Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 01-22-2005, 12:44 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Cool dynamic sig (my own)

Check this out

I got my php signature code from the eq2 forums and molded it how I liked, slapped in a background image, and woot. My site picture links to my site, and my eq2 picture links to my alts. Whatta think?

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 12-18-2005 at 02:54 AM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 12:47 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Well isn't that snazzy...

Count me as jealous.

Quib
Unread 01-22-2005, 12:48 AM
A Griffon
Featured

The text is all white (for some reason it's not cooperating with me), but it's acctually making it transparent, so to see it better, switch to the light style on the forums
Unread 01-22-2005, 04:39 AM
A Griffon

Server: Blackburrow

i want one!
If i remember correctly that site wasnt english.. so .. linky?
oh and i suck at php so some instuctions would be nice

it looks like dos...

Last edited by insomniac : 01-22-2005 at 04:41 AM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 10:04 AM
a hedgehog

Server: Nagafen

wow thats great, now teach us how ya did it heheh
________
AngyStrip4U cam

Last edited by tonyis3l33t : 09-16-2011 at 03:24 AM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 02:32 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac
i want one!
If i remember correctly that site wasnt english.. so .. linky?
oh and i suck at php so some instuctions would be nice

it looks like dos...

Pffft, I didn't use a site generator, lol. Only used the code to pull the data from the site, the rest is my doing.

If you wanted instructions, you would have to have a host that has PHP and GD support. Unless you got me to host it for you.... hehe.

Basically the code pulls the data and assigns them to different data variables...

$traits_a[x] where x is a number
$guild_a[x]
...and...
$attr_a[x]

Then I just used what PHP knowledge I had of creating dynamic images, placed it where I wanted and voila.

I asked, and attempting to pull data from the Achievements page, I could care less about showing my attributes, but I decided to fill some space

All I have to do is open the file, and change the playerId to change what shows up, but what is on there right now is my main, and click the pic links to my alts page. So all is well.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 01-22-2005 at 02:35 PM.
Unread 01-22-2005, 05:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Updated. I figured out how to get the data from the achievements page too. Woot woot.

*edit* Oh yeah, it didn't like my BG picture before I think cause it had layers, so I'll stick with simple bg, and replace logo with text.
Unread 02-01-2005, 09:11 AM
A Griffon
Featured

I discovered my problem with background images and color, in that it was only when I used a GIF, and used the PHP gif functions. They still worked, but text was all in white. It works great with JPEGs though. So hopefully I can come up with a more creative background. I really like Humudce's BG
Unread 02-01-2005, 12:18 PM
A Griffon

I actually have 2 different backgrounds that I use. I tried to do a Merge File but it doesn't work with Gif files so I did 2 different backgrounds and change them depending on the Alignment of my Guild Members for example.

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-03-2005, 09:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Fonts are fun!

Did a little more modifying to my sig now. To better see the difference.

Here's the old one:

And the new:

*reload the page if both don't show*

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 10-09-2005 at 12:27 PM.
Unread 02-04-2005, 04:14 PM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

This is not terribly difficult to accomplish. I acctually wrote my own signature generator from scratch and added some other features.

Namely I was tired of having to parse data from the eq2players website all the time, so I had it update an entry in a database instead, with a timestamp. If the data in the db is more than 4 hours old, it grabs the data from eq2players again, and updates the database.

The image I generate is then always pulled from my database. This reduces how many reads and parses have to be done from eq2players, as well as adds fault tolerance (in the event eq2player is down, my script will just use the database data without updating) I then added a feature that allows it to dynamically use a different background image based on what the user wants (passing a variable) and if the one they choose doesn't exist it will automatically use a default background image...

Another idea that I may add to my next version is the ability to instead put your personal stats (health, defense, etc...) in a tooltip for the image (alt attribute) instead of in the image itself.

Of course this would all be super easy if they just went ahead and added xml data to eq2players so we can get the data pure without having to parse it from an html page...
Unread 02-04-2005, 06:06 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

ecellent work 0ctavius! any plans on releasing it to the public?
Unread 02-04-2005, 06:24 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I've had that idea since the begining of this discovery... but I haven't done much research on doing it. Having a database isn't a problem in my case though, have a phpBB forums at my site. But it is a good way of doing it. I wonder if it states somewhere when the stats get updated... It seems the player page gets updated much faster than the achievements page. And even longer would be the history of when and where you level'd up.
Unread 02-04-2005, 08:33 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Guk
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
Check this out

I got my php signature code from the eq2 forums and molded it how I liked, slapped in a background image, and woot. My site picture links to my site, and my eq2 picture links to my alts. Whatta think?
Drumstix42... I've searched for a while now on the SOE forums site and can't find the source code for all this... can you be more specific? Thanks!
Unread 02-04-2005, 11:52 PM
A Griffon
Featured

It was in EverQuest II : The Help Desk : EQ2Players

topic was called somethign like Integrating EQ2 roster

there's a zip in the first posts, comes with guild roster code, and player code, the rest is for you to figure out
Unread 02-05-2005, 11:08 AM
A Grizzled Badger

Server: Crushbone

I will release a version that for the public soon. I have gotten a lot of requests for it. To be honest it is not completely dynamic in that some things like the guild id is hardcoded. I need to move it to the config file or even pass it as a variable before moving forward. Then I have a few small things to add to make something I am happy enough with to release to the public...

here is an example:
http://eq2.obsidian-aegis.com/script...9203&img=panel

Last edited by 0ctavius : 02-07-2005 at 01:03 PM.
Unread 02-05-2005, 12:15 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Yeah but stuff like that, using the PHP extension, you can't use that on all boards. That's why I use the GIF extension and use an HTACCESS file to let file be read as PHP.
Unread 02-05-2005, 01:00 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ctavius
I will release a version that for the public soon. I have gotten a lot of requests for it. To be honest it is not completely dynamic in that some things like the guild id is hardcoded. I need to move it to the config file or even pass it as a variable before moving forward. Then I have a few small things to add to make something I am happy enough with to release to the public...

here is an example:
http://eq2.obsidian-aegis.com/script...9203&img=panel
Wow looks nice...

[Guild Leader] Tiggler is my Main, Humudce is my Alt on Blackburrow.
Unread 02-05-2005, 02:06 PM
A Sea Turtle

Server: Permafrost

yeah it does!
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Steward of the Faithful

Another question: is there any way to force GD to add a stroke to the text? Working on a personalized theme, but I need a stroke around the text (outline) for it to show up legibly.
Unread 02-15-2005, 11:56 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Another question: is there any way to force GD to add a stroke to the text? Working on a personalized theme, but I need a stroke around the text (outline) for it to show up legibly.
I highly doubt it. There's some texts out there with stroke on them already, if you can find any good ones
Unread 02-15-2005, 12:37 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42
I highly doubt it. There's some texts out there with stroke on them already, if you can find any good ones
Hm…guess I should start looking into making my own stroked font. Can't be that much harder than the other font work I've done.
Unread 02-15-2005, 12:50 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Mistmoore

sweet it's working
Thx for all the help. btw why it doesn't always show up here when i reply even if i check the "show sig" when i reply...
Unread 02-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Steward of the Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degolas
sweet it's working
Thx for all the help. btw why it doesn't always show up here when i reply even if i check the "show sig" when i reply...
Dolby has the forums set to only display sigs once per page to decrease load/scroll times.
Unread 05-13-2005, 06:54 PM
A Coastal Crab

Default New Dynamic Sig generator eqsig.com

Hey guys I have been working out the bugs on my sig generator in the past few weeks and it is now working pretty well. Its only been up for about two weeks and already have over 100 people sign up. I am using it right now in my signature, and there are random example sigs on the website.

http://www.eqsig.com

EDIT: for some reason this got merged w/ this post, which was totally a different service. remotely hosted and i have wrote my own code

Last edited by godsfshrmn : 05-13-2005 at 07:48 PM.