EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > EQ2MAP

Unread 11-27-2007, 05:13 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default jarsath map

the map of jarsath map is difficult to use because it is divided into halves.
As a result I cant see what is on the other side of the map and it makes it hard to know which direction to go.

Is there anyway possible to make Jarsath one complete map of the zone instead of a divided map so one can see the entire zone not just one half of the zone at a time. It would make travel easier but would greatly enchance looking for the quest givers locations when one has muptiple to turn in and has forgotten the locations of them.

Thanks either way I enjoy the maps and have since using them on day one.
You guys do a great job.
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Hmmm, assuming there isn't a maximum map image size reason, and assuming the maps are equal size and land area, I don't think it'd be too hard to merge the maps and use a single one with the combined zonerect... but I add the caveat that I haven't done much with EQ2MAP, editing stuff wise.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Bacon Eater
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Admin
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Any one is welcome to code up an example and see if it works. I'm not sure what would happen if 2 maps from SOE were combined, not sure if there is any hard codeing like there is in other older SOE map zones.

Would also take some modifications to the website as the image size at the moment is hard coded as well.

Keep in mind the map system you see now is not the new map system SOE is working on. At FanFaire a new map system was talked about with full large maps and a mini map on your hud. This was mentioned to be released after RoK in a game update for every one... how far after RoK is any ones guess at the moment.

Last edited by Dolby : 11-27-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Unread 11-27-2007, 06:50 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Might even work since as far as I saw the POIs can extent past the current image size (at least the tracking X can be visible outside of it).