Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 05-25-2009, 01:30 AM
A Young Mystail Rat
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default Seperate cure window posible?

Hi all.

I'm new to all this UI modding and need a little help with an idea I had for my own UI.

Is it posible to add a seperate cure window, that is not in the custom UI folder? Like having a 2'nd player window where you can move and resize both individually?

I thought of adding something like <include>FILENAME.xml</include> to the eq2ui_custom.xml file and make it load the UI that way.
Is this posible or am I fiddling blind here ?

Many thanks.
Unread 05-25-2009, 03:53 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurea View Post
Hi all.

I'm new to all this UI modding and need a little help with an idea I had for my own UI.

Is it posible to add a seperate cure window, that is not in the custom UI folder? Like having a 2'nd player window where you can move and resize both individually?

I thought of adding something like <include>FILENAME.xml</include> to the eq2ui_custom.xml file and make it load the UI that way.
Is this posible or am I fiddling blind here ?

Many thanks.
The first part is a little confusing. You want to add a window to the EQ2\UI\Default folder(not in a custom UI folder)? There's no real advantage to doing this as EQ2 will load components that are missing from default anyways. Not only that, if you change the eq2ui_custom.xml file in default, the patcher will overwrite it. Just make a new UI folder with a eq2ui_custom.xml file including whatever else you wish. Or override other files. Your explanation was confusing to me so maybe you're not asking/doing what I thought.

Secondly, having any window with cure icons that doesn't normally have cure icons is problematic. For some reason they added dynamic data to every single player in a group/raid... however all it can do is control visibility that I know of. The icons changing graphics and having little numbers in the corner is hard-coded, I think. Having a custom window with that isn't possible as far as I know.
Unread 05-25-2009, 05:51 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thank you for your reply
I'm sorry for my confusing post, let me try and make a little more sence of it.

Basically a player window with cure buttons, take that and split the window up into 2 windows instead of 1.
Then you have 1 window with your name, health, power, concentrations etc. and 1 window with the cure buttons.

My question was (IF it's even posible of course), how to I make EQ load both windows as part of my UI ??
Unread 05-25-2009, 07:01 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Yes that works as you said in the OP, except you'd put it in a custom UI folder as Aditu explained. Just make sure to name the window with the cure buttons Player (in the XML) so they light up.

edit: maybe to add some more detail just in case: create one window with a file name of eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml, the other one you can give whatever file name you want and you <include> that second filename in eq2ui_custom.xml. All those files go into your custom UI folder. Add some code OnShow of the first window to show_window the second window and you're done.

Last edited by gm9 : 05-25-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Unread 05-26-2009, 04:40 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thanks gm9 and Aditu for your help.

I'll try and mess around with this for a few days to see if I can make some sence of everything before asking for more help.. lol
I'm quite the newbie when it comes to UI modding
Unread 05-26-2009, 05:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

maybe just download a click to cure player window from here and remove everything you do not want.
Unread 05-26-2009, 06:25 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

That's what I did.. hehe.

Still have to make it work with the OnShow code and such though.
+ I've taken it 1 step further and I'm now looking through a bunch of other UI's to see how I can make the icons resizeble in-game.

While we're at it here anyways , if I set the option "UserResizeble" as "true", will it also change the icon size or is that a whole other ballgame ?
Unread 05-26-2009, 06:39 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

yes, but you need to look at the PackSize attribute, it controls whether a child element is resized along with the parent.
Unread 05-27-2009, 02:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hey gm9.

It didn't work sadly.
I've attached a copy of what I got so far, if I ask really nicely can you take a quick look just to see if I'm far off or if I'm on track.? thx much in advance.

I added <Include>eq2ui_custom_Cures.xml</Include> to "eq2ui_custom.xml" and used in-game command "/show_window Custom.Cures", but the window never showed up.
I got a "failed to show window" line in a txt log in my EQ2 directory, but it didn't specify anything further.
Attached Files
File Type: xml eq2ui_Cures.xml (4.6 KB, 309 views)
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:33 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The window in your file is called "Player" as it must be to show the effect icons, so you need to /show_window Custom.Player

Remove the OnShow="││show_window Custom.Cures" from that file also unless you have a separate file called cures and even then the vertical bars would probably prevent execution, but maybe that's why you put them in?
Unread 05-27-2009, 04:01 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
The window in your file is called "Player" as it must be to show the effect icons, so you need to /show_window Custom.Player
Ooh, I thought it refered to the file name and not the UI name.
How will this work as I'll then have 2 UI's named "player" ? will it know which UI to load when I do the /show_window command ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm9 View Post
Remove the OnShow="││show_window Custom.Cures" from that file also unless you have a separate file called cures and even then the vertical bars would probably prevent execution, but maybe that's why you put them in?
Doh, I'm such a noob.. I think I misread your previous post about adding the OnShow code. That OnShow code needs to be added to the normal player window and not this one right ?
About the vertical bars, that was something I saw when researching other custom UI pieces for "how to" material. But if they gotta go, they gotta go.
Unread 05-27-2009, 05:38 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

You can have two windows of the same name but you should avoid it because it can cause issues when you apply ui scripting to them (because during runtime they get moved out of the MainHUD and Custom trees and into the same runtime tree "_HUD"). I suggest you rename the window you attached here to eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml, rename the other one in the XML to something else (e.g. Player2) and you then keep the "show_window Custom.Player2" in the first one (but without vertical bars).