EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Developer Discussion > UI Developer Discussion

Unread 04-16-2007, 03:58 AM
A Griffon
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere
Default eq2ui_journals_active.xml -- Heed this warning!

I put together an examine window mod last night and then started working on a mod for the active quest helper window. The default window has some hidden features that I thought would be easy to turn on. I got hung up for a while since I needed to create a bunch of custom styles (Dropdownboxstyle, ListboxStyle, GridStyle, and some ImageStyles.) When I finally tried the window out in-game, I just couldn't get the new page with the buttons and dropdown to show up... Grrr, it looked fine in the UIBuilder... I tried a million different things to make it show up and finally gave up a few hours later and fell asleep.

Then today I loaded up Fetish to see how Zonx's quest helper window looks. Just on a whim I thought I would change the name of the page from "ButtonPage" to "Buttons" and... that was it! The client does something weird with "ButtonPage"

So if you're making a new quest helper window, don't leave that page named "ButtonPage" or you will never see it! Just re-name it to something else and don't waste a few hours trying to make it to show up.

Last edited by Othesus : 04-16-2007 at 04:10 AM.