EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 10-14-2008, 12:31 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore
Default LetterboxOptions ??

Noticed this on the patcher today...what exactly is it? What does it do?

When I played eq1 I never used any /viewport command so this is new to me. Just curious before I start playing with it!

Thanks!
Unread 10-14-2008, 12:51 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I never played eq1 at all, but as far as I understand the actual 3D world was not full screen but rather surrounded by the UI. It was requested a few times recently and did probably look like this:
Unread 10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
A Rumbleroot Sapling

Server: Mistmoore

Ah ok, thats kinda how I played when I first started eq1... I didn't know better haha.
Unread 10-14-2008, 09:29 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Little black box

Since the letterbox update I have a little black box in the top left corner of my screen. I have tried to edit the letterbox settings to get it to go away with no luck any help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000020.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	6592  
Unread 10-14-2008, 10:34 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

My fault, run the updater again, should be fixed (didn't test it, let me know if it didn't work).
Unread 10-14-2008, 10:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Fixed thanks!
Unread 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Does anyone know if you can make the top and bottom distances different? I would like a larger black area at the bottom and a very small one on the top...
Unread 10-17-2008, 02:49 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes, use the letterbox built into ProfitUI (extend the bottom bar upwards or the top windows downwards and make sure to make their background opacity 100%). Of course you should turn off the standard horizontal letterbox in that case.
Unread 10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok so I am totally missing it I guess, where is the letterbox built into the proftui located? I can find the one under options that extends both top and bottom but nothing that lets me do them separately? I was able to find the vertical settings in the _ProfitUI_Miscsettings.txt file.

Also not sure if you are aware but if you use the default letterbox from sony it has a weird effect with the bottom bar of basically making it autohide unless you mouse over it.

Last edited by Turgis : 10-18-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: update
Unread 10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

I told you in the post just above yours, it is not a separate letterbox, it is just the backgrounds of the top and bottom windows.

On your last point check the FAQ (installation instructions I think).
Unread 10-19-2008, 01:25 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Red face

Ok sorry. I read that before and was not sure exactly what you meant and I looked through the FAQ and did not find anything that seemed related. What it looks like your saying is to extend the area of the bottom bar up and set the background so its black which is fine that should work, but then you are saying to extend the individual windows in the top area down and make theirs black also? This won't work since there are not windows covering every part of the top of my window. There would be background showing through plus you would have to line all the windows up exactly the same height which I had planned to let at least one flow over the dark area. If I am completely wrong here sorry but thanks for the help.

Also using the vertical letterbox finally I noticed 2 things. It eats the left and right sides of the bottombar, it also covers up the new voice chat bar (everything else so far seems to stay on top of the black area) and even though I said false to ShowVerticalEdge its still showing the white bar down the edges but oddly it stops about 1 1/2 inches from the top and bottom.

Last edited by Turgis : 10-19-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Unread 10-19-2008, 04:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You are correct, if you do not have the windows at the top forming the top bar as in the default layout then you cannot currently create a custom top bar.

Regarding the bottom bar being hidden, is this with a clean install of ProfitUI or do you have a modified eq2ui.xml? See my screenshot above, the bottom bar shows fine for me.
UPDATE: Never mind that, I can reproduce it if the horizontal bar is entirely hidden. I'll have to see what I can do about this...
UPDATE2: Phew, the fix for this was slightly complicated. On the updater now.

The vertical edge not being hideable and misconfigured when the horizontal bar is entirely hidden is confirmed, fix going to the updater in a moment.

Last edited by gm9 : 10-19-2008 at 04:56 PM.