EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Closed Thread
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost
Default How the HECK do you just UNinstall this mod?

Okay, I'm running Windows Vista (not by choice, I hate the dang thing), but I can't even log in to the GAME because it keeps popping up a login for ProfitUI Reborn, that won't accept ANY login information that I've ever used in my life.

WTH?

I've searched my hard drive for the .exe file, I've done everything I can think of, and I'm frankly, sick of it. I just want to delete the whole thing and start over.

Could someone just let me know how to DELETE ProfitUI, so that I can start all over with a clean install?

EDIT:

In some other thread someone said to delete the EQ2.ini.....I did that, and I STILL can't log in, it's saying that my password or username is wrong (and it INDEED is NOT). I think I'm done with custom UIs after this. I had forgotten how infuriating they are when it comes to updates. It's not worth it.

Last edited by Madiera : 05-13-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Unread 05-13-2008, 11:43 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Antonia Bayle

You can't login because the servers are down. http://eq2players.station.sony.com/network_status.vm
Unread 05-13-2008, 12:10 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Allow me: LMAO.
Unread 05-13-2008, 12:32 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Everfrost

I'm not an idiot, I KNOW the servers are down. THAT wouldn't cause the ProfitUI Installer to tell me my password or username are INCORRECT.

Who's laughing now?

The issue is not logging in....it's deleting ProfitUI. I can't DELETE the blasted thing.

When you attempt to "log in" to the game during downtimes, you STILL get to the screen that says "attempting login server 1" etc. I can't get to ANYthing, because of the ProfitUI login window popping up. Maybe I'm not making the problem clear. ALL I want to DO.....is DELETE ProfitUI, so that I can start over with a clean install.

Frankly, before laughing at someone, you ought to try to understand the issue at hand.

Nevermind, I just picked through my entire PC and deleted anything related to ProfitUI manually. That seemed to be the only possible solution. Now the Updater login does NOT show up....THANKfully....and I can reinstall this WONDERFUL program (thank you for it, because it IS awesome) as a clean install.

Last edited by Madiera : 05-13-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:00 PM
A Griffon

Server: Valor

Neither ProfitUI nor the updater pop up any login screen. You have seen the games' normal login screen which shows up if you either started it by using everquest2.exe or if it cannot login for any reason (e.g. servers down). Since the servers are coming up right now thats the reason why it doesnt pop up anymore.
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:11 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madiera View Post
Who's laughing now?
I don't know about you, but I still am.

Closing this thread down - should you consider asking for help in the future please consider your attitude before doing so or you will see your threads disappear.
Closed Thread