EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DarqUI

Unread 05-15-2024, 11:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Unkown
Default Cant Save settings on Anashti Sul Beta

Hello, I am new to DarqUI and really enjoying it! It works great, and I am able to change my spell monitor, clicking save and ok after each change. It tracks my spells perfectly, however, when I camp out all my changes are cleared.

Is this just because I am playing on the beta server? Please help me.

edit: Someone told me that they are able to use DarqUI without problems on Anashti Sul, so I am hoping someone can show me some troubleshooting steps. I already checked if any of my .xml files are read only, and that doesn't appear to be the problem.

edit2: I was able to affect the timestamp on darquiv3_group.xml by using the Unified Utility tool, Manage Spell suggestions and changing wizard (my class) Spell lines to Burning Radiance, and deleting the others. Now when I log into Norrath as a wizard the group window shows a usable burning radiance icon. I could make these changes with the in game UI before, but they would all be cleared when camping out.

Last edited by Exseltzer : 05-15-2024 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Troubleshooting update
Unread 05-16-2024, 10:30 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Sorry you're having trouble saving on the Beta server. If you used the utility to install DarqUI and EQ2MAP on Beta, and then subsequently uninstalled EQ2MAP according to recommendations while the Beta maps are being retooled, you may need to check for updates and re-download the Add POI file (first file in the list.) Add POI is required in order to make changes in-game.

Alternatively you can use the utility to make your changes with no problem as you have discovered. Although that requires you to log all the way out of the game and back in, or use the /loadui command in-game. If you use /loadui, make a habit of zoning once immediately afterward which will clear up any rough edges caused by the command.

Unread 05-16-2024, 10:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Thank you for the support!

I did do what you said with EQmaps, and I redownloaded the Add POI in the Unified Utility. Below is the message from it.

Downloading \eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml... done
EQ2MAP: eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml already ignored

This did not fix my problem. I will continue to try things, because that spell monitor feature is so game changing for me!

Is there a way to set up the spell monitor with the unified utility?

Please let me know if you can share any more troubleshooting suggestions, and thanks again!

Edit: I tried logging into a live server and everything works as it should! The 2 DarqUI installations, one in the EQ2 folder, 1 in the beta folder contained in EQ2 folder have different files. I had never logged into a live server until I tried this tonight, so could me having only used the beta server with darqui be related?

Last edited by Exseltzer : 05-16-2024 at 11:04 PM. Reason: update
Unread 05-17-2024, 10:41 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Saving DarqUI settings in-game involves the mapping system. On Beta the mapping system has been changed considerably by the developers with the addition of a new POI_Origins category. You can save DarqUI settings in Beta from the in-game window manager, but the settings are being saved to the Default UI folder, not to DarqUI, so those settings do not get loaded when you restart the game in Beta.

A fix is in the works now, but in the meantime the most reliable way to configure your DarqUI settings in Beta is with the utility. In the utility, click the house icon at the top, then choose a character and component to configure. See DarqUI Portal: Installation

This is only for Beta. Live and Test servers are not affected.

Unread 05-24-2024, 11:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Component in Utility works!

Thank you for pointing out the component function of the utility, it solves my issue well enough to continue enjoying your UI.