EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-18-2006, 11:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen
Default Combining multiple windows in one?

I've looked in every place I can think of, and can't find any info on if this is possible or not, any imput appreciated.

I'd like to make a new window that includes the Player, Group, Target and Implied target, AA xp and adventure xp windows. I know some windows are hardcoded and can not be combined with other windows, so I'm wondering if these are some of them?

Thanks for any insight
Unread 05-18-2006, 11:54 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerianah
I've looked in every place I can think of, and can't find any info on if this is possible or not, any imput appreciated.

I'd like to make a new window that includes the Player, Group, Target and Implied target, AA xp and adventure xp windows. I know some windows are hardcoded and can not be combined with other windows, so I'm wondering if these are some of them?

Thanks for any insight
In eXtremeUI I combine The player window and maintained window into the start button. As long as the gamedate is there you can combine what ever you want into one window. I wouldn't create a new window for doing this though I would pick one of the normal windows and combine into it because its pos and things are saved in the uisettings.ini file.
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:13 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I was thinking of basing everything off of the group window, and have the others placed around it. Thanks for the quick reply and help, much appreciated!
Guess my next hurdle is to figure out the name of the image I'm wanting to use lol.
Unread 05-19-2006, 08:45 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
I wouldn't create a new window for doing this though I would pick one of the normal windows and combine into it because its pos and things are saved in the uisettings.ini file.
New windows (not included with the default UI) will also save their location, size and opacity in your user preferences file.

I'd use on of the existing windows because the includes for extra UI pieces tend to wander off and get lost (at least for me) but never had trouble with them not saving.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
A Griffon
Featured

What I'm trying to do is use the Group window and space it so the first three group members are on one side of an image while the last 2 are to the right of it. Going to attempt using margins for it *crosses fingers*. Then just place the rest of them above that and below. I was going to try to mostly redo the enitre group window, keeping with the same sizes if possible, cause I'm a bit too new at this and it takes me a very long time to make a whole new window lol. Not sure what you mean about the extra includes going missing though. Guess I should have said revamping the group window to fit a bunch of others instead of "making a new one", I just ment that I want to use a new image to fit those pieces into rather than just a plain frame with them all seperate.

Also, I've found I don't know the actual name of the image I want to use. I know the name of the .tga file but not the one for the specific piece... Is there a program I can dig thru that image with that won't mess up opaquities and such? Photoshop doesn't seem to do it w/o causing that, but again, I'm very new to this and know nothing about image editing.

Thanks again for all the help! Much appreciated!
Unread 05-19-2006, 12:54 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Everfrost

Quote:
Not sure what you mean about the extra includes going missing though.
You won't have to worry about it since you're modifying the group window. But when you make entirely new windows like the info center, or the map spoiler, or my timer window you have to add an include line to tell the game to load this additional file. Those lines tend to get overwritten a lot and instead of your nice pretty window, you just get a black square where the window should be.

Sorry, I can't give you any graphic editting tips. I do not use any custom graphics in my interfaces even though i do consider it from time to time. Good luck with your mod.
'Tetht the printhiple, tetht the printhiple,' muttered Igor. 'Thorry, thur, but Igorth do not "tetht the printhiple". Thtrap it to the bench and put a good thick bolt of lightning through it, thatth our motto. Thatth how you tetht thomething.'
Unread 05-19-2006, 01:01 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks! Ya I do know what you mean, I've had the black windows before

I've got the image showing in game now, and the group members showing up, but I'm finding it won't let me place the members where I want them in the window, it still fills the group from left to right with like 1 pixel between the member box... Do you know of a way to stop this? I've tried setting them each to fixed,fixed, setting the locations of each, but it completely ignores this and continues the default grp fill. Also, the disband and lfg buttons, they are staying to the right of each window, making it hang outside of the image/window.. I was wanting to make it go to where the next group member *should* go, but now I'm thinking maybe have it sit at the bottom of the window and disappear once the grp is full. Those buttons aren't hard coded to be where they are .. are they? lol

I should probably go make a back up of this files before I mess it up beyond repair lol
Thanks again for your help!
Unread 05-21-2006, 10:52 AM
A Griffon
Featured

When changing the nesting of the group window, what is the correct command to use so it pulls in the members data? I'm not able to find this, and the lines I've tried aren't working Thanks for any help!

Edit: Added in the xml for the group window if that will help.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml (36.0 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Savie : 05-21-2006 at 01:33 PM.
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
When changing the nesting of the group window, what is the correct command to use so it pulls in the members data? I'm not able to find this, and the lines I've tried aren't working Thanks for any help!
For the group member 1 name you would do:

<Text Location="1,1" Font="/TextStyles.Normal.NoramalStyle" DynamicData="/GameData.Group.Group_1.Name" DynamicDataFilter="0006" Size="16,45">longestnameposs</Text>

DynamicDataFilter="0006" Tells the game to filter out every thing but the text and the tooltip.
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin
DynamicDataFilter="0006" Tells the game to filter out every thing but the text and the tooltip.
Will this force it to pull the info for all 5 members? Or will I need to add that to each one. Also, they are sitting in a frame, that I added in, will I not need to add parent info for that window if using the DD filter?

Sorry for all the stupid questions
Unread 05-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
Featured

Quote:
Will this force it to pull the info for all 5 members? Or will I need to add that to each one. Also, they are sitting in a frame, that I added in, will I not need to add parent info for that window if using the DD filter?

Sorry for all the stupid questions
Yes you will need to add the DD info for each object that you want to reflect a group members data. As long as you directly call the DD it doesnt ( shouldn't) matter where you place the object it should pull that data from the game and display it.
Unread 05-21-2006, 02:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Ok, I'm obviously retarded cause I'm not getting this lol.

I tried that line between these two:

<Page Activated="true" eq2usescomwndcontrols="true" Name="Frame" OnShow="parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true parent.parent.GroupMembers.visible=true" ScrollExtent="111,224" Size="111,224">

<Page BackgroundColor="#FFFFFF" Location="3,7" Name="GroupMember1" PackLocation="left,top" PackLocationProp="0003/0001,0007/0001" ScrollExtent="105,39" Size="105,39">

And also after the second line, and neither worked

It still shows like the pic below in game.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000037.jpg
Views:	422
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	4928