EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Site Forums > Site Help & Suggestions

Unread 10-20-2013, 11:30 AM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Butcherblock
Default attempted report for roi failed

i attempted to report a bad roi or poi and the system returned i needed to log in. when i entered my user/pass it said it was unrecognized. i attempted to request a password reset and the system returned that the user name ( the one in am using now) was not found. I attempted to register. the system said the user was in use and gave me error returns on your great anti spam tests that i'd failed. I know for a fact that I answered the questions correctly and that the captcha digits were entered correctly.

after the third attempt i tried to send a contact message about the problem. again i failed the prove i am a human tests repeatedly. i seriously think you need to realize than not everyone that plays these games are 13 year old nintendo or ps3 twitch players and i do not need to play a reactionary game to send you a message to report a problem and get help. in fact i am a 51 year old recreational player that, unlike the 13 year old twitch, will stop and take time to try to help with errors and corrections to improve every users overall use and experience in something.

so fix the system. get rid of the arcade verification. get it so i can log in via the in game browser and submit information to help you make your site and tool that much better.

thank you,
oldgamster
Unread 10-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Hi oldgamster,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble logging into our site it sounds like you were having a real frustrating time and I apologize for that. So are the problems you are experiencing only happen when using the in game EQ2 web browser? If they also happen on your desktop browser I'd like to know what flavor and version of browser you are using so I can test my self.

In response to the website new registration...
I will look at that asap and get that fixed. Sorry for the trouble and thanks for letting me know.

In responce to the contact us form...
I'm not sure what you are talking about twitch games? Could you explain a little more on what it was having you do? I'm an old gamer my self and the captcha used on our contact us form should only make you match things, or put things inside something, or move a car to a location. It shouldn't require any gaming skills at all. At least the ones I've encountered didn't. The problem is the amount of spam we get if we dont use this is insane and we found that getting to real emails took us much longer. We tried using recaptcha but I personally find that near impossible to use/read. This one where you simply move an object(s) to an area it asks you too seems much more friendly and simple. If you have come across a captcha you know works well or something that filters spam please let us know.

I do want to thank you for caring enough to let us know about these problems. Most people would have just said forget it so I really appreciate you finding a way to contact us. I'll check out the in game browser and see if that is fixable, unfortunately the version of firefox SOE embeds into EQ2 is pretty darn old now and may not support the secure hash we are using in our cookies to keep you logged in. However I'll take a look at that this week and see if there is something I can do.

Thanks!

Last edited by Dolby : 10-20-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:18 PM
Premium Member
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I am also having a problem using the in-game browser to log in. I logged in and out repeatedly suing my normal browser fine but when I try to do it with the in-game one it says its an invalid username or password. I'm not sure how long this has been going on since I don't use the system much.
Unread 11-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

The reason for this is because we switched to using a ssl cert for login and for some reason the EQ2 browser either does not like ssl at all or doesnt like our cert.