EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 01-09-2009, 04:09 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Spell Cast Pertentage In Persona Window

I dont know if this is just me or not but i've updated my ui today with the new persona information and I like the layout, but there is one thing im seeing. As a Mystic I have a ton of gear towards reducing my casting speed and Reuse speed, but my persona window shows that I have a spell cast of 0%, it is also showing that my reuse is 8%.

Now i have the aa ability Ritual of Mind that gives the 8% reuse. But I also have 2 x Runic Recovery II and a Runic Recovery I, which shoud net me a 13% reuse.

On the Spell casting speed i have the Crimson Robe of Alendine which should give me a 10% casting speed reduction. I also have 2 x Benevolent Alacrity IIs and 2 x Benevolent Alacrity Is and a Benevolent Alacrity V. All of these should net me a 21% casting speed reduction.

Now on both my casting speed and reuse speed they are working on my spells and allowing for faster reuse and cast speeds, i was just wanting to know if there was a way to show the correct numbers in the persona window. I understand that most of my casting speed and reuse are for beneficial spells minus the robe. but maybe there could be list of different types of reuse and casting speed, kinda like in the Avoidance and Mitigation stat where it shows the different ones and the different percentages towards that stat.

If this isn't possible thats cool, I was just thinking it might be kinda cool for us classes that really use the casting speed abilities a lot.

thanks.
Unread 01-09-2009, 04:26 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

The persona window is showing all stats available to be shown, there is nothing else. You can /feedback SOE if you want more.

Regarding the issue at hand I think gear boni were never taken into account but the AA buff should be, so maybe it's a bug or I'm wrong.
Unread 01-09-2009, 08:50 PM
A Griffon
Yes this person is from Daybreak!

Server: Unrest

raptor2276,

The way our spell system works is pretty complex. Even though you commonly see specific spell types like "beneficial" or "hostile" we actually have the ability to modify down to a specific spell or spell line. This is pretty common in AA abilities. There really is no good way for us to show every combination of spell mods for every type of spell that we can modify.

Currently the spell reuse/recovery/casting values on the persona window only affect the Property-type mods that you see on items. So when an item says +5 Ability Reuse Speed, it will show up in the list. But if the item has a passive spell on it that "increases reuse speed of all spells", it will not show up in the list because "all spells" could be "hostile spells", "beneficial spells", "Ice Bolt", or any number of spell combinations that aren't determined until you know exactly which spell you're viewing or casting. This confusion is why we didn't display this dynamic data for the first year. If we get too many bugs/complaints about the values not being correct, don't be surprised if we remove the data altogether because right now there is no good solution to fix it.
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:07 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for the official definition of what that value is, I added that to the label tooltip, might reduce some confusion. Maybe you also want to add that warning to the data's tooltip itself.
Unread 01-10-2009, 12:50 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Cool thanks guys, was just curious. ill just be happy with it actually reducing the casting speed of my spells