EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM
A Brown Bear
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis
Default Skin question

I decided I wanted a little change of pace and decided to try one of the old skins sitting around. I kind of like the skin, and everything seems to work except for cast bar type things (spells/ca's, auto attack, npc casting). Any idea what file I would need to revert back to fix that?

I'm using the following

http://www.eq2interface.com/download...2bygurkoz.html
Unread 08-05-2011, 04:59 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Nagafen

Not really the right forum for this question.

Anyway, the UI you linked is a skin change and modifies lots of the art for eq2. Since the last update to the ui there have been lots of changes to the ui and new art elements were added to the default that were placed into already existing art assets.

To bring this ui up to speed you would have to visually compare the ui dds files to the default ui's dds files looking for any area in the ui that has no graphic where a graphic does exist in the default. You would then need to include a graphic in the ui's file whether it was a copy of the default image or a graphic themed to match this ui.

You could also delete the various dds files in the ui and see what else is affected when you delete the files and if you could live with the visual changes.

The file responsible for the casting bar background is specialelements.dds, which is located in the images subfolder for the ui.

Silat
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:05 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

If you're trying to get it to work with the DrumsUI, there shouldn't be too many direct conflictions, but merely missing art in some of the DDS files.

When you say cast bar type things, do you mean your casting bar and the cast bar in the Target windows? Are those the only things not showing up properly?
If you can list the specific UI windows that aren't showing correctly, it'd be pretty easy to tell you which files you need to remove to get things back to normal.
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:22 PM
A Brown Bear

The only things I've noticed not working are the progress bars in the casting bar, auto attack bar, and the npc casting bar (in the target window and the stand alone). The window shows up, I see the ability name, there just is no progress bar part of it.

Yea, I posted it here because I'm trying to get it to work with drums
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

These should be the only 2 files:

images/specialelements.dds
images/window_elements_generic.dds

The second file might be modified more by the Skin than the first, so your changes my vary. Lemme know how it turns out. Would be happy to modify them to include the cast bars when I have a few spare minutes.
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:31 PM
A Brown Bear

So basically I'm looking to include things that are completely omitted?

Edit: I added all the stuff that was missing, which was quite a bit in specialelements and I now have the cast bar. I'm curious though, which of those is actually for the cast bar? I ask because I'm thinking about changing the color of it.

Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited by slippery : 08-05-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Unread 08-05-2011, 05:45 PM
A Griffon
Featured

images/specialelements.dds
- Casting bar, Target casting bar, Target window casting bar, all share the same style. One element is the cast bar, the other is the background which is split into 3 sections of another element.

images/window_elements_generic.dds
- AutoAttack bar. One element is the cast bar. and I think a background, but that might be shared with the first file.

I believe all but the AutoAttack bar can be modified color by just editing the hex color #. The autoattack bar's color I might have coming right from the element (blue).