EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-25-2007, 07:47 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Lucan DLere
Default Fun UI, a few questions...

Hi there, coming back to EQ2 after a long, long time away. I was here in the beginning though and worked on the UI way back. The UI has come a long way from day one I see.

This UI mod seems very nice, and I've installed it as I get used to EQ2 again.

Questions:

1. The player status window, is there a way to just show the player window and the target, and have the target window only appear when I have a target. I see that you currently have the player window set to show target, and implied. Any advice here?

2. Stats on the Inventory, or should I just look at the status bar below at the bottom of the screen, or open the Persona screen next to it?

3. Size of XP bar. Is there a way to make this section smaller and more compact?

4. Stats on the XP bar, what are the stats on the XP bar, some are new to me and there is no rollover info for this section.

Thanks a ton for the help! I think this might be my UI, much better than making one from scratch like I did in the beginning!
Unread 09-26-2007, 01:47 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

1. Set frame & titlebar to none. It removes the background graphics.

2. Persona window or stats bar or install another inventory window mod. Won't ever be on mine.

3. You can just resize that section to hide it. Most of the same information is available on the player window and the xp bar at the top anyway.

4. The color coding is identical to the big dotted number, which has a tooltip explaining what it is.

Have fun with the game and the UI.
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:36 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Thanks for the reply!

1. When I do this it works except the word TARGET appears by itself after I release a target. Any way to fix this?

2. No problem.

3. For the xp bar. Keep the money info, and the bars on the right but, it seems a little redundant to have the dottoed %. Just wondering.

4. I tried looking but what do these mean on the top bar:
C: 69.8% 0.0% 0.0% AP: 0% 0/0 TS: 0.0% GL:0 0.0% 0

Thanks a lot for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
1. Set frame & titlebar to none. It removes the background graphics.

2. Persona window or stats bar or install another inventory window mod. Won't ever be on mine.

3. You can just resize that section to hide it. Most of the same information is available on the player window and the xp bar at the top anyway.

4. The color coding is identical to the big dotted number, which has a tooltip explaining what it is.

Have fun with the game and the UI.

Last edited by AstroCat : 09-26-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Unread 09-26-2007, 08:04 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroCat View Post
1. When I do this it works except the word TARGET appears by itself after I release a target. Any way to fix this?
I'll have to check that, it shouldn't (if I understand correctly what's happening)...

Quote:
3. For the xp bar. Keep the money info, and the bars on the right but, it seems a little redundant to have the dottoed %. Just wondering.
To be honest I never liked the big dotted %, lol, but I never touched it because I always felt that it was in a way the telltale feature of ProfitUI, and I'm after all just doing ProfitUI Reborn. That said, the UI has come a long way since, and I'm planning a complete overhaul of the graphics for the next release anyway. So I'll consider the options for the XP window. I still think that the big number is useful to many, and not everybody is displaying the XP in the top bar.

Quote:
4. I tried looking but what do these mean on the top bar:
Actually they should all have tooltips as well.
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:00 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Yeah, try out the no frames Target and you will see what happens. The word "Target" remains even though you don't have a target anymore.

When I do a rollover on the to bar it switches to a 2nd set of stats, these do not have a mouseover pop-up. And since the first ones disappear on mouseover, you can't check to see if they get a pop-up. Any suggestions.

Thanks for the work on the mod, I'm pretty convinced now this will be my UI of choice.
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:15 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh right, the rollover. You can turn it off via the different window settings.

But the XP variants on the bar are quite easy to understand: Combat (Adventure) XP, Achievement XP, and Tradeskill XP, Guild level, Guild XP and Guildmembers currently online.
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:52 AM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Thanks, I looked in the .xml and with what you replied I got it. Thanks!

Noticed one other little thing, sometimes the bags window gets cut off on the bottom when you open and close it. I am using the Title on the bags. Not a big deal, just something else I noticed.
Unread 09-26-2007, 09:57 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yeah, known problem on the bags due to hardcoding on SOE's side. I will be providing titlebar bags as an optional window instead since I can't seem to effectively work around the issue (other than I currently did, bag sizes reset if you close/reopen them) with the switchable version I currently have. Feel free to give it a try and fix them though if you want to get back into modding.