MY UI AUTHOR PORTAL:
SEAGOAT'S UI MODS SUPPORT THREAD:
Please post any questions you have about my mods to the support thread. Bug reports and feature requests should be made through my Portal.
The EQ2 game menu button and the SC Marketplace button have been added to the window. You can hide both buttons by right-clicking on the window and selecting "Minimize." Right-click on the window and select "Maximize" to show both buttons again. To hide only the SC button, resize the window from the right.
The buttons are attached to the bottom of the window, so resizing the bar will move them up to accommodate your preferred XP bar setup.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
This experience bar mod has the capacity to show all four progress bars at once:
- Adventure experience ("XP")
- Tradeskill experience ("TS")
- Achievement experience ("AP")
- Guild level ("GS")
There are 6 possible configurations!
- All 4 bars! (XP, TS, AP, and GS)
- XP and TS
- XP and GS
- XP, TS, and AP
- XP, TS, and GS
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
The gems have been removed from either end of the bars. The vitality overflow arrows to the right of the XP and TS bars have also been removed. The level/points achieved is shown on the left end of the progress bars.
To the right of the bars are percentages:
- XP percent & XP vitality
- TS percent & TS vitality
- AP percent & Unassigned APs
- GS percent & XP debt
All of these numbers can be hidden by resizing the window from the right.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The three bottom bars (TS, AP, and GS) are linked to window properties, and the remaining bars can be moved up by resizing the window.
- TS is linked to the window "Titlebar" property.
- AP is linked to the window "Frame" property.
- GS is linked to the window "Backdrop" property.
To hide the GS bar, right-click on the interface piece and choose "Window Settings." Slide the "Backdrop" opacity sliders both all the way to the left.
To hide the TS bar, choose "Frame Only" from the "Frame and Title" dropdown menu.
To hide both the TS and AP bars, choose "None" from the "Frame and Title" dropdown menu OR slide the "Frame and Title" opacity sliders both all the way to the left.
Once your unwanted bar(s) have been removed, simply resize the window from the bottom to move the still-visible bar(s) toward the always-visible XP bar.
HOW DO I INSTALL IT?
1. Follow the installation instructions for all UI mods here: http://faq.eq2interface.com/
2. When logging in to EQ2 for the first time after copying this mod's XML file to your custom UI directory, you need to check your XP bar's window settings to ensure the mod is showing up correctly:
- Right-click on the bars and choose "Window Settings."
- Slide all opacity sliders to the right as far as they will go ("Window," "Frame and Title," and "Backdrop").
- Select "Frame and Titlebar" from the "Frame and Title" drop-down menu.
- You may need to untick the "Locked" checkbox so you can resize the window and make all available elements visible.
- Click "OK" to save your changes.
3. Once you're sure the mod is installed correctly, you can go back into your "Window Settings" dialog box and hide any unwanted elements.
- Fixed the tooltip functionality; they were not being displayed when the window was in "Maximized" mode. No visual changes.
- Retooled the entire window to be in line with GU57 code structure, including the "minimize" and "maximize" options.
- Added the EQ2 game menu and SC Marketplace buttons.
- Added "modular" to the mod name, because it is.
- Changed the text color of levels/points and percentages from gold to white for better visibility.
- Further condensed the window horizontally.
- Realigned unspent Achievement Points number.
- Added the number of unassigned Achievement Points to the right of the AP bar.
- Customized the fonts to ensure proper text alignment.
- Condensed the window vertically.
- Replaced "reminder initials" with progress percentages.
- Added vitality and debt percentages.
- Widened the window a bit and shifted everything to the right to ensure there would be room for triple-digit numbers on the left (namely for AP points).
- Modified text element widths and widenened the entire window to accomodate GU34 XP formatting changes (percentages with decimals).
- Changed text style to reflect serif or small sans-serif font, depending on user's settings.
- Widened right-side text areas so that wide text isn't truncated with elipses.
- Introduced 2 additional versions of the bars: No AP and Percentages w/ No AP. The additional versions can be downloaded from the "Patches/Addons" section of this mod's download page:
- Removed the frames around the bars.
- Changed the font colors.
- Further condensed the entire UI piece by moving the bars and their surrounding elements closer together.
- Introduced 3 additional versions of the bars: Percentages, AP First, and Percentages w/ AP First. The additional versions can be downloaded from from the "Patches/Addons" section of this mod's download page:
- Fixed an issue with the vitality overflow markers for adventure and tradeskill XP not showing up correctly...it was a simple "visibility" attribute that somehow got set to "false." Anyway, they should be working as expected now!
Text Update, 15 October 2006
- Added the "How do I install it?" section above after a guildmate wrestled with getting the mod installed and configured.
- Updated the background color of all 4 bars. Once I actually logged in and used the bars, the red of the GS didn't contrast enough with the ugly brown background for my taste...so I made the backgrounds blue! (See the image on the right.)
- Updated the color of the GS bar. I got tired of it being the same gold as the XP bar, so I made it the same shade of red as the XP debt bar, since I just know no one sees much of that color anymore.
- Updated three bottom bars' properties so that they can be moved up to rest below the always-visible XP bar.
- Switched the TS and AP associated window properties so that those characters who are uninterested in TS experience (adventure-only types) can still view the AP bar.
- Initial release.