EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Permafrost
Unhappy New characters no longer get intro Title quest

Greetings,

For some reason, no matter what character I create, I am no longer offered the new Title quests which give you a title if you get to 20 in 14 days. These quests are offered when youlog into a character for the first time.

I can see the Accept Quest window while I'm loading but once I load it disappears.

Then, no matter what quest I try to get, the quest window does not appear and I get the following message:

"You are currently being offered another quest"

This all started when I created a new toon awhile back and instead of accepting the new quest I selected the UI I wanted to use. Since that time I cannot see the new Quest window. I have to log out, then log back in and I can accept quests, however since I logged out I am no longere offered the new Title quest.

Hopefully I explained this right, I've tried asking SOE support but they want me to delete a bunch of files. I'd rather not do that.

Is this a known issue or is anyone else having this problem with ProfitUI Reborn?

Thanks.
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:45 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

can you not press accept while loading?
Unread 09-22-2008, 10:48 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I apologize I should have specific. The window appears for about 1/2 of a second. Just a quick flash.
Unread 09-23-2008, 03:19 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Cute, I didn't even know there was such a quest.

I'd say start with a clean install of the UI (see red line in my sig) and do not load any uisettings file either out of game or in game until after your character was created and that window popped up. If that still does not solve it rename your eq2.ini in your Everquest II\ folder to something else so the Default UI will load next time you start the game. If it works with the Default UI but did not with ProfitUI after you did the above come back here and let me know. If it still does not work delete the bunch of files SOE CS asked you to and take it up with them again.
Unread 09-29-2008, 12:36 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Ok I believe I've figured out the fundamental problem, just not the solution.

Whenever I used to create a character it would present me with the UI Selection Window. This window no longer appears and a selection is automatically made. I believe this is what's happening when I log in. The quest window will appear then when it automatically selects the UI settings it disappears.

Is there any way to make it so the UI Settings window doesn't automatically select a setting and will wait for me to select a configuration?
Unread 09-29-2008, 01:44 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

That is strange, that window still appears for me.

Apart from that I recently created a new character with the default UI and no title quest was offered to me. Are you sure it still exists?
Unread 09-29-2008, 01:56 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Well I fixed the problem. Here is what I did.

Open eq2_recent.ini

I changed the following setting to false

cl_picked_configuration true

Once I did that, I started EQ2 and I was presented with both the quest and the UI selection box.

However, the setting went back to true again so I hope I don't have to reset that settings whenever I make a new character. That doesn't happen very often so no matter.

Anyway, thought I would let everyone know the fix if anyone has this issue.

Hunter
Unread 09-29-2008, 02:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle

You should definitely bug this and/or post at the eq2forums as I've talked to a lot of people who use default UI and were angry that they never got this quest window.

You're above finding could be the problem at hand.
Unread 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Slayer of clock cycles
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Oasis

I always get the pick uisettings window, but have never ever seen the quest upon entering the game. Well I take that back; I do get a quest if I make a new toon and start out on noob island but not the other two locations.
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiin View Post
Well I take that back; I do get a quest if I make a new toon and start out on noob island but not the other two locations.
Strange. My second account which my friend plays had a new char started on it when the "Quest" was added, and it gave him the window when he started his Arasai in Darklight, so /shrug

It's definately not working right for everyone, and it should be.
Unread 09-29-2008, 07:39 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Well as I said above my experience is the same as Landiin's, I get the /load_uisettings dialog but no title quest (I do get the island quest but that's for gear, not for a title AFAIK.
Unread 10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

i had this problem aswell, until i used the fix the user posted about setting one of the config settings to false.

worked then.
Unread 10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

As in that case it is clearly a game issue I encourage you to /bug it.