EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 04-22-2005, 12:24 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Question Reducing the 3d rendering area.

When i play the game in Windowed mode, i noticed i can shrink the eq2 window down to a rediculous 300X300 box. Yes all my little eq2 gui windows all start to overlap but wow the frame rate shoots through the roof.

I was wondering if there is something i can change in the UIBuilder to that i can run the game full screen 1280x1024 with a small little 3d area say 640X400. so i can get my laptop to run this game at a more respectable frame rate.

The most i can try and do to this is change my letterbox borders to max, so i have a nice thin and long 3d rendering area i.e. 1280x400. Anything i can do to get this down to 640X 400?

Thanks in advance!
BoBBoB

p.s. I have tried messing around with eq2ui_mainhud_letterboxframe.xml but it does not seem to make any difference at all.
Unread 04-22-2005, 12:41 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Currently no way to set the world view width to anything but window width
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:38 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

You are on the right track with the letterbox likes, As this this thing has caused me manny a problem with other custom stuff, but once I found a way around it I use the letterbox now hidden behind the UI pieces...
And yes the frame rate does go up quite a bit with it enabled as parts of the veiw that you cant see anyway due to window pieces being ontop are not getting drawn now..

I havent tried this but I am sure you could push the letterbox amount past its max size if needed... btw its max size is already 3/4 of the screen.