EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Closed Thread
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:18 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default A Compass Mod

Is there a possibility of perhaps having a full round compass. Similar to that in other RPG's. One that will show for example, other players as white dots, grp members as green dots, guild mates as blue dots, NPC's in towns and in the field as yeller dots and the creatures as red dots? The game compass is , well non informative. If authors here ever played Asherons Call, then you know what kinda compass i speak of. Im just courious if one can be done and implimented for others to use? Let me know if this is possible Tnx!!!
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:46 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unkown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreak
Is there a possibility of perhaps having a full round compass. Similar to that in other RPG's. One that will show for example, other players as white dots, grp members as green dots, guild mates as blue dots, NPC's in towns and in the field as yeller dots and the creatures as red dots? The game compass is , well non informative. If authors here ever played Asherons Call, then you know what kinda compass i speak of. Im just courious if one can be done and implimented for others to use? Let me know if this is possible Tnx!!!
The short answer: no
The compass isn't supposed to be a map or a person locator. It tells you which way yer facing (as do normal compasses). If you download the EQ2 map project, the majority of the stuff will be on the map screen (notable npc's mail kiosks, etc) as well as SOE just recently added group dots on the map as well. What your asking is like ... hey, take all the difficulty out of the game so I can play mindlessly! (as if it is THAT difficult in the first place)...
. Yeah, Imma shoosh now, 'fore I get busted.
Closed Thread