EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Chit-Chat

Unread 12-19-2005, 02:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Just wondering - UI installer

First off, good job to all the authors, your doing a fantastic job.

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone is interested in a UI Manager Application of sorts. To help download, install, switch, upgrade, de-install, ect?

Thought I would make a post here, instead of just uploading something that no one wants or needs.

I have done a couple of proof of concept apps, that does the following:

1) Opens a custom browser, log in, browse for a complete interface set, download it, extract and installs the interface and sets up the uisettings file(s) in one shot. Haven't gotten to the interface pieces yet....

It also backed up the uisetting files , so they could be restored.
Also a note here: when downloading the proof of concept app knew from which category it was found in.

2) Second proof of concept is a local library of sorts for UI's.

wheee... fun hun? Anyways, I started this basicly to make it easier for my wife to install/update an interface. And I got to thinking, esp. with all the updates to the UI's and hotfixes... this would be a handy sort of app to have around. Oh yeah, EQ2Map inspired me !!

There is more to the application that I am planning, And can outline in another post if anyone is interested.

Any thoughts, comments?
Unread 12-19-2005, 02:59 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Well, I know this was made:
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3529

But not sure how much you wanted to build upon that, or how completed this UI Install is.
Unread 12-19-2005, 04:43 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yeah I seen that, looks pretty good. But I want to take it a few steps further. Like I mentioned in the first post, from downloading, checking for updates, applying hotfixes automaticly.

i.e. It will be able to check for updates to the complete ui, and look for hotfixes and apply them, once the end user approves, automaticly. Much like EQ2Map does now. And in truth, I will probably add an option that once the application closes, it launches EQ2map to up that the maps, if it is installed.

so basicly... what I want to be able to do is launch one program, update ui's as needed and update maps and start eq. See I am really lazy, just trying to streamline the whole process lol