EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Request

Unread 07-02-2009, 07:23 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost
Default Cure Icons

Would like to see a movable window that has the cure icons in it nox , arcane ,trama , elemental . It dose not have to be click to cure or anything like that i just want to have the box so it can me moved to a different spot and not have to relocate the whole player window.
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:51 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

What you are looking for is called a hotbar.
Unread 07-02-2009, 02:10 PM
A Griffawn
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Oasis

I took a look at creating a custom effects window. There are certain hard coded things in the Player window effects icons. First is the icon picture that shows up when you have a detrimental effect and the second is the number of effects. The icon for the effect is do-able but the number is not. As far as I can tell there is no gamedata about how many effects are on your character.

One of the hurdles to modding the interface is there is a lot of hard coded behaviors.(meaning we can't change or recreate the function)
Unread 07-02-2009, 02:38 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Oh, so this is about the effect icons, not the cure buttons then?

They can be ported, ProfitUI has them on the group window for example. To create your own window simply copy them out of there or the ProfitUI player window, for example.
Unread 07-03-2009, 02:36 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

If all else fails... a trick used in the past that may still work...
Simply dupe the entire window, leave the name in the file the same, and strip out anything you don't want.

Hard-coded stuff generally doesn't distinguish between 2 windows of the same name. The dupe just has to retain the same object nesting.

This is a very ugly hack and other oddities can result, like window keys toggling whichever happens to be in the foreground.
Unread 07-03-2009, 03:45 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonx View Post
a trick used in the past that may still work...
This still works. Even better is to create dupes on the fly during runtime, as then you can rename them and address them individually, the hardcoding will continue to stick to all of them. Useful for testing, but definitely an ugly hack as you said. As stated though in the present case it is not necessary to use it.
Unread 07-04-2009, 06:17 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow

Yes, but duping the Player window on the fly wont provide a window with just the cure stuff... which is what the OP wanted.

Again, my suggestion was "If all else fails". Only use the duped window option if traditional methods using DDs and such isn't viable.
Unread 07-16-2009, 04:47 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Server: Permafrost
Default Cure icon window

something like Ricks cure icons in his player window would be great and if it could move around that would be greater. Just the icons it does not have to have click to cure or anything like that.
Attached Images

Unread 10-22-2009, 01:38 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Runnyeye

Would be very helpfull if it was possible.
Unread 05-09-2010, 05:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

I know that this is a little bit older of a thread, but what the hey.

I've been looking for something that would give a clickie cure/detrimental display in the same fashion as the group window in Profit, but only as a personal. I was imagining it as an invisible window that could be positioned above the head where the icon's of only the detrimentals that needed curing would become visible.

I tend to have bad tunnel vision when I'm fighting so the group window is too far out of the way to see that I've been popped with something.