Unread 03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Default Offline Selling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve "Moorgard" Danuser
Phase two is an even bigger change. If you are not online and you leave your store open, items in your house vault can still be purchased from the broker. That's right: we will be introducing offline selling.

You'll still need to remain online and in your home if you want to sell items from your character's personal inventory, but everyone will be able to maintain their store via their house vault regardless of whether they are online at the time. This will fulfill our goal of keeping the number of items in the marketplace under control while providing a lot more flexibility to our players.
Ask SOE #33

Very interesting.
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:20 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

That's pretty cool.
Unread 03-26-2005, 05:23 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

I've been waiting and hoping that this would be put back in the game "officially" since they introduced the room vault. When it was originally put in game, you could sell from the vault (at least while you were in your room). I was very heartbroken when they removed the ability the next patch. All I can say is I'm anxiously awaiting to see the little note in the daily patch messages that tell us it's available again.
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:09 PM
EQ2MAP Updater Author

sorry to sound stupid, but i havent played in a while, do we currently have a room vault and just cant sell from it?
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:16 PM
A Sea Turtle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco-man
sorry to sound stupid, but i havent played in a while, do we currently have a room vault and just cant sell from it?
Correct. You can store things there . As it is now It's really just extra bank slots.

I am also looking forward to this change. My current problem is that with the daily reboot I'm never selling while I'm at work. If I come home from work and adventure late into the night. I am only selling for a few hours in the middle of the night until the reboot when not many people are on. Selling from the vault while I'm adventuring will help with this. As to the offline selling part I'm wondering if when the servers come back online each day, will they remember that your store was open and resume selling from it.

This has got to cause prices to drop as there will be more items listed and more competition.
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:45 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

LORD that is going to be nice..!!!

By the way.. Uh.. don't Collect all belongings from your house, and then relinquish owner ship, and expect to get your bank vaults! LOL..

I found this out, I moved rooms, and realized my bank vaults were no place to be found. I had to go back and purchase access to my house again, and there they were patiently waiting to be picked up!

I bugged it.
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:48 PM
A Griffon

What I don't understand is the nightly server reboots. I play MMOGs so that I have a persistent virtual world available. EQ1 and PlanetSide provide this and it really rubs me the wrong way that EQ2 doesn't.

I too hope this new feature will resume selling when the servers come back up.

Quib
Unread 03-27-2005, 02:58 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quib
What I don't understand is the nightly server reboots. I play MMOGs so that I have a persistent virtual world available. EQ1 and PlanetSide provide this and it really rubs me the wrong way that EQ2 doesn't.

I too hope this new feature will resume selling when the servers come back up.

Quib

I am not sure where you are located Quib but the only daily resets I get are typically 6:00 AM Central Time US.
I though that they were restarting the servers at nigth also, but after doing some research I discovered it was my ISP doing maintenance work during the thier work window. They would take the ISP servers down for just a few seconds to minutes and boot my connection. So would wake in the morning to find myself booted from game with bags full of goodies and no coin! DOH!