window itself was a display of the health and mana bars. The "Provisioner's Cookbook" is a separate window which, if you don't need the info, can easily be ignored.

Quote:
2nd) Added the ResultColorPage functionality from tablets II
Even ignoring the accuracy issue, I guess I just don't see the point. Given that there's absolutely nothing you can do to change things if you activate the wrong reactive art (or simply wait too long without activating any reactive art), do you really need a visual cue to tell you whether or not the last event was countered correctly?

*Shrug* Well, as they say, to each his own.

I'm sorry you were disappointed with the updates to my tradeskill window, though.

-- Darryl
Unread 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Befallen

i like the tradeskill window "as is" layout wise. i dont' need health and mana bars.. and with the inclusion of

Quote:
(Note that this download includes an eq2ui_mainhud.xml file. If you're using a mod or set of mods that already includes that file, just add a single line -- "<include>eq2ui_mainhud_cookbook.xml</include>" -- to the copy of the file that you already have.)
your mod is beyond a simple drag and drop of an xml file into my eq2map directory. nothing wrong with that, but more than i want. i'm a pieces person with my own tastes.

As for the usefulness of the results box, well there is a debate going among various crafters that certain counters aren't actually countering. during that debate one person mentioned this functionality in the tablets II mod. and they also mentioned that certain buffs did NOT turn the box green when used appropriately. i put this together so i can check through some of these issues myself. it's entirely possible that this box IS working correctly. and that the counter aren't.

Aside from that, there have been a bunch of requests for a visual feedback on successfull/unsuccessful counter. It was something Frizznik posted in one of his posts after the FanFair. Granted what we REALLY want is numerical feedback for parsing but the visual cue was also requested.