EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > General Discussion > Help!?!?!

Unread 10-23-2007, 01:17 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest
Default New chat window opens

I've seen a couple post but will post just so I'm following along and get the right help.

Problem - I have all my chat window tabs setup and main chat set to always chat here. If I level and join a new channel or I happen to have left say 1-9 and some chat gets typed in that channel it opens a new window.

How can this be fixed short of deleting my uisettings? I am not sure if the UISettings spy can fix it but if it can how would I find this window thats opened and delete it?

Thanks in advance.

Also I thought of leaving all the channels via UISettings spy and then logging in deleting the uisettings and camping out will this save the file on camping or am I gonna lose my window positions etc?
Unread 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.

Server: Lucan DLere

You'll have to write a /bug report for SOE. There are a couple strange things and bugs with the chat windows.

I use two chat windows and "Always chat here" seems to always reset to my second chat window when I log off. I've just left it there now.

When you click on the icon for an item in an examine window it pastes the item link into your first ever chat window, ignoring "Always chat here". If for some reason you've closed your first ever chat window you won't see the item link. The same is true if you use the "link to guild" button in the cloak design window.

Visit Othesus World!
Unread 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

Yep, unfortunately chat windows are odd creatures.

As an additional example, if you have custom chat channels in the primary chat window (even if it's in different tabs in it) the main tab absorbs them. But they're perfectly fine if they're in a second window. Odd, no?

Deleting your uisettings file will reset the windows to their old locations, unfortunately.

As for the old windows reapparing, I'm convinced that it is because at one point that was the 0th (or 1st, depending how you count ) chat window and the game somehow remembers that and just doesn't want to let it go. But that's just a theory.

For the time being, I'd just add it as a tab and ignore it, that way it'll be less bothersome.
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
A Griffon

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Yep, unfortunately chat windows are odd creatures.

As an additional example, if you have custom chat channels in the primary chat window (even if it's in different tabs in it) the main tab absorbs them. But they're perfectly fine if they're in a second window. Odd, no?

Deleting your uisettings file will reset the windows to their old locations, unfortunately.

As for the old windows reapparing, I'm convinced that it is because at one point that was the 0th (or 1st, depending how you count ) chat window and the game somehow remembers that and just doesn't want to let it go. But that's just a theory.

For the time being, I'd just add it as a tab and ignore it, that way it'll be less bothersome.
When added as a tab a new window opens yet again. This is the part thats the pain. Teaches me to have used EliteUI with a buggy chat window. I'll most likely just make that the primary window since it seems that window is the always chat here one but when formed as a tab it still opens a window if that doesn't work I'll try deleting the uisettings file and seeing if that fixes it. Bug report was sent though just in case
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:23 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowaubeth View Post
I am not sure if the UISettings spy can fix it but if it can how would I find this window thats opened and delete it?
Either by opening your uisettings.ini in a text editor or by using UIsettingsSpy find a window called mainchat_clone_0, mainchat_clone_1, etc. The channels registered therein are written after that, so you can find the one you don't want. Now either delete that window in Uisettingsspy or rename it in your text editor by changing one character, i.e. to Painchat_clone_1.