Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Missing T8 common and rares in the broker pull down menus

How do you add the T8 Rares?
Unread 11-25-2007, 06:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

the auto-updating version already has them, I'll add them to the manual download soon.
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:45 PM
A Berserk Golem

Does this go for the T8 common as well? I dont see them anywhere
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:59 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, commons have never been part of the predefined presets, but you can add them yourself by editing the market favorites files.
Unread 04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
A Berserk Golem

Thanks for the info gm9
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:21 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Trying to update the Market Favorite Files for the german server (and will off course upload them for you to distribute) - just trying to find out what codes to use.

I am trying to include umlauts ( ä ö ü Ä Ö Ü ) - do i have to use the html codes ( ä for ä ) or rather the xml codes ( ä for ä )? Also, am I then saving this file ANSI coded or UTF-8 coded?

Thanks for your help - hope I can help to improve your awesome UI so it can be used more easily on the german servers as well

Cheers,

RegenCoE
Unread 04-24-2008, 01:07 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenCoE View Post
... I am trying to include umlauts ( ä ö ü Ä Ö Ü ) - do i have to use the html codes ( ä for ä ) or rather the xml codes ( ä for ä )? Also, am I then saving this file ANSI coded or UTF-8 coded? ...

RegenCoE
same problem here, but i guess this is the answer ... http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...=german+market
Unread 04-24-2008, 03:26 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Correct, that's unfortunately the answer. Text containing non-US-ASCII characters cannot be copied from one interface element to another. This is also the reason why the cures and the macro buttons won't work on players with names containing non-US-ASCII characters and the click to search/browse functions won't work for item/quest names containing non-US-ASCII characters.

It also does not look like this is going to be fixed anytime soon. Maybe if everybody started to /bug and /feedback this...
Unread 04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Heyas folks,

well, since giving up isn't in my nature I found a way to make these files work on the german client (though Sony's encoding is a serious mess ). I gladly share those with you - you can get them right here: http://members.circle-of-elements.co...igermarket.zip

A quick heads-up though - 99% of the dropdown searches work fine (I just utilized EQ2's automatic wildcard funtion) - but a minor 1% requires manual attention.

Those 1% are marked with two exclamationmarks at the beginning of the itemname in the dropdown filed ( so it'd read "!!<itemname>"). When searching for thoese items, the player needs to manually exchange oe with ö, ae with ä, ue with ü or sz with ß - depending on what he's searching for.

I know this is no elegant solution - but until Sony fixes the encoding mess - or provides us with a way to store utf-8 characters, it'll have to do - and works surprisingly well

Two small notes to gm9:
1) I changed the layout of the files so that if there's a level shown in brackets it'll now be shown BEFORE the itemname (as I figured level or slots are more important than the actual name). Hope you don't mind me messing with your work.
2) Fell free to include the files in your next releases.

Hope these files will help the german players.

Enjoy,

Regen
Unread 04-25-2008, 01:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice, thanks. Never mind the layout change, that's just a question of personal preference, I don't have strong feelings about that.

For the next release I'll make the market window detect the language of your installation and automatically select the correct presets.
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:05 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Yay, cheers mate and thanks already.

As for the layout change - well the problem was that most german translations were due to SOE's incompetent translation team way longer than the original english name - thus the bracets were sometimes not even visible anymore
Unread 04-25-2008, 04:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The longer translations is actually a problem for most of the market window as far as I recall. I kinda resist making everything bigger to fit all the translations (and it would be a pain checking every window in all four languages), but I'm unsure whether you would prefer to have the text displayed in English only (not for the favorite dropdowns of course, but for the rest of the window).
Unread 04-25-2008, 06:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I for my part like it the way it is And the one thing that actually did become a problem (the slots and levels not showing in the dropdown) I solved by putting it at the beginning of the description
Unread 05-07-2008, 09:20 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey there gm9,

just updated the files in the .zip file in the link I provided - some minor spelling errors have been fixed, in case you wanna include the files in the next push.

Cheers mate
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:45 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks, language detecting version of the market window with your favorites is now on the updater. Currently it's only detecting German localized installations as there is no other translation, but if someone submits a French or Japanese translation those will go in as well.
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks mate Will try to keep them up-to-date should I find more errors or should we get new tiers for crafting etc.

PS: Wooohoo! I'm in the patchnotes - I'm famous
Unread 05-08-2008, 11:31 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegenCoE View Post
PS: Wooohoo! I'm in the patchnotes - I'm famous
Haha, patch notes go by, but you are even in the credits for eternal fame.