EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-24-2013, 11:57 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default Tears of Veeshan UI XML candidate

Attached are the XML files for the ToV update. The big change is to the persona window, some stats have been removed and the mercenary panel underwent changes for merc slots. The files here are for the default persona window only, I'll attach the large variant to another post. Tenatively I'm obsoleting the small variant, the merc panel just won't fit right. I haven't removed the files, and I'll keep it if I can figure out how to make everything fit before ToV goes live.

These files obviously will only work on the beta server.

To install, copy your live UI/ProfitUI folder into BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI. Then copy these files into BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI overwriting the files already there.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_examine.xml (48.3 KB, 558 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_loginscene.xml (24.3 KB, 351 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_mercenary.xml (13.4 KB, 562 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (211.6 KB, 461 views)
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:58 PM
A Griffon

This is the large variant of the persona window. If you want that variant, copy this file into BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI overwriting the file already there.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (212.8 KB, 485 views)
Unread 10-25-2013, 06:53 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Thanks tknaar for the Update, makes thinks a lot easier.

I'm just curious, are you aware that there is a second change in der persona window not covered by the update? There is a new Tab for the channeler pet, at the moment it shows the statspage when you click construct. Would be charming if you can look at it, its essential for costumiziation the channeler pet.

Thanks and hope posting in this thread is okay.
Unread 10-25-2013, 07:56 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajiope View Post
Thanks tknaar for the Update, makes thinks a lot easier.

I'm just curious, are you aware that there is a second change in der persona window not covered by the update? There is a new Tab for the channeler pet, at the moment it shows the statspage when you click construct. Would be charming if you can look at it, its essential for costumiziation the channeler pet.

Thanks and hope posting in this thread is okay.
I'll have to create a channeller and check that. The Construct page went in with GU67, it just was never active. The code's there and there haven't been any changes to it that weren't applied to Profit, so I'm not sure why it's not working.
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:19 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I looked at it by myself and saw, that everythinks seems to be there. Could not find a way so it's working.

But while on the search I just realised an other prob with the channeler. It's still missing in the subclass file, the cures file and probaly the quick raid buttons too. Fixed this by myself, just for your record
Unread 10-25-2013, 10:25 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
I looked at it by myself and saw, that everythinks seems to be there. Could not find a way so it's working.

But while on the search I just realised an other prob with the channeler. It's still missing in the subclass file, the cures file and probaly the quick raid buttons too. Fixed this by myself, just for your record
Bleh, I forgot about those. Should check Beastlord too. And I think it's related to the differences in the stats pages. The large variant of the persona window is working OK, but it has the stats in a slide-out. The default has the pet stats on a separate page. I need to think about the scripting and maybe completely rework it. I'm going to have to investigate whether Beastlord warders are subject to the same bug.
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:52 AM
A Griffon

Well, the default persona window's affected by the same bug for beastlord warders as for channeler constructs. The large variant, which follows the default UI's layout, seems to be unaffected so if you're on beta I'd advice using it instead of Profit's default. I've got the remainder of the windows that needed modified for the added channeler class coded and I'll be checking them and posting candidates tomorrow. The only problem is subclass detection for non-English regions, I'm going to have to see if I can get the class name strings for the other languages.
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:41 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you, tested the bigger variant, working fine.

As for the language, for German it schould be "Bündler" for the Channeler and "Bestienfürst" for Beastlord, just checked and saw, I has allready the Beastlord fix in my file, but made this probally by myself, cause the other languages are not probally translated.

As I am playing a channeler right now on beta, I can give you spell-ids for rezzes and other thinks for the quick buttons later, she is still in her twenties right now
Unread 10-26-2013, 12:55 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Thank you, tested the bigger variant, working fine.

As for the language, for German it schould be "Bündler" for the Channeler and "Bestienfürst" for Beastlord, just checked and saw, I has allready the Beastlord fix in my file, but made this probally by myself, cause the other languages are not probally translated.

As I am playing a channeler right now on beta, I can give you spell-ids for rezzes and other thinks for the quick buttons later, she is still in her twenties right now
The Beastlord strings are in there already. Spell IDs... I'm working on an enhancement to the QRB generator tool to pull those directly from SOE's data feed. I'm pretty sure for cures they use the standard ones all priests use, and one of the items on the to-do list is to see if I can recode the player/group/raid windows to use the game's click-to-cure system since it's been updated to work better with cure potions.
Unread 10-26-2013, 05:51 PM
A Griffon

Default Default persona window

It looks like there's hard-coded behavior. When I try to display the Construct page, I get the Stats II page with character stats. It can't be a coincidence that in the default UI the Construct page is controlled by the v17 flag, which controls the Stats II page in Profit. Looks like I'm going to have to rework flags to make sure pages are controlled by the exact same flag as in the default UI, and then see about controlling the extra pages with custom flags.
Unread 10-27-2013, 06:40 PM
A Griffon

Default Release candidate 2

Attached are the files for pass 2 on the ToV update for Profit. It includes images, cure definitions and the like. Unzip it into UI/ProfitUI on beta.

Note that subclass detection isn't complete. It works for English, but without the internationalized strings for the other languages it can't detect channelers correctly.

It's using the large version of the persona window, since there appears to be some hard-coding going on with tab selection that forces certain behavior specific to the default UI's layout. I need to figure a way around that, if I can't then that spells the end of Profit's normal persona window since only one laid out like the default UI's window will work correctly.

Oh, and beware: it has a new version of the quick-raid buttons definitions in it, adding an entry for Channeler. If you've already customized yours then unzip into a different folder first, add the Channeler block to your own _ProfitUI_QuickRaidButtons.txt file, and delete the one from the zipfile before copying the folder over to UI/ProfitUI. If you've customized cures, check the differences between your copy and the _ProfitUI_Cures.txt file here and edit yours as needed rather than overwriting it with the new one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ToV_rc2.zip (361.4 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by tknarr : 10-27-2013 at 06:49 PM.
Unread 11-08-2013, 04:11 PM
A Griffon

Default Release candidate 3

You can find the files referred to on this post:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...6&postcount=10
I don't want to take up space posting an 800K zipfile twice.

Attached is the release candidate (default color scheme) for ToV. I got the default persona window working correctly, or at least I'm pretty sure I did. This upload's also got the couple of graphics updates that came in, so all the new elements will render correctly. The other color schemes are done and will be available immediately, but for size reasons I can't include them here. The ToV_rc3.zip archive is set up for unzipping into your BetaServer/UI/ProfitUI folder after copying it down from the live UI/ProfitUI folder. Let it overwrite files and you should be set. It also contains a "_eq2ui_mainhud_persona (large)" folder with the large variant of the persona window for ToV for people who prefer it. Just copy the eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml file from the large-variant folder up into the ProfitUI folder and you're set.

I'm also attaching a copy of the eq2.ini file that'll go out with ToV with the cl_ui_subdir and cl_ui_skinname entries in the correct order to get things loaded correctly. Just unzip the eq2.zip archive to get the eq2.ini file (I can't upload a .ini file directly).

Sorry, but the small variant's being dropped for the moment. With the more complex scripting it's got fighting with SOE's hardcoding and the changes to the merc window I just can't fit everything into that small a space and make everything work correctly. I haven't deleted the files from my working copy nor removed the variant completely, just set it in the updater so it won't download anything and made it clear it's not working. I may come back to it, but it's going to involve reworking the row template for the merc window (SOE's, which the default and large variants use, just eats up too much space to fit in the tiny area available here) which means adding another file to maintain to the other variants as well.
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:37 PM
A Griffon

And of course no sooner do I get RC3 ready than they go and make changes to the merc page in the persona window. They were also supposed to make changes to the broker window, no sign of those though. I hope this isn't a sign that there's going to be significant changes that we won't see until ToV actually goes live...
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:34 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I hope this isn't a sign that there's going to be significant changes that we won't see until ToV actually goes live...
They would neeevver do that...

For one, they (SOE) haven't even added the icons for the 321-340 AA dings in the guild window either, so at minimum that should hopefully still be coming.
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:13 PM
A Griffon

And to complicate things, the changes they did to the Mercenary page in the character window aren't even RIGHT! In the default UI there's placeholder text where there should be values, the row template for the current merc seems to be too wide for the space... I've got the changes in progress but it'll be Monday at the earliest before I see what changes in the XML when they fix things.

Attached is a candidate large-variant persona window for Profit. It currently matches current beta, which means bits are breaking the same way they are in the default UI. I think I'm going to have to alter the row template for the current merc too to make things fit right. It currently works, but the class icon's too close to the edge to look right.

Edit: added the row template files with things tweaked to fit better in Profit's layout. The same changes make the default UI look better too, so I'm going to watch for any cleanup that makes these files unneeded.

2nd edit: removed the row template for non-current mercs, the modification to line up the type icons interferes with the scrollbar so that modification isn't viable.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (208.2 KB, 258 views)
File Type: xml eq2ui_listboxrow_mercenary_current_template.xml (978 Bytes, 282 views)

Last edited by tknarr : 11-09-2013 at 01:47 PM.
Unread 11-09-2013, 02:35 PM
A Griffon

The merc pane in the persona window is really wonky in the default UI. Right now the latest persona window files here are behaving the same way the default window does. Yes, default's unable to bring up the paperdoll window for your current merc. Yes, default won't let you resume a suspended merc if you haven't paid SC to unlock it. I can see ways to fix both by coding in Profit, but I want to wait until Monday evening to see what fixes SOE makes first.

I'm still hoping to have Profit sent up early enough to be on the updater Tuesday afternoon after the servers come back up, the volatility of the merc pane's the only thing standing in the way.
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:06 PM
A Griffon

Here's the regular persona window updated with the new merc pane changes.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml (204.8 KB, 380 views)
Unread 11-10-2013, 01:57 PM
A Griffon

They've got the merc pane working right and didn't make any UI changes for it, so things are looking good for a Monday-evening upload with the update posted by Tuesday. At worst I think it'll only be a few hours after the servers come back up before Profit's updates are available.

Assuming, that is, no unexpected changes to the UI go live that weren't in beta.
Unread 11-11-2013, 06:26 PM
A Griffon

And since I haven't seen any updates to beta today, the ToV update is packaged and on it's way to Kaldran to post. It has a warning message, it shouldn't be installed until ToV actually goes live.
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:16 AM
A Griffon

Post-ToV plans:

I still need to get the international strings for the Channeler class name to add to the subclass detector code. Right now it works for English but not other languages. I'll do an update with this as soon as I have the strings. Can't get them until it goes live, since beta was an English-only environment.

I had added the upgrade-to-85 icons on the persona window, but I'm leaning towards removing them. You can upgrade to 85 from character select, and between that and being able to create level 85 heroic characters directly and being able to buy an upgrade token from the Marketplace I don't see the persona window buttons being used a lot.

I plan on going through the window elements and recent things like the heroic character buttons fit better with Profit's look. This isn't really hard, more tedious repeating it for 70 color schemes (and a chunk of it has to be done manually on each one, it's not just repetitive copy-and-paste).