EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 10-10-2011, 09:12 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Unable to load Drums UI after clean install of win7 64bit

I just did a clean install of Win 7 64bit. I loaded EQII from the sentinel's fate disks, then had a failure with launchpad and had to download the entire EQII program from Sony. I did not stream the install. After that I loaded eq2map, which worked fine once in admin mode. I installed Drums UPdater next and again had to use admin. Everything looked right including the eq2.ini, but Drums will not load. I tried /loadui and have only default and blue listed. I tried deleting eq2_recent.ini (it was in the users>public>sony online entertaiment>installed games>everquest II) and that did not work either. At this point I am at a loss. Thank you in advance for your help resolving this issue!
Unread 10-10-2011, 09:50 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Is your EQ2maps installed succesfully/working in game? If so, check your EQ2maps patcher settings and see what folder it is pointing it to. You need to make sure the DrumsUI updater is pointing there as well.

Also note that you have to run the EQ2maps updater after installing DrumsUI successfully, since EQ2maps at default will install in to it's own UI folder.
Unread 10-11-2011, 12:10 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Odd Resolution

After trying your recomendations and a few other things, I found that the everquest2 installation from the full digital download placed a lot of the files at C:/>users>public>sony online entertainment>installed games>everquest II. I lookedin this directory and found my last character I logged on as had their .ini file there. So I installed Drums Updater to that directory and this fixed the issue. After this I loaded EQMap and then moved all my saved character .ini and .opt files to tis directory and everything was back the way it was before the new install I hope this helps anyone else who encounters this issue.